Mathematics Extension 2 Predictions (1 Viewer)

Vall

HSC
if you ever do maths at uni they will burn you alive if you use cis form. cis is very much a high school thing. i think the ib uses cis more religiously than hsc. i agree its easier to read and putting pi in exponent can lead to clutter tho but exponential form is more universally used.
exponential form >>>>>>

notme123

HSC
another wierd knack of theirs is using 'log(x)' to mean natural log, and not lnx. In a tute someone said something involving 'ell en x (lnx)' and the tutor who was a full on lecturer and doctor was like what is this ln thing. granted he was from the eastern bloc but other lecturers will use log(x) to mean base e.

Anaya R

HSC
How would you all feel about a sketch question like last year? (I know when I saw that in the HSC last year I said *free marks*)
But maybe to spice things up they do regions or smth idk

Also good luck to you all (from a former Ext 2 student who struggled with it until uni lol)
if you ever do maths at uni they will burn you alive if you use cis form.
Agreed.

tgone

HSC
Well, I'm sure we'll activate our big brains for the nesa overlords 💀. Not much prep I can do today so I'm just gonna lay back for a bit, good luck for tomorrow : )
yeah same- just going to do a few past papers and lazy revision, nothing that will drastically change marks at this point just gotta stay in the groove 😬

notme123

HSC
How would you all feel about a sketch question like last year? (I know when I saw that in the HSC last year I said *free marks*)
But maybe to spice things up they do regions or smth idk
I said *free marks* as well until I saw the solution. The only part I got right was the boundary xtanx. (I assume you're talking about 16c)

I had people tell me that was the hardest question they've ever written and I'm like nah how can the hardest question ever written be like 2 lines long.

d1zzyohs

HSC
if you ever do maths at uni they will burn you alive if you use cis form. cis is very much a high school thing. i think the ib uses cis more religiously than hsc. i agree its easier to read and putting pi in exponent can lead to clutter tho but exponential form is more universally used.

also clarifying: I mean if you use cis(pi/3), or something which is sacrilig. the eulars formula is fine, e^ix = cosx + isinx, because its like the most important formula in complex
yeah, I've heard that post-high school that exponential form is far more universal. But for clarity's sake in marking and representation, I feel that cis(theta) is better for general case questions, while exponential form can be useful visualising algebraic manipulation in complex numbers questions.

Auzendriel

HSC
i want to fucking die because of 4u. Saying goodbye to my hopes and dreams of E4 right now.

Siwel

HSC
I said *free marks* as well until I saw the solution. The only part I got right was the boundary xtanx. (I assume you're talking about 16c)

I had people tell me that was the hardest question they've ever written and I'm like nah how can the hardest question ever written be like 2 lines long.
this question when I saw it in the paper I thought damn is this really the last question and then after the exam seeing the solutions...

Run hard@thehsc

HSC

yh lol it seemed simple when I looked at it first for practice, but became quickly hard when I landed at that expression

notme123

HSC
yh lol it seemed simple when I looked at it first for practice, but became quickly hard when I landed at that expression
I think placing it at the end of the paper makes it harder as well for two reasons: 1. psychologically people will panic and find it harder because its the last question. 2. by the end of the intense 2 and a half hours to three hours of exam you will have mental fatigue

HSC
I think placing it at the end of the paper makes it harder as well for two reasons: 1. psychologically people will panic and find it harder because its the last question. 2. by the end of the intense 2 and a half hours to three hours of exam you will have mental fatigue
that, and i doubt the first thing people will think of doing when seeing a graphing question is considering each quadrant separately for the inequality

tgone

HSC
Is anyone gonna stay up late grinding since the exam is 2 pm or just stay in schedule and study in the morning
probably grinding.. I don’t remember where but I saw somewhere that cognitive performance decreases as time you’ve been awake increases (including lower hours… ie waking up closer to exam is better maybe?)

getting to see people that do adv having to wake up early is completely worth the pain of doing 4u

yanujw

HSC
My final predictions for tomorrow's exam;

1. A purely geometric proof
2. A vector question testing spheres/planes
3. They will go easy on SHM and it will be quite low marks/early in the test.
4. Last question will be some identity or inequality through complex numbers

Disclaimer: All predictions are made in good fun, of course. Prepare for everything no matter what some random guy on the internet tells you might be in the test.

Good luck to everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)