• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

maths 2 and 3 U (1 Viewer)

tha_fairy

hey guys!
how's year 11 going?
are any of you struggling with 2 unit or 3 unit maths? well, i have the answer for u - i'm advertising for my brother, who wants to tutor you!
he finished the hsc in 2002, and recieved a UAI of 99.4. he's now currently in 2nd year, doing a combined degree of actuarial studies/applied finance, where he recieved a distinction average for his uni results last year.

prices are negotiable, and would be cheaper if you bring a friend.
thanks!

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
3u maths is getting hard for me! but im not strugglin like heaps or anything. so anyways where is ur bro. located?

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Mathematics Extension 1 is not difficult, but a little confusing...
oh well holidays approaching, spend time devoted to understanding what we have learnt all term

tha_fairy

he's located in the hurstville region, but because he goes to macquarie uni as well, he can access ryde area too.

i would reccomend him as a tutor, because i did the hsc last year, and he helped me with 3u alot, coz i was pretty bad at it. however, i ended up doing pretty well in it, because i got band E4 for 3unit!!

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by hyperbole
Mathematics Extension 1 is not difficult, but a little confusing...
oh well holidays approaching, spend time devoted to understanding what we have learnt all term
cept i have a test last day of this term! it isnt assesable itz a practise one though for the 1st day back when our assesable one is on

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Originally posted by *girl04*
cept i have a test last day of this term! it isnt assesable itz a practise one though for the 1st day back when our assesable one is on
good luck! :)
our half yearlies are early next term...

GaryYang88

HSC
N/A
my skool has done GP's and Inverse Functions. they should really start that in ur 12

HSC
i have my half yearlys on week 6 next term. my 2u maths class is really behind scheldule cos nearly everyone bludges. i do 3u maths in tutoring only but it's really hard anyway especially at the hard functions. 3u maths did helped me for doing the harder 2u applications in prep for the harder maths questions in the 'dum dum dum' (aka hsc exams)

Ath

HSC
N/A
m8, weve done inverse functions, GPs, APs, Induction, and are workin on hard absolute value work

its only wk 9

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
we have done trig. and i forget what they r called! wait hmm domain and range functions and realtions! that functions n realtuions

Estel

Tutor
HSC
I'd be in the same boat but my school hasn't even gone very far in functions.

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
i got my mark back for my 3u maths test. i FAILED. 14.5/45 - need help . i can handle the 2u work i guess but 3u i FAILED. FAILED FAILED FAILED !

tha_fairy

Originally posted by belly_moo
i got my mark back for my 3u maths test. i FAILED. 14.5/45 - need help . i can handle the 2u work i guess but 3u i FAILED. FAILED FAILED FAILED !
well - if u want a private tutor, give me a buzz! i was failing 3 unit too, but i ended up getting E4 in 3u for my hsc, because of my brother. nut yeah, just refer to the very 1st msg for more info!

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
Originally posted by tha_fairy
well - if u want a private tutor, give me a buzz! i was failing 3 unit too, but i ended up getting E4 in 3u for my hsc, because of my brother. nut yeah, just refer to the very 1st msg for more info!
your brother sounds like he's a really good tutor ! 99.4. wOah . ahha . what are his rates per hour ?

most of my friends failed the test today too >=P hah some of em go to "pre uni" in strathfield or something but yeah the topics they do there are different to the topics we do at school. bleh . let me know more about the tutoring ?! thanks

Last edited:

Kulazzi

HSC
Originally posted by belly_moo
some of em go to "pre uni" in strathfield or something but yeah the topics they do there are different to the topics we do at school. bleh . let me know more about the tutoring ?! thanks
I went there for like half a year and found it very useless

I reckon it was a rip-off, and they've still been contacting me since I left in yr 6 (5 years now) I just got a mail from them today about year 11 courses and giving a 10% discount if you enrol in 2 or more courses AND you introduce a new family who have kids that have not been previously attending pre-uni AND THEY ARE enrolled in 2 or more courses :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
lol @ pre uni can i have more info send me in pm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)