Major Project Advice (1 Viewer)

shell.q

HSC
If you haven't yet received your assessment timetable you will soon and realize that your major projects are due around the time of you trials. Your teachers will probably say the same thing but don't leave it to the last minute. If you want good marks in the trials, you can't afford not studying for them due to last minute all nighters on majors.
Be prepared with your major and don't leave it to the last minute, can not be stressed enough.

Nyxie

HSC
thanks for the advice :spin:

I definitely need to work on my majors constantly and consistently throughout the next year ( and through the summer holidays ) as I have majors for ext. 2 eng, society PIP, Art major and Ext. History major.

Do you think it's doable for me to achieve high-marks in all four if I DO work consistently and dedicate lots of time to them?:spin:

HSC
Uni Grad
If you haven't yet received your assessment timetable you will soon and realize that your major projects are due around the time of you trials. Your teachers will probably say the same thing but don't leave it to the last minute. If you want good marks in the trials, you can't afford not studying for them due to last minute all nighters on majors.
Be prepared with your major and don't leave it to the last minute, can not be stressed enough.
Absolutely, I was goin good up until the hols before my SDD one was due and that took 160 hours from my hols and the first week back I could have been studying (I had done about 90 hours from when we got it). This severely impacted on my trial marks and subsequently put me in the cbf mood for the HSC (as well as the fact my whole school seemed to have caught the cbf bug too).

kaytt

HSC
yes take this advice! this year i did Art, Design & Tech and Industrial Tech: Multimedia. Art and D&T were due on the same day and Indu a week or two before... start getting ontop of it now otherwise you could be like me, staying up to atleast 3am every morning for a month trying to catch up and get things done (and I was on top of it all... but it was not enough!)

technicolour

HSC
I have the same teacher for both majors (Society and His. Ext.) and she's fantastic. She sets us a bunch of deadlines to force us to get stuff done on time so that we're not a bunch of procrastinators. She's already stressed getting stuff done early. Good advice. :)

Nyxie

HSC
Yeah, I'm prepared to put lots of work in consistently throughout the entire year. Either way it's still going to be a lot--- well, they're the subjects I love so I'll manage :spin:

phayte

HSC
I did two major works (Ext. History and Drama) and managed to not overwork, i mainly just used holidays as my major work time and did (much) less study than i did normally (which wasn't much anyway :))
Everyone says it's easier to do if you do consistent work but i found i lost a lot of motivation and my train of thought if i didn't do a LOT of work at the beginning and then just refining at the end.

Nyxie

HSC
Hmm... I guess the good thing about having so many majors is that if I get bored doing one I can always do another one for a bit :uhoh:

The majors are due around the time of the trials-- generally in august or september depending on the subject.

kazziiee

class of 2010 : )
HSC
im dreading my one major.
let alone four.

i work 15-20 hours a week.
& try to study.
& still run out of time.

while on the topic of major works.
advice on where to look for a drama monologue?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)