• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Martin Place Hostage Situation (2 Viewers)

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Yep but it may be classified under police internal investigation so we may not find out...
Yes it may not be public information. I think we will never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
I'm sure they will verify this by comparing the type of bullet as I am sure the police + swat have different guns to the gunman.
Even if it were the same type of gun, it could still be determined which bullet came from which gun.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
m ago
08:12
Guardian Middle East correspondent, Martin Chulov, has written some analysis of the siege. It is the sum of all Australian fears over terrorism, he says:

There is another small and ill-defined number of citizens in the mix [of threats to Australia] – those who have developed grievances over the past decade and are willing to hitch themselves to a terror group’s cause to settle personal scores. The Martin Place gunman, Man Haron Monis, appears to fit this category. The self-proclaimed cleric was on bail facing dozens of charges of indecent and sexual assault, all of which he denied, and has also been accused of being an accessory to the killing of his ex-wife – run-ins with the justice system that he resented.
To many Australians, regardless of the suspect’s motivations, the siege was the sum of all fears – an event that has moved from being considered fanciful in the post-9/11 days to almost inevitable just over a decade later. More Australians per capita than almost any other nationality have travelled to join Isis and Jabhat al-Nusra, a statistic that disturbs the government and preoccupies the intelligence community.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
"Even tourists have come to pay their respect" - @chrisurquhart at #MartinPlace #SydneySiege #MartinPl #Today9

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
People are saying that the gunman didn't shoot them because it apparently was never his intention to kill them. I don't know what to think anymore. It was dark anything could've happened!

Heart goes out to all the families and hostages. They must be so terrified.

A question. Did the gunman try to escape?

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
People are saying that the gunman didn't shoot them because it apparently was never his intention to kill them. I don't know what to think anymore. It was dark anything could've happened!

Heart goes out to all the families and hostages. They must be so terrified.

A question. Did the gunman try to escape?

No media outlet or dodgy website has reported the gunman trying to escape.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Andrew Nelson @Andrew_Nelson9 · 9m 9 minutes ago
.@Simon_Bouda reports four hostages in #SydneySiege were @Westpac employees getting their morning coffee. All unharmed. @9NewsAUS

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Far too close to home.

I ate there just last week

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)