Marks and Studying (1 Viewer)

Ednaw

HSC
Umm im in yr 11 this year and im wondering what kinda marks i needa get in my subjects in yr12 lol for me to get a good uai

im doing

3u maths
2u adv english
legal
chem
physics
and economics

can u guys gimme some ideas...?:)

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by Ednaw

3u maths
2u adv english
legal
chem
physics
and economics

can u guys gimme some ideas...?:)
for 3u math: around 60% for 85

2u math: around 75% for 85

legal: have no idea

chem: 75% for 85

physics: same as chem

eco: around 70-80% for 85

eng: not sure but i say 70% for 85

edit: are you clear? any more questions? :p

Ednaw

HSC
thanx dude that clears things up for me :D, i thought id need to do alot better lol :p and doesnt my ranking also play a major part?

as in my ranking in my school for the subjects

abdooooo!!!

Banned
of course the ranking!!! hahaha... you just need to try you're best and hope that your classmates do well in the hsc to aid your assessment mark.

but if you come first... you'll automatically get the heighest hsc exam mark in your school as your assessment mark. :)

otherwise its kinda hard to work out what you get for assessment mark which is worth 50%... hehehe. :p

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
yes, ranking is very very very important. try and come as close to first in all of your classes (that should go without saying though)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
In year eleven make sure you understand all concepts since the HSC course normally builds on that. Especially Maths since up to 20% can be asked from prelim in the HSC.

Ednaw

HSC
hmm alrite ill pay attention in class and do my best :D, hopefully my hard work will pay off

santaslayer

HSC
legal u have to get a band 6...no joke..

thats becoz legal isnt the best "scaled" subject but if u get a band 6 in legal and achieve solid results in ur other high scaling subjects then u'll do fine

Last edited by a moderator:

abdooooo!!!

Banned
legal sucks... i never done it lol.

legal last year:

88 hsc mark = 78 scaled mark
94 hsc mark = 92 scaled mark

hahaha. what a crap canditure.

compared to chemistry:

80 hsc mark = 78 scaled mark
94 hsc mark = 95 scaled mark

now thats good. :D

HSC
can you give ideas of marks for me too? i wish to get a UAI>95 myself but with my subject selection, i'm not sure if it's possible unless my teachers let me change after a couple of weeks.
english advanced
maths 2u (advanced)
chemistry
legal
info processes and tech (might change/drop if i'm not interested)
studies of re 2u

also does the ranking of my school (all saints catholic senior college) affect my UAI and HSC mark considering that it's not in the top 120 schools?

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
defenitely possible:

to be safe you would probably need
>90 in maths (not that hard to achive)
and mid to high 80s in other subjects

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by **freakstar87**

also does the ranking of my school (all saints catholic senior college) affect my UAI and HSC mark considering that it's not in the top 120 schools?
this is something that i posted before in some other thread:

yeah, say you can come 10th in ruse, but you'll proly come first in other schools and thus would get you're assessment mark as your hsc exam mark. the thing is what happen if you don't perform well on the day of hsc exam due to luck or whatever. if you were in ruse then you have something to fall back on, you still get a kick-ass assessment mark that is not the best as you didn't come first, but high enough to minimise the damage of you're ill fated luck on the exam day. but if you were in a crappier school then you proly will be fully destroyed if you stuff up on the hsc exam day... in terms of getting 100 uai.

then again if everything goes well in the exams... a less competitive school will proly be a better choice as you don't have to worry about assessments that much and can have more time to focuse on getting the best mark for the actual hsc exam. that is if you can come first really easily.

the system suppose to be fair so it all depends all luck i guess. :)

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by **freakstar87**
can you give ideas of marks for me too? i wish to get a UAI>95 myself but with my subject selection, i'm not sure if it's possible unless my teachers let me change after a couple of weeks.
english advanced
maths 2u (advanced)
chemistry
legal
info processes and tech (might change/drop if i'm not interested)
studies of re 2u
subject choices ain't gonna matter that much. as long as you choose your best subjects then you should go alright. say if math is your best subject, but you think you're not so good at math either so you'll choose 2/3 unit instead of 4 unit. this is just wrong if math is your best subject. because choosing the heighest level of math you can get 4 units of it than just 2 or 3, and hence will more likely be able to get a good uai. so this is the idea im emphasising, its not whether a course scales good or not, there is no such a thing, just choose the your best subjects and the heighest level of it and do your best. :)

edit: if you know how the raw, hsc, and scale marks works you'll know what i am talking about. but i won't explain it here you can find it on this site. :)

Last edited:

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
@ Abdoooo

isnt all that true...i hoped raw 84+ in phys...n thats what i got...in final mark....it varies from year to year!...it cud stay the same...depending on the state!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Don't get worried about subjects and scaling just study to get the best marks possible.

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by lil_star
@ Abdoooo

isnt all that true...i hoped raw 84+ in phys...n thats what i got...in final mark....it varies from year to year!...it cud stay the same...depending on the state!
huh? i can't understand you... maybe because im thinking about hobbits again. :mad:

edit: they are just estimates my friend. they will vary from year to year depending on exam difficulty and senior markers opinion. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)