Masters of Actuarial---> Macquarie vs UNSW (1 Viewer)

sarwangj2209

HSC
This topic might have been discussed many times but still which one is better, Macquarie or UNSW?

Below are the points I looked upon but definitely not my main selection points.
1. Exemption:- UNSW offers one extra exemption compared to Macquarie
2. Fees:- UNSW seems to be on the higher side
3. Course length:- Same

As an International student, what should I look for to select the better among the two?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
To play devils advocate, a lot of users on this forum of late have a weird UNSW bias and will make posts (bordering on spam) recommending UNSW for areas they have no idea about with no justification.

If no one posts anything with more substance, i'd strongly recommend you search this forum and elsewhere for more on UNSW vs MQ actuarial as I dont think UNSW is an undisputed choice for it. Historically MQ has been the go to university for actuarial as it was the first uni to offer a real actuarial couse in Australia - the UNSW program was developed by an MQ graduate iirc. I dont study or know much about actuarial so can't really offer any more than that.

mreditor16

HSC
To play devils advocate, a lot of users on this forum of late have a weird UNSW bias and will make posts (bordering on spam) recommending UNSW for areas they have no idea about with no justification.

If no one posts anything with more substance, i'd strongly recommend you search this forum and elsewhere for more on UNSW vs MQ actuarial as I dont think UNSW is an undisputed choice for it. Historically MQ has been the go to university for actuarial as it was the first uni to offer a real actuarial couse in Australia - the UNSW program was developed by an MQ graduate iirc. I dont study or know much about actuarial so can't really offer any more than that.
Hmm agreed, especially the bolded part. Hope that puts some individuals, in particular, about the quality of their posting.

zhiying

HSC
This topic might have been discussed many times but still which one is better, Macquarie or UNSW?

Below are the points I looked upon but definitely not my main selection points.
1. Exemption:- UNSW offers one extra exemption compared to Macquarie
2. Fees:- UNSW seems to be on the higher side
3. Course length:- Same

As an International student, what should I look for to select the better among the two?
Pick whatever is more convenient, makes no difference in the end.

michealsam

HSC
N/A
Go for UNSW . The reason is UNSW has a better international image and a UNSW masters is ranked as the top Masters programs in the world. Also go and talk to your college professor about the online option its more affordable and with universities like Pheonix providing equivalent education surely it will save you lot of bucks. you next pointer for the course lenght and credits could also be managed in online quick degrees program. i will say for for UNSW if cant go for the Macquaire program and transfer to University of Sydney which i have heard can be done in some programs.

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
Listen to Zhiying. He knows what he's talking about.
But UNSW has the better campus

zhiying

HSC
Macquarie campus is pretty decent too, they have more grassy shit and a better food court. But building-wise I'd say UNSW is better. And in GENERAL location is better, obviously if you live up north then Macquarie is better, but I don't and I'd rather go uni in the city.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)