Maths derp moments (2 Viewers)

Web Addict

HSC
Hopefully, these derp moments don't happen in our upcoming HSC exams.

Makematics

HSC
Worst derp moments of HSC.
1. 3u inequalities question. I draw the graph, and write down my final answer as the exact opposite of what i had on the graph.
2. (pi/4)^2=pi/4 (dont even ask)
3. Polynomials question, i do 2 pages of working and get to the final line, multiply everything by 2 to get a monic equation and f*ck it up.
4. Didnt read the Q properly for an integration Q, ended up doing heaps of painfully long working.
5. Polynomials, working got too messy and i didnt see the negative seen so 3(-1) became 3 on the next line... Cost me 2 marks

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Sometimes I do maths. Biggest derp moments

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
Many times in year 8 and 9, I've always got the very first question wrong (like a simple factorisation or expanding question)

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
11^2 = 144 in my MX2 trial. Would have got 90 without that mistake which rubs salt into the wound :(
I know a friend who wrote 8^2 = 16, and he also drew a horizontal asymptote as a vertical asymptote, true genius style

Makematics

HSC
You can remove sillies from ur exams guise, its just a matter of practice!

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
You can remove sillies from ur exams guise, its just a matter of practice!
Unfortunately there have been multiple occasions where I'd do the exam twice since I'd finish early

And I'd make the same silly mistake twice =)

RayRay

HSC
Biggest derp moment. Sy and other people who did CSSA trial.

You know the circle geometry. They were 2 circles overlapping each other with cylic quads within them. one of the questions were to prove another set of points were cyclic. so I got lazy and didn't draw the diagram, so I worked off the booklet. so I drew a circle around the points to help me visualise, coz there were lines everywhere. I drew it the first time, but I had one of the wrong points, tried a second time and not using a rule, u can now imagine the shit on the diagram. and at that point I couldn't even do the question cause I didn't know what the original diagram was.

Makematics

HSC
Biggest derp moment. Sy and other people who did CSSA trial.

You know the circle geometry. They were 2 circles overlapping each other with cylic quads within them. one of the questions were to prove another set of points were cyclic. so I got lazy and didn't draw the diagram, so I worked off the booklet. so I drew a circle around the points to help me visualise, coz there were lines everywhere. I drew it the first time, but I had one of the wrong points, tried a second time and not using a rule, u can now imagine the shit on the diagram. and at that point I couldn't even do the question cause I didn't know what the original diagram was.
I always do circle geo diagrams with a compass, but i know that crowded feel... One time i had like every possible line construction with like 10 points (you can do the maths on how many lines)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)