Martial Arts/Body Training (1 Viewer)

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
chinese martial arts... aren't the greatest

every time I've seen them or been to a place they always end up being more philosophy than effective training that would work in an mma match or street fight

ah well I might be slightly biased cause i come from a western mma background I guess

See, this is the bullshit perception that people have. This is the fault of "McDojos" and other places.

Chinese martial arts are awesome. Philosophy and spirituality may have a larger role in them, but it doesnt make them inferior. Each martial art is different.

forward

HSC
See, this is the bullshit perception that people have. This is the fault of "McDojos" and other places.

Chinese martial arts are awesome. Philosophy and spirituality may have a larger role in them, but it doesnt make them inferior. Each martial art is different.
It's because chinese martial arts haven't really proven themselves to be effective yet (outside of movies obviously lol).

Add to that the lack of unified exposure (in the west mostly) that creates a really 'mystic' element that a leads to a lot of people second guessing them.

sanshou is a good example of what chinese martial arts can be but no-one had mentioned it in this thread yet..

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
It's because chinese martial arts haven't really proven themselves to be effective yet (outside of movies obviously lol).

Add to that the lack of unified exposure (in the west mostly) that creates a really 'mystic' element that a leads to a lot of people second guessing them.

sanshou is a good example of what chinese martial arts can be but no-one had mentioned it in this thread yet..
Mainly because there aren't many things which can facilitate proof (apart from tournaments etc, which aren't really mainstream).

Yeah thats a good point.

I bet that maybe us two are the only ones who even know what that is. It's not that mainstream either, many asian arts can't compete for exposure in a world domianted by boxing and mma. Although there are exceptions (judo karate) in terms of exposure. But then again we all know how bastardised Karate has become.

Guesss

HSC
see, this is the bullshit perception that people have. This is the fault of "mcdojos" and other places.

exactly:uhhuh:

totally agreed.

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
bump for martial arts enthusiasts or those who are just curious.

im bored....would practice on the mook jong if the rents weren't asleep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)