Mathematics - General thoughts on the exam (1 Viewer)

jeppo_man88

HSC
i thought the paper was a difficult 2 unit paper, compared to previous past papers. (i dont remember seeing in any past paper a limitting sum or a sine rule question within question one? maybe i have a bad memory...) for the rest of the paper, many standard questions, but in almost every question there were parts with a twist that made you think a bit more. as for question 9 it was a difficult question to put in question 9. i believe that both 9 and 10 were of the difficulty of a normal question 10 (was a bit mean putting both in the paper). well thats what i though...

N

Newberry

tiramisu25489 said:
atleast maths is over :)
Yeah....except i still have ext on wednesday and I thought this one was bad enough...it wasnt deathly hard, but hard enough to scare me into some serious cramming for ext!!!

HeathcoteMitch

HSC
As said above, 9 and 10 where hard, the rest of the paper was a good layout with relatively answerable questions, i feel for the peoplethat dont do 3 unit, dont stress, it was a hard paper

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
OK peoples im in year 11 i think i done better than uze lmao

Q10 answer minimum area was 55.9 units squared ... wen u differentiate and equate to zero u get x=2 but it doesnt fulfill the equalities that u proves in iv) so u chek the end points and u end up wiv area 57 units and 55.9 minimum is 55.9 .. X=1.61
ANythin else? by the way Q9 was so easy !!!!
Don't forget that you're an accelerated student and dont have to worry about an entire 12 units.

I was in the same position as you last year but with Chem, thus the reason ur accelerating :)

The exam was harder that past papers that I've seen.

beentherdunthat

HSC
Yeah lol i know... im doin bio next week tooo ... and 3u+4u next year :( im so happy its finished!!! i gota say though it was hard... last years Q10 was so much easier !!!

Yesterday waas my 17thb'day weehoo!
i dont understand how people thought 9 wass hard.. wat part did u think was hard?

djbettridge

HSC
I wrote a big NOT ATTEMPTED on the fron cover of 9 ^-^
Thank god for early entry haha so happy my marks dont matter
i hated that test
ill be happy with 40% if i get that
if not oh well

Wakely

HSC
I found the paper to be good up until question 8. Question 8 and 9 were challenging but doable. Q10 was REALLY hard. I could only answer the first bit. That, of course wasnt helped by the fact that I didn't manage my time properly and only had 10 minutes to do the entire question.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
Yesterday waas my 17thb'day weehoo!
i dont understand how people thought 9 wass hard.. wat part did u think was hard?
Happy Birthday for Yesterday!! :D

Part c) I fudged... lol... I had a complete mind blank for the forumla to calculate the volume of a cone :shy: :mad:

LOL..... Ahhh good times :)

passion89

HSC
The test was generally ok.

I actually liked q9 for some odd reason...but question 10 was an unbelievable bitch and 3 quarters.

This better be scaled a shitload more.

s2indie

HSC
I found it good up until Question 7 and a half-ish.

Although, I kept overthinking so questions and formulas. I hate when I do that.
And I only did the first part of each Question 9 and 10.

Marquis

HSC
Screw the cone questions, i couldn't get the fkn formula out even though i tried working backwards!!! WHYYYY!!!!

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Marquis said:
Screw the cone questions, i couldn't get the fkn formula out even though i tried working backwards!!! WHYYYY!!!!
Hahaha... Same problem I had :p

Some of my friends were so ecstatic that maths was over they were ripping up the paper as soon as they got out of the door from the exam hall :D

Others however, were crying because they still had a PD/H/PE exam to go to ... LOL

Ioup

HSC
lol. I thought the test was way harder than previous 2 unit exams.
But I suppose I am just a feeble 2 unit student...

f261120

HSC
part b for 10 was hard but did anyone realise how insanely easy 10a was? i mean simpsons rule?!?!?!!?! the paper was pretty good... of course 9 and 10 most ppl wont get full marks so they get a spread... theyset question 10 for 3u kids thinking 2u kids shouldnt be able to do it, or at least only the better oens will.
overall pretty easy paper... i started daydreaming part way thru tho :p

beentherdunthat

HSC
thanx thanx ----the x value was 4a/3 ...

u know i get the hard ones right... but the easy ones rong... how does that work?

insanerp

HSC
i didn't think it was bad, i mean there certainly were hard part, particularly question 10.
of the 3/4 that i was able to attempt i hope to get most of that right so maybe about 60-something percent.

melaniemelanie

HSC
Lockhart said:
i thoguht the paper was pretty good all the way through except question 10.

There for part 2 I prooved that the equsion wasn't equal to what they gave me. loose one mark i hope.
part 4 I did a few steps but didn't get x equal to something, father some weird fuction of x is equal to something, I'm hoping for one mark.

Part 5 i didn't really get. i got as far as recongnising it had to be a derivative, took the derivative then failed to solve the complicated question again i'll be pleased with one mark, but other than that the rest of the paper was a sinch.

There was also one Question 3 part 4 where I came out with some weird nomber for an area that I suspect I got wrong. If anyone could remeber what they got there could you tell me whether it was a round number.

Any thoughts on question 10 would be great too.

thanks
i think, this is from memory, but dont quote me on it, it was 6.5 units bad memory but, had square root 5's in it that cancelled out.

but seriously that paper was god's gift!!! if i didnt make stupid mistakes (highly unlikely) i think i could get full marks in q1-8, only thing i couldnt get out in Q9 was proving what the volume was equal too, but pretty sure i would of got 1/2 for it, and then in q10 haha max 5/10 at least 4/10, so hopefully should be pretty dandy, but q10.b) has always been pretty gnarly for the last 5 years, i.e. last years freakin probability!

just dont even want to think about extension....will be the death of me ahaha.

zedzed

HSC
man that was a bitch.

what would a mark of 95/120 get scaled to??? approximately??

Jac23

HSC
Question 10 was very hard i only answered 3/12 marks, the rest of the paper was pretty good with the only other hard question being (c) of question 9. I could not answer (c) (i) but somehow answered (c) (ii). Anyway it dont matter now because its over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)