Mathematics - General thoughts on the exam (1 Viewer)

mojo_rising

HSC
beentherdunthat said:
OK peoples im in year 11 i think i done better than uze lmao

Q10 answer minimum area was 55.9 units squared ... wen u differentiate and equate to zero u get x=2 but it doesnt fulfill the equalities that u proves in iv) so u chek the end points and u end up wiv area 57 units and 55.9 minimum is 55.9 .. X=1.61
ANythin else? by the way Q9 was so easy !!!!
Jackass...

Sonny's Pies

HSC
s2indie said:
I found it good up until Question 7 and a half-ish.

Although, I kept overthinking so questions and formulas. I hate when I do that.
And I only did the first part of each Question 9 and 10.
Same here, i just do 2unit and i thought it was hard, but easier than most other hsc past papers overall. If i had another, say an hour i would have done so much better, i got up 2 Q9 with 25min 2 go... i'm hoping my careful work from q1-8 will pay off, excpt q3a(iv), i had a huge metal blank

beentherdunthat

HSC
Did anybody DO know how to Q9 and 10 ... i want to compare answrss .....

can sumone give me the answr to question 4c) .... far out man ... i hate questions like that ... why cant it be lollies or jellies or sumthin... a chessboard ! far out .. how do u know if the person is holdin their finger on it or not ... THIS SUX !

selig

HSC
if u sub x=1.61 into y u get y=14.69.....>13 which isn't allowed. imao, you're wrong

beentherdunthat

HSC
Did anybody DO know how to Q9 and 10 ... i want to compare answrss .....

can sumone give me the answr to question 4c) .... far out man ... i hate questions like that ... why cant it be lollies or jellies or sumthin... a chessboard ! far out .. how do u know if the person is holdin their finger on it or not ... THIS SUX ! and jac23 me too .. i done cii) before ci) i still dont know how to do ci) but i managed to do it (dont ask how that worked) did u write v= 1/3 pi r squared h ... they give u marks for that

beentherdunthat

HSC
so whats ur answer ... im so confused .. me n my friend got relatively the same minimum area i got 55.9 and she got 55.4 ... im sure its right ... i dunoooo ... o shitttt man far out!!! u know wen u gget ur A'- X=2.. then ur area is 55.4 im so dummmmm ... omigod i dunooooooooo .. man stop stressin me out .. wait im guna do it again ..

HaViLy

HSC
i hated it. but it's all over now. i may hated it pureply because i dislike maths.

ellejay145

HSC
I had no idea what the hell Q10 was on about. I wrote a few pages for it, but i didnt even answer the question lol. And what was up with the question that asked for the focus of that 12y=x^2 - 6x + 3 or whatever the number was .. how the heck do u get a focus when u cant make it (x-h)^2=4a(y-k) ... dude! it sucked.

beentherdunthat

HSC
omigoddddddddd im cryinnnnnnn u know i calculated it wrong .. the first X-1.342 the second X=3.7 im guan cry not 1.61!!!!

melaniemelanie

HSC
zedzed said:
man that was a bitch.

what would a mark of 95/120 get scaled to??? approximately??
cut offs change roughly each year with how hard BOS sees the test and how everyone did. each year 85+ (102/120) will pretty much set you up for a nice band 6. so if you get 95ish youll be looking at a easy 83/84+ id say, this is going off past people i know and what my tutor did with post morteming there paper and then seeing pretty much how they went raw score to there eventual scaled result :p so its just rough guides but dont quote me on it :)

Emly

E.T
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
omigoddddddddd im cryinnnnnnn u know i calculated it wrong .. the first X-1.342 the second X=3.7 im guan cry not 1.61!!!!

im sure you'll live...
maybe you should do accelerated english too, so that you learn how to spell...:)

i didnt think it was too bad, i did barely any study for it so i was happy about being able to do the questions. started getting a bit more difficult from about 8 onwards... i had no idea with Q10, although i managed to answer one of the sections of the paper one, so im hoping ill be able to get a few marks there

ane_st

HSC
We never have to deal with maths again.... Unless you are an ext math student who i want to point and laugh at.....

That paper was gay...

NO MORE MATHS!!! *dance*

DDRjunkie

HSC
does anyone know where i'd be able to find the answers to the exam...wanna deal with the disappointment now

DDRjunkie

HSC
does anyone know where i'd be able to find the answers to the exam...wanna deal with the disappointment now

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
ellejay145 said:
I had no idea what the hell Q10 was on about. I wrote a few pages for it, but i didnt even answer the question lol. And what was up with the question that asked for the focus of that 12y=x^2 - 6x + 3 or whatever the number was .. how the heck do u get a focus when u cant make it (x-h)^2=4a(y-k) ... dude! it sucked.
You had to complete the square for the x side then add +9 to the y side so you end up with something like (x-3)^2 = 12y-12 if I remember correctly.

9 b) iii) I got 800L overflow. Anyone else?
9 c) ii) x=4a/3

Question 10 was a biatch =D

beentherdunthat

HSC
im sory ur mathematical section of ur brain isn't workin... and huny i am doin accelerated english so lay yourself low in jealousy .. and bi the way get ur facts straight coz im not lookin at an extensin english paper and i dont have to take the time out to spell corectly..

NeoKyo

gstains ghetto! represent
HSC
haha i prolly got buttraped by the accelerated students too

question 10 1 markers were all good, i swear
if i didint panic within the last half n hour i would of got the rest lol =\
nice 10 minof scribbiling occurred resulting in inccorrect answers from the start due to wrong values.....anyway

for 9
c
i
looking at the cone, generic formula is 1/3 pi r^2.
in this instance , height of the cone ix h, we just need to eliminate r^2 as the variable to get x
looking at that nifty triangle,
you have sides

(x-a), r and hypnotenuse a
so, r^2 = a^2 - (x-a)^2,
when you get that pop that baby back into the generic formula

ii) differentiating it you should get something
then its like 4pi/3 on a or wahever, someone else posted an answer before; you need to have exact values to do the proving part easy.

prove its max by subbing into second derivative
which must always be negative, because side a is never negative

and on another note yep i got 800 L for that bit of question 9
surprisingly i thought q9 was pretty sweet but q10 lol, panicked on the rhombus question then panicked with 10
so retarted.

Last edited:

Moe31

HSC
Today is my 18th Birthday.. and this is by far the WORST present Ever!!!!
Question 10 was fucked, I'm in 3unit and i got 96 for my trails.. but this question 10 is like the hardest one they've ever brought, out of all the papers i did. So i propably did worst in the HSC than in the trails.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)