Marks and Studying (1 Viewer)

HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
is that a good thing? :confused:
yes it's a good thing :D

sorry to break this to you girl, but by the time you're in uni, UAIs are going to soar. for us 04ers, we'll be the worst hit because we're the first ones into uni under this "scheme". but yeah.. sorry to break it to you. but i'm sure anyone is capable of getting high 90s for UAI
aaargh! i'm an 05er!

oh and kimmeh i still haven't got a call or letter from hurlstone yet. but chances are i might expect the call/letter around the first/second/third week of yr 11. but now i'm not sure if i still want to go there though:confused:

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC

do what you're good at :) even if that mean topping general-stick to that
But I'm capable of doing 2U, I just don't want to because I don't enjoy it. And then my mum really wants me to do maths, because I wanted to drop it so I could do photography but she's all "no, no I'll be so dissapointed in you" So I thought if I have to do maths then I'll do general because it'll be a hell-of-a-lot easier than 2U. But then there's the low-scaling factor....
:confused:

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
oh and kimmeh i still haven't got a call or letter from hurlstone yet. but chances are i might expect the call/letter around the first/second/third week of yr 11. but now i'm not sure if i still want to go there though
hmm well if you get the call, i believe you should take that offer. its worth it ;) this would mean that you can do ext 1 maths ! :):):) just a bum about your uniform though.. those blazers for all saints are pretty hefty... :S but i think you should take the offer. it'll be worth it in the long run. i changed schools, not in yr 11, but yr 12 but i made a good choice to move up in the education system. i feel good and i know now that i'm working my hardest in a more competetive environment :)
But I'm capable of doing 2U, I just don't want to because I don't enjoy it. And then my mum really wants me to do maths, because I wanted to drop it so I could do photography but she's all "no, no I'll be so dissapointed in you" So I thought if I have to do maths then I'll do general because it'll be a hell-of-a-lot easier than 2U. But then there's the low-scaling factor....
i thought phtography was a 1 unit course you had to drop when you finish year 12 and it was one of those subs in year 11 that just made up for the 12th unit. look, you shouldnt pick subjects because they scale bad. it also depends on how many other units you have. i know one of the mods (telepathetic - the bio mod) didnt do maths at all and got a uai of 99.05 - shows you alot doesnt it? ;) do what you want to do. this is your HSC, not you're mum's.. this isnt a sign to rebel against her, but if you're not happy, then you're not going to do well. ;) gl with everything

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
do what you want to do. this is your HSC, not you're mum's.. this isnt a sign to rebel against her, but if you're not happy, then you're not going to do well. ;) gl with everything
Says the child whose parents force her off to tutors.

Rember it is yours, your the one thats going to have to pick the rest of your life and the HSC can be astarting block for getting into Uni to do the course you want etc... Why do people let their parents know what subjects they do? My dad signed the subject selection form before I filled in anything.

abdooooo!!!

Banned
i remember my parents forcing me to go to tutor... hahaha... i showed them. :D

they paid the money i truanted the tutor class...

and my parents haven't got an idea what subjects i do except for math and english. when i recieved my philosophy package they were like what is junk why are you ordering books off the net again... yeah book off the net... whatever. hahaha :p

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
but yeah my parent shave accepted me for what i am.
That just sounds really weird. I think you have more to you then your telling us ;)

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
i thought phtography was a 1 unit course you had to drop when you finish year 12 and it was one of those subs in year 11 that just made up for the 12th unit. look, you shouldnt pick subjects because they scale bad. it also depends on how many other units you have. i know one of the mods (telepathetic - the bio mod) didnt do maths at all and got a uai of 99.05 - shows you alot doesnt it? ;) do what you want to do. this is your HSC, not you're mum's.. this isnt a sign to rebel against her, but if you're not happy, then you're not going to do well. ;) gl with everything
At our school photography is offered as a 2U course which we can take for both 11 and 12, it just doesn't count towards our UAI.
The reason my mum wants me to do it is because she thinks maths is a life school that you should always do as long as you're learning. (She's not so controlling that she'd make me do it, unlike my friends' parents, I think she just thinks she knows better than me and I'm making the wrong decision in not wanting to do it at all.)
Thanks for your advice though!

stargaze

HSC
not sure if anyone else is on this thread but if there is.. could u give me an idea of whats required to get a UAI of >98 with:
3 Maths
3 English
2 Chemistry
2 Biology
2 Economics

Ednaw

HSC
haha i think it would be pritty similar to my own stargaze :p they said a raw mark of 85% or something on avg should be good....anyway if ur online remind me and ill tell u at school 2morro :D

grimreaper

HSC
Originally posted by stargaze
not sure if anyone else is on this thread but if there is.. could u give me an idea of whats required to get a UAI of >98 with:
3 Maths
3 English
2 Chemistry
2 Biology
2 Economics
Well 98 will require an average scaled mark of around 87 or higher in your hsc, but thats very possible with the subjects youve chosen (pretty similar to mine). You'll definately need to study hard tho in all those subjects.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
well maybe they feel that you're suited for 2 unit maths? your ebetter off doing well in that than doing really crap in ext 1. concerntrate on that then ;) well theoretically, they cant stop you from doing ext 1 maths. Ohh btw freakstar87, did you get a call from hurlstone yet ?
I'm from hahs :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)