Macquarie University (1 Viewer)

Matt2233

HSC
or UNSW, or UTS? Then you are dumb!

Haha i think your entirely missing the point of uni. If you want to spend the next 3-5 years of your life going to a uni with a good reputation just so other people are impressed, your an idiot.

I could do my course in any uni in nsw, but im doing it at uow because its a really fun uni and from what i gathered its got a great environmental engineering course. Just because it doesnt have the high atar cutoffs of your 'superior' uni's doesnt mean its worse in any way at all.

Last edited:

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
Haha i think your entirely missing the point of uni. If you want to spend the next 3-5 years of your life going to a uni with a good reputation just so other people are impressed, your an idiot.

I could do my course in any uni in nsw, but im doing it at uow because its a really fun uni and from hat i gethered its got a great environmental engineering course. Just because it doesnt have the high atar cutoffs of your 'superior' uni's doesnt mean its worse in any way at all.
You got 96 and chose UOW.... UNIVERSITY OF FU%$ING WOOLLONGONG?!?!?!? You are stupid. A uni with good reputation and so other people are impressed = BETTER UNI! Because it gains its reputation from BEING a better uni. How can you not see that?

Matt2233

HSC
You got 96 and chose UOW.... UNIVERSITY OF FU%$ING WOOLLONGONG?!?!?!? You are stupid. A uni with good reputation and so other people are impressed = BETTER UNI! Because it gains its reputation from BEING a better uni. How can you not see that?
Haha, buddy if you think your going to get a job riding off the back of your uni's reputation your in for a nasty surprise. Because i was lucky enough to get a scholarship at uow i get 5 weeks of industry employment every year and other cool ways to meet people in the industry. Theres no way going to a uni like usyd would prepare me better for work.

A dickhead from a good uni = a dickhead you don't want to work with

Last edited:

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
Haha, buddy if you think your going to get a job riding off the back of your uni's reputation your in for a nasty surprise. Because i was lucky enough to get a scholarship at uow i get 5 weeks of industry employment every year and other cool ways to meet people in the industry. Theres no way going to a uni like usyd would prepare me better for work.

A dickhead from a good uni = a dickhead you don't want to work with
Bro, I've got a SCHOLARSHIP at UNSW :) we'll see just who gets the better job since we're in similar positions, but CLEARLY DIFFERENT UNIS (mines 100x better)

And Im not a dickhead, only on this forum (;

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
We're going to believe that - how and why?

Anyway, I made a thread entitled prestige or course - and the overwhelming reaction was course, because prestige means essentially nothing. That's the public sentiment, unfortunately for you Chromatic. So you're either a lone voice of reason - or part of the unsilent incorrect minority.

Matt2233

HSC
Bro, I've got a SCHOLARSHIP at UNSW :) we'll see just who gets the better job since we're in similar positions, but CLEARLY DIFFERENT UNIS (mines 100x better)

The scholarships not important, its all the work experience and people ill meet, ie the things that gets you a job, not an obnoxious attitude and a piece of paper from a fancy uni. Plus uow has a much better campus the unsw and the people are lovely.

freuder

HSC
i say chromatic is a phaggot thinking a uni's quality is determined by a students rank to get in. not to mention a uni's strengths and weaknesses one may consider when applying for certain subjects. fkn loser.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
i say chromatic is a phaggot thinking a uni's quality is determined by a students rank to get in. not to mention a uni's strengths and weaknesses one may consider when applying for certain subjects. fkn loser.
This person speaks the truth.

Also @ Shadowdude, no worries mate. =]

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I seem to recall I was wondering whether I should go to Sydney or UNSW - I think Chromatic being there has kinda tipped the scales to Sydney for me.

Because using a Chromatic way of thinking, "OMG CHROMATIC IS THERE AND SO IS REPRESENTATIVE OF ALL THE STUDENT POPULATION! OH NOEZ!"

saba_saba

HSC
Macquarie cut-offs aren't ridiculously high but they're still tough - 97.10 for Law/International Studies, which is what I'm planning on doing next year.

Also, sidenote: George Williams, the Foundation Director of the Gilbert + Tobin Centre @ UNSW (where he is also a professor) went to MQU. Something to ponder.

twistedrebel

HSC
i bet chromatic will fail at uni epically and will become my cleaner.

a037422944

HSC
Uni Grad
Macquarie cut-offs aren't ridiculously high but they're still tough - 97.10 for Law/International Studies, which is what I'm planning on doing next year.

Also, sidenote: George Williams, the Foundation Director of the Gilbert + Tobin Centre @ UNSW (where he is also a professor) went to MQU. Something to ponder.
*off topic* congrats on your EX2! thats epic

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
do you mean just normal science/arts psychology or psychology (Honours)?
Well see you can learn the same courses in each of those degrees, the BPsych (Hons) is just a tailored degree with the honours year. So, regardless, the Psychology faculty is internationally known for their expertise and research.

Monstar

HSC
Yes its a good uni if you bother to try hard and establish yourself early ie have targeted goals ambitions.

No if you do none of the above. Like i've said in previous threads, its possible to push into elite multinational firms and companies in the banking/finance field if you can be fucked putting in the work.

8brendan8

HSC
does anyone know if international studies at macquarie is a good course?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)