Mathematics Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Saturday

HSC
This is how I did it (attached). It was definitely tricky but I stared at it during reading time and it somehow clicked
Nice, that's also good. Avoids having to use parallel lines (like I did in my solution) which are a bit tricky to give a reason for.

anerd

HSC
I think these are the answers to the MCQ. I thought they were kind of tricky for a 2U paper. Sorry, no working:
  1. B
  2. D
  3. B
  4. C
  5. A
  6. C
  7. D
  8. C
  9. A
  10. B
is the answer to 10. B? because that's suggesting that it's stationary BETWEEN those points instead of at them. Isn't it C?

StudyOnly

HSC
I think these are the answers to the MCQ. I thought they were kind of tricky for a 2U paper. Sorry, no working:
  1. B
  2. D
  3. B
  4. C
  5. A
  6. C
  7. D
  8. C
  9. A
  10. B
Isn't 10. C because you go from positive gradient ot negative
is the answer to 10. B? because that's suggesting that it's stationary BETWEEN those points instead of at them. Isn't it C?
Ye I agree

justtrynapass

HSC
Did anyone else use sine rule for 14c? I haven't seen anyone who said they did - it gave the right answer though.

BMWM2

HSC
found the paper enjoyable - did all questions but the h=pq one in q15 - was pretty fair and would say it was a bit harder than 2018 - hopefully aiming for 88-92

Husky

HSC
So what does everyone think band 6 cut off will be?

StudyOnly

HSC
Does everyone think it was harder than previous years or easier?
I can't really tell, some part were harder than previous years and other were easier.

sniggledot1

HSC
in comparison to 2018 where b6 cutoff was 80, i believe ours will be around that 78-83 mark

TeheeCat

HSC
Does everyone think it was harder than previous years or easier?
I can't really tell, some part were harder than previous years and other were easier.
Not the hardest paper of decade, 2013 still holds that title for me. I think its harder than 2018, though I do agree there's some parts easier/harder... Q16c of this year was pretty straightforward for me.

Makeanote

HSC
N/A
Hi there group - here are my solutions for the exam - regarding Q16a(ii) (@ Saturday), I agree with the value, but as for being able to withdraw the FULL $80 000 as the question asks, I state 24 years. Also, the perimeter of the shaded area on the sector is incorrect in some working because of calculating in the wrong mode. A sector of 70 degrees (larger than an equilateral triangle) must have an opposite side longer than 20 cm (as given as the radius), so straight side AB is longer than 20 cm to begin with. Arc length AB must be longer still. But still, if there are any careless mistakes here, just let me know. It would have been a hot, difficult day for some students to concentrate for this one.
Ian

Attachments

Husky

HSC
Hi there group - here are my solutions for the exam - regarding Q16a(ii) (@ Saturday), I agree with the value, but as for being able to withdraw the FULL $80 000 as the question asks, I state 24 years. Also, the perimeter of the shaded area on the sector is incorrect in some working because of calculating in the wrong mode. A sector of 70 degrees (larger than an equilateral triangle) must have an opposite side longer than 20 cm (as given as the radius), so straight side AB is longer than 20 cm to begin with. Arc length AB must be longer still. But still, if there are any careless mistakes here, just let me know. It would have been a hot, difficult day for some students to concentrate for this one.
Ian
Thanks for the solutions and yeah our supervisors only turned on the ac half way through the exam but by then it was too late since we were all sweating in our seats lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)