marked down for same techniques (1 Viewer)

amour

Female
HSC
for paper 1
do you get marked down for using same techniiques in the synthesis question (last q) that u used in the previous questions?

abc123yoyo

HSC
for paper 1
do you get marked down for using same techniiques in the synthesis question (last q) that u used in the previous questions?
Nope, I used the same analysis for the last q. as my other 1s n i got full marks for everything

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Paper one, the first question (comprehension)?

or across it?

if the first Q, then you might, because it shows you dont know enough or aren't able to identify techniques.

zxreth

HSC
Paper one, the first question (comprehension)?

or across it?

if the first Q, then you might, because it shows you dont know enough or aren't able to identify techniques.
Either this, or they'll think you're too lazy to do it, therefore possible deduction of marks may apply.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Apparently no you won't. I never did though (because I didn't know that you could use the same analysis and techniques again until after my HSC). :p

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
No deduction, they expect you to reuse techniques from previous parts. It's one of the reasons those parts exist. Kinda like maths. You use the previous parts but you obviously have to do new stuff with it too. You can always find a 'new way' e.g. in maths "Hence or otherwise show...", but why do that when you have half the answer available already?

herbs1

HSC
that is true. you may reuse your previous parts. but dont do this in an essay, you should have unique techs in that

HSC
Uni Grad
Does that mean that we are allowed to use the same quotes we used from a-d on question e)?

smartalec

HSC
our teacher gave us a copy of those exam booklets for the belonging paper labelled as 'top student responses'
anyway, I was looking through them and they used the EXACT same quotes for the 5 marker with their previous responses. so should be fine!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)