Mathematics Extension 1 HSC thoughts (2 Viewers)

Daedalus13

HSC
The constant solutions are asymptotes, so your solution cannot be correct.

d1zzyohs

HSC
while lots of people are saying that it was D for the 'it could be 2' question; I genuinely think that the question was worded terribly. 'It could be 2' is literally a non-answer, because then, it could also be 1, and it could also be 3. So in essence, 'it could be 1' and 'it could be 2' are the same answer.
on the other hand, I think I somehow clinched a 80-90 raw while getting 4-6/10 in MC hahaha.

carrotsss

HSC
while lots of people are saying that it was D for the 'it could be 2' question; I genuinely think that the question was worded terribly. 'It could be 2' is literally a non-answer, because then, it could also be 1, and it could also be 3. So in essence, 'it could be 1' and 'it could be 2' are the same answer.
on the other hand, I think I somehow clinched a 80-90 raw while getting 4-6/10 in MC hahaha.
Damn good job!

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Same lol, 6 on mc XD

tgone

HSC
in canteen’s solutions, he has stated that the angle for 11. e) is -pi/3. would it also be true that the angle could be 2pi/3 for that?
I don't believe so, Rsinalpha > 0 in the second quadrant

tgone

HSC
I put 4pi/3 but thats the same thing basically, i think u were supposed to consider negative quadrants. tbf u coulda just done -pi/3 lol
I also don't think 4pi/3 is correct? both Rsinalpha and Rcosalpha would be negative in Q3, i think alpha has to be in Q4?

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
I also don't think 4pi/3 is correct? both Rsinalpha and Rcosalpha would be negative in Q3, i think alpha has to be in Q4?
oops i mustve meant that then i forgot my answer but i changed quadrant which is what i remember

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)