Martin Place Hostage Situation (1 Viewer)

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
Alright guys, I'm signing off. It's been a long 13 hours, though I'm sure it's felt longer for the hostages. The police have advised us to go about our normal business, so I will be heading off to bed so I can make it in to work tomorrow.
My thoughts go out to the hostages and the family. They will definitely be on my mind as I go to bed. I hope the police are able to resolve this situation quickly and peacefully.
I hope my contributions to this live feed helped keep those of you following informed. Thanks to /u/trollsting for setting up the live feed, all the other contributors for helping and the messages of support from viewers.
Please contact /u/trollsting regarding anything to do with this live feed. /u/jb2386
Thank you for keeping up with the coverage and keeping us informed. Cheers and take care buddy!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
10:50pm: Elly Chen, one of the employees who fled the Lindt Cafe at about 5pm on Monday, was a talented student and athlete, according to her social media accounts.

Friends and relatives flooded her Facebook page with messages of relief that she had made it from the building.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
11.48 What will happen next? The Telegraph's Bill Gardner has spoken to a hostage expert, who did not want to be named, who explained officers are unlikely to go in guns blazing:
Quote There’s no reason for the police to do anything, unless they get news that the hostage is immediately about to start killing people. It’s a case of waiting to see what happens.
They will stay there until it gets dark. By two or three in the morning this guy will be almost gone, both physically and mentally. That’s the time when you want to flush this sucker out.
At this point, fatigue will already be starting to set in. You have no idea what tiredness plus extreme stress will do to the human body over a number of hours.
It’s then that the balance of power starts to shift. You don’t want to go in there when he’s still completely alert. Hopefully, he will be so tired that he will give himself up without hurting anyone. That’s the ideal result.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Order by Auto update: isOn (turn off)
3m ago
22:52
Sky News in its rolling coverage is speaking now to a Sydney Muslim community leader, Jamal Rifi, who says NSW Police are fully aware of the identity of the hostage taker. Rifi says he personally is aware of the man’s identity. The gunman has not yet been named.

liamlolz

HSC
People, please remember that this is an actual real event currently occurring and a very serious one. While you should not be scared, some people may find it inappropriate to make jokes about a situation where peoples lives are at stake.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Trends · Change
#sydneysiege
#illridewithyou
#PrayForSydney
Lindt
#ExperienceGLOBE
#WWETLC
Ray Hadley
D'Angelo
Santa

Current twitter trends

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Laura Tunstall @LauraTunstall9 · 4 mins 4 minutes ago
11pm and still plenty of onlookers here at Martin Place. All eyes on the cafe door. Praying we'll see more hostages released @9NewsSyd

The #SydneySiege has entered its 14th hour – WATCH @Channel9 for LIVE updates with @Wendy_Kingston. #9News

Nine News Sydney @9NewsSyd · 12 mins 12 minutes ago
Community leader Keysar Trad, “what this man has done from a Muslim perspective is blasphemy”. #9News

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Nine News Sydney @9NewsSyd · 12 mins 12 minutes ago
Community leader Keysar Trad, “what this man has done from a Muslim perspective is blasphemy”. #9News

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
People, please remember that this is an actual real event currently occurring and a very serious one. While you should not be scared, some people may find it inappropriate to make jokes about a situation where peoples lives are at stake.
I strongly agree. Thanks for your reassurance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)