• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Martin Place Hostage Situation (3 Viewers)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
7 News is reporting that one of the women that escaped was pregnant and went to the hospital for necessary checks.
Source: Channel 7 News. /u/losttheory
:(

https://twitter.com/hashtag/illridewithyou?f=realtime&src=hash

anyone uncomfortable catching public transport around the Inner West is more than welcome to a lift anywhere

Twitter
Lucy Carter
@lucethoughts
It's been a horrible day. It still is a horrible day. Thanks to whoever started #illridewithyou. We need kind acts like that now.
aw yes free lifts

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
A Current Affair @ACurrentAffair9 · 4m 4 minutes ago
"The lights have gone off in the Lindt Cafe." - @camjwilliams #SydneySiege #ACA9

Still no updates on this situation

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Cant we live in Australia without religious indifference ffs? If the perpetrator wants to promote his own extremist views, he can go back to his own country because I'll tell you, not even 0.1% of Australia's population would support the faggot.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Cant we live in Australia without religious indifference ffs? If the perpetrator wants to promote his own extremist views, he can go back to his own country because I'll tell you, not even 0.1% of Australia's population would support the faggot.
Mate could you please refrain from using the word 'faggot'

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
A Current Affair @ACurrentAffair9 · 4m 4 minutes ago
"The lights have gone off in the Lindt Cafe." - @camjwilliams #SydneySiege #ACA9

Still no updates on this situation
Shit

Lights off :((((((((((((((((

^ Fucking hell I agree

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Mike Baird says an exclusion zone will remain in place around Martin Place tomorrow.

"So if you work in this exclusion zone, I will ask you to work from home tomorrow.

"The transport network will operate largely as you would expect but just to make sure, check the Transport NSW website to get details on your journey."
by Daniel Franklin 8:24 PM

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
20:24]
NSW Police Commissioner to those in the surrounding buildings: "We are doing all we can to set you free" /u/jb2386

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't ask where I heard this from, but the perpetrator is subject to mental illnesses.

P.S. I wanna rep +10 if I could

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
1m ago
20:26
Commissioner Scipione opens his remarks thus:

Can I start by saying our plan, our only goal tonight and for as long as this takes, is to get those people that are currently caught in that building, out of there safely. That remains our number one priority and nothing will change.
I’m sure there are many questions that you might have for us and I’m not going to necessarily be in a position to give you that information because I will not be going into the tactics or strategies that we are employing – suffice to say we have large numbers of police, they are in contact and we are working to resolve this just as quickly as we possibly can.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Andrew Scipione addressing the issue of hostages contacting the media:

"If people are being contacted by hostages, particularly the media, we would ask that you put those people and ask them to ensure that the man inside speaks to police, speaks to our trained negotiators.

"They are the people that can resolve this, that can help them in this situation.

"Certainly they are available and would be looking to talk to the man that has got control of that particular building right now."
by Daniel Franklin 8:28 PM

Asked about the gunman's motives, Andrew Scipione said:

'We are not in the business of speculating, we are in the business of investigating.

"We will continue this investigation, we will get to the bottom of it and at this stage, all I can assure you, we are doing absolutely all we can and we will do even more to guarantee the safe release of these people."
by Daniel Franklin 8:28 PM

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
50s ago
20:29
The police commissioner is asked why the lights have gone off in the cafe in Martin Place. He won’t enter discussion about that.

When the time is right we can talk about that.
Q: What do you know of the condition of the hostages inside?

I understand no-one has been injured. And we are grateful.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Channel 9 @Channel9 · 2m 2 minutes ago
"We'll put as many police into this operation as we need to, because it's very important to us." - Andrew Scipione. #SydneySiege #9News
0 replies . 5 retweets 7 favourites
Reply Retweet5 Favourite7
More
Channel 9 retweeted
Nine News Australia @9NewsAUS · 6m 6 minutes ago
'We have the very best negotiators in the world working on this right now.' NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione #SydneySiege #9News

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)