Mary's Wedding (3 Viewers)

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
i liked the dress but it was a little plain and the veil didnt suit...i agree about the people with jewels though! AGHH! overboard

Seabiscuit

HSC
The wedding was so amazing!! There was so much royalty.. (they were all dressed pretty crappy tho..) but it was funny how they all rocked up on a bus. Now THATS an entrance!
And Frederick looked sooo cute!!! Especially when he was standing there while the guests were arriving, and then when he started crying when Mary walked out. It was so sweet!
I hope they stay together though.. i'm worried she might have too much pressure put on her and end up doing a Princess DIana.. except the Danish royal family seems more normal than the British royal family.. so here's hoping.
And btw.. if anyone knows of any princes out there who need to be married... send them my way. :D

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Can you say "boring"? If the commentators had called it a "fairy tale wedding" just one more time, I would have thrown something at the tv.

chepas

HSC
Originally posted by Seabiscuit
And btw.. if anyone knows of any princes out there who need to be married... send them my way. :D
That's what I intend to do with the Crown Princess of Liechtenstein... I've always wanted to be Prince of that little principality... But I think at the moment they have a Prince... so I don't think that kind of marriage will go down well in that little conservative dominion!

Mmm... I fell asleep halfway through the service... but mum taped it and I'm watching it now. I can't believe all those guards and those horses can play the bugle or drum and still keep in a straight formationm without losing embouchure too! Bloody hell...

The choir sang "Ave verum corpus" from Mozart before the wedding - very lovely :p:) I love that piece of choral music... I think I picked up from very far away from when I fell asleep, because I don't remember any ceremony except everyone singing aobut 50000 hymns...

Did they repeat it today but with an English translation or something?

chepas

HSC
Originally posted by Lundy
Can you say "boring"? If the commentators had called it a "fairy tale wedding" just one more time, I would have thrown something at the tv.
ROFL :lol: - probably because it involved all the pomp and cirumstance...

Ziff

HSC
N/A
The SBS translator was appalling and mobile phones kept going off.

The SBS translator would never be admitted to interpret at the European Commission!

You'd think he would have had some background on Australia or a feel for what the church guy... Captain what'shisname... was saying! Tasmania is a state not a country! I can understand how inserting country when someone says state could occur but it just shows the incompetence of the translator!

chepas

HSC
Lol... you speak Danish too ziff :p? Either that or there's sort of no real equivalent of what we'd call a 'state' in Danish and they're regions or arrondissments or whatever... and the guy got muddled - either way if he's a professional interpreter.. !!! Was it a voice or subtitles?

I just got up to the kiss on the tape - I think that's the only point where I saw her really smile!

Ziff

HSC
N/A
You don't need to know the other language to know when the interpreter is crap. At the European Commission interpreters are fed background information and told to keep up on current events and whatnot in the languages they speak. They'd have been discerning enough! :p

Voice occasionally when the guy could be bothered to loosely and briefly translate lol

Last edited:

Seabiscuit

HSC
Originally posted by chepas
Lol... you speak Danish too ziff :p?

I just got up to the kiss on the tape - I think that's the only point where I saw her really smile!
Awww!! You're Danish Chepas? If you are... I like your prince. :D And your King.. ;) (no... just kidding.. thats going too far)

And yeah she really didnt smile much! I was sitting there going "smile.. come on.. smile.." especially because Fredrick kept smiling at her. *sigh* I hope she was just nervous, and not unhappy.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
she was kind of smiling, she kept on sneaking peeks at him and smiling.

he just kept on grinning away.... they're so cute!!

chepas, you never fail to amaze me. Liechtenstein..... LOL

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Im sooo shitty with those mobile phones.....!!!! But oh my god, I love Price Frederik so much, he looked so happy! And it is kinda cool to have an Australian in the oldest monarchy in Europe. Well, as to available princes on the market, I have been doing my homework and there is Prince Guillame of Belguim (lol chepas), Pince Andreas of Monaco who are pretty hot...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
Yeah, the dress was quite boring. I didn't mind the style, but there was nothing to look at!
I think that the dress was made like that because of the tradition in Denmark. I think thats what i heard.

chepas

HSC
Originally posted by Seabiscuit
Awww!! You're Danish Chepas? If you are... I like your prince. :D And your King.. ;) (no... just kidding.. thats going too far)

And yeah she really didnt smile much! I was sitting there going "smile.. come on.. smile.." especially because Fredrick kept smiling at her. *sigh* I hope she was just nervous, and not unhappy.
LOL - nah I'm not Danish - just referring to the EU Expansion thread ages ago re: Hungary/Hungarian language (but that's old now :p). I'm half German, but they're just a boring old republic. No royals (Not since Kaiser Wilhelm (I think!) at least, and he's just too old and way out of my league. Not to mention a bit dead. :D)

Yeah - they look generally happy - especially once they were all crying etc at the speeches at the dinner on the highlights! Very nice speeches too! Frederik came up with some pure gold, might use some of it at my wedding! Hehe... The Queen's speech was nice too.

Originally posted by Persephone87
Well, as to available princes on the market, I have been doing my homework and there is Prince Guillame of Belguim (lol chepas), Pince Andreas of Monaco who are pretty hot...
Ahh, the monarchical search and harvest begins... the next Australian invasion! Mary's started a good trend :pl Tell you what, the Danish monarchy seems very multicultural! That Princess from Hong Kong, the Queen Margrethe's husband is from France... the Brit's seem to draw from quite a few countries, but not from different corners of the world!

Monaco seems a nice part of the world to break into a monarchy - Mediterranean, sunny, and francophone :p

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
MMM hell yeah! I've always had my back up plan if I fail the HSC and thats it...but the Monaco prince is a bit of a playboy...but hey! I can cope with that! I'll just divorce him and get half pre-nup be damned!

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
I liked the wedding.. i was somewhat drunk while watching it last night on sbs by the way...

Anyway, despite the length of it, the lack of translation (in the 11pm one), the bad translation in both the sbs and 7 showing AND missing out on a fair bit of it in the hilights tonight on sbs... it wasn't half bad.

Tho turning up an hr and a half before the wedding must have been a bitch and then all the singing and music... i'd have hated to be there personally. Her dress was nice... that lace head thingy is Irish lace over a century old by the way. The dress wasn't flashy, or over the top... it was simple and it looked good on her i think tho it needed a necklace just to make it look complete.

They are a really cute couple, and i propose we swap monarchies... we have more in common with the danish monarchy now than the british one...

mishka

HSC
N/A
Does anyone else think that Mary LOOKS like a royal?? I think she fits in perfectly. She has a presence, and she looks very dignified, friendly and nice, but at the same time graceful and reserved. The train of her dress, the bit on the floor, was 6m long and weighed 10kg!! A wedding and a workout all in one!!
I heard they didn't even have pre-nuptials, so they must be in lurve!! If they break up without having the pre-nups, Mary will get 1/2 of everything!!

But somehow, I think it's a match made in heaven!!! ;)

MoNNiE

HSC
ehhe
yeah through alot of princess training she became a royal :p

but yer.. did anyone notice the queen's husband.. that french dude...
he kept fiddling around... it was funni!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
All the magazines this week are full of Royal Wedding stuff. Pictures galore!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)