Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
hey! :(

but yeah, despite the fact that like half my friends are married/engaged/have kids whatever.... i reallly can't see myself following their lead any time in the near future. kids in four years time? fuck that!

HSC
Spending the rest of my life with one person seems boring to be honest. No marriage for me (even if it was an option).

I am too selfish to have children, and they irritate my greatly. No tolerance for stupid/annoying behaviour.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Spending the rest of my life with one person seems boring to be honest. No marriage for me (even if it was an option).

I am too selfish to have children, and they irritate my greatly. No tolerance for stupid/annoying behaviour.
lulz

SP the poly-playah?

HSC
Yes.

I need to fit in. If I'm 30/unmarried/no children people at work will assume I'm gay, and that ain't good for promotion.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
get married, have kids

but not after another half a decade of being stupid and maybe slight whoring around.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
get married, have kids

but not after another half a decade of being stupid and maybe slight whoring around.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
I have never considered the possibility that I might ever get married because I could so not imagine anyone wanting to marry me, plus I've just seen so many failed marriages and marriages bubbling with passive-aggression and loathing that the idea seems totally ludicrous. Also, the financial aspect of it (security, etc) doesn't have much appeal for me, as I have always been and I think always will be the boss of my money and non-reliant upon others (excluding parents).

However, now that I am maturing a bit and becoming more aware of other reason why people marry I can't totally rule it out. I am certainly not one of those girls who dreams of a magical princess wedding one day, so even if I were to marry it would just be some minging party at the registry. (I prefer being one of the friends of the bride and getting to suggest fun things and be stupid :p - so I'm actually quite excited about the engagements and looming weddings of my close friends.)

I want children really badly. I love kids so so so much and I'm actually surprisingly good at taking care of them. HOWEVER, I do not want children from my actual womb. I want to adopt one or two Chinese girls.
The main reason why I would not want to carry a child is that I would be far too fearful of damaging it due to my own ill-health and also worried about the possibilities of it having serious physical or mental illnesses, as I know that any child of mine would be very predisposed to such things.
Also I don't want to get fat. I tried to put a pumpkin in the waistband of my stockings once and it was so heavy and I was just so horrified and depressed by how annoying it was.

But overall I don't really think about this stuff very much because I'm very independent and have always had my life goals with only myself in mind. I would be happy to be alone forever with a few close friends if that were my fate.

I really can't identify with those people (women, especially) who see their future as making a family, but I suppose that is a lot to do with my upbringing and subsequent value and belief systems. If I were to have children it wouldn't be for the reason of NEEDING to be a mother or anything self-centred; it's more so that I feel it would be a merging of two lives that could together be enriching; that I would help the child and they would, in turn, help me grow as a human being. The same if I were to get married - it wouldn't be out of a need to be married and be a wife, but if it were a coming together of two lives that felt right perhaps it would be nice. :)

Utahraptor

Banned
on the mir space station lol "u guys lol i hav no
HSC
N/A
i don't really feel the need to get married whatsoever, like i'm not religious and de facto couples receive all the same legal recognitions and benefits as married couples now. so i don't feel i need the certification of a religion i dont ascribe to in order to prove to someone that i love them.

in saying that if she feels particularly strongly for marriage, i'm not going to be a jerk and refuse.

definitely want to have kids, not for a long time though.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
i'll do both eventually. though i wouldn't have kids till late 20s at least.

before that i want to have some solid and enjoyable years of DINK (double income no kids) living, which i will remember with longing and sadness as i regret my ability to pro-create for the rest of my miserable life.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
of course i plan to get married and have babies, i don't want to be a cat lady :(

baby_femme

HSC
If I would give an advice. Preferably you should take the matrimony first, however in my own experience, i opt out for so many times since we already had a baby and we had so many conflicts, he's two years younger from me, unemployed and so on... But what matters most is that he loves our kid so much.. She's also the main reason why we still need to tie the knot, it's for her future(whether I like it or not) LOLs... But it's your choice, I don't want to mislead you or anyone by my own experience...

HSC
N/A
If I would give an advice. Preferably you should take the matrimony first, however in my own experience, i opt out for so many times since we already had a baby and we had so many conflicts, he's two years younger from me, unemployed and so on... But what matters most is that he loves our kid so much..
Mazal tov much.
She's also the main reason why we still need to tie the knot, it's for her future(whether I like it or not) LOLs... But it's your choice, I don't want to mislead you or anyone by my own experience...
Lolwut?
I don't know which bit of your post to bold, but that's striking.
Tulipa said:
Lately a number of friends and acquaintances have been getting engaged, married or having kids and it's made me curious about the whole thing, especially since a number of them are quite young.

So while it might be a bit early to be thinking about this when you're in your late teens/early twenties, do you think you'll ever want to get married or have kids in the future?

Why/why not?
Either (civil union/marriage (term depending on religiousness) and kids)/or (neither civil union/marriage nor kids), subject to a few factors, including 'Independence Day,' the earning of a medical and dental degree, registration with some state's medical board, etc.

To have one's ducks in a row is important, but some don't need to be in a row, as other things may be of greater significance.

Early twenties sounds favorable, but that's kind of being hopeful.
The desire for elopement is somewhat high; always has been.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
im an uncle obviously i will not marry or have kids.
not even considering either until i am 69 years old.
i have enough nephews and nieces running around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)