majority? (1 Viewer)

Is voting liberal 4 PM
HSC
my teacher says (and he discussed with staff) that a majority does not include a unanimous result

ie out of 7 voters
7 for and 0 against would not be a majority?

can anyone clarify this?

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
people, lets use some common sense, this isnt english where they try and trick you with this sort of stuff, clearly, this is extension maths, they are testing you on maths...........

Is voting liberal 4 PM
HSC
wrxsti said:
people, lets use some common sense, this isnt english where they try and trick you with this sort of stuff, clearly, this is extension maths, they are testing you on maths...........
aww..

to the contrary, my teacher stresses on how related math is to english. Our school's gemoetry marks are the worst. Its basically grammar and punctuation all the way. You arent even allowed to say equals to, its 'is equal to'. He keeps saying equals 2? No abbrev. either. write "not pos." and he will add sum--no possum- and give u a big cross.

HSC
If you want to get technical, then 7/7 is a "complete majority", however it say that 7/7 can't be considered a majority is incorrect, and I would challenge your teacher to find a definition in an official source to prove his point.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
2162 said:
aww..

to the contrary, my teacher stresses on how related math is to english. Our school's gemoetry marks are the worst. Its basically grammar and punctuation all the way. You arent even allowed to say equals to, its 'is equal to'. He keeps saying equals 2? No abbrev. either. write "not pos." and he will add sum--no possum- and give u a big cross.
lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)