Maths Ext 1 - General thoughts on the exam (1 Viewer)

Kahlalala

HSC
Well that was easily the worst exam ever!! OK I partly retract that statement, some of it was pretty straightforward (haha I LOVED 1 (i), cos it was on the integrals sheet!:)), but those last few parts were nearly impossible!! There goes my image as an intelligent young woman :p lol

casvana.victor

HSC
i was cruising through the 1st 3 questions thinking wow this is good :)
then q 4-5 were ok and q6 was a bsolutely discraceful i had no idea. i thought q7 was easier than q6 but was still really hard.
then i just realised that i completely missed the probability in q6! i didnt even c it :( damn! oh well. i think i did pretty well minus pretty much all of q6 and most of q7. time always gets me too. the end was really rushed. if i had more time i probly would have seen the probability
oh well
no more maths!!!!
it was soooo much easier than ext 2 which i failed lol

HSC
I answered enough to pass...the most I can get is a raw 57% (i gave up toward the end so i decided to count how many marks I lost)...hoping for massive massive scaling, hopefully to 70 to keep up with my school mark...

poopoohead

HSC
i was raped...hard by extension maths- seriously im bleeding!

what the hell was the go with the induction? couldnt even prove the first step

way harder than the past papers

way harder than the trial

kill me

switchfootfan

HSC
casvana.victor said:
i was cruising through the 1st 3 questions thinking wow this is good :)
then q 4-5 were ok and q6 was a bsolutely discraceful i had no idea. i thought q7 was easier than q6 but was still really hard.
then i just realised that i completely missed the probability in q6! i didnt even c it :( damn! oh well. i think i did pretty well minus pretty much all of q6 and most of q7. time always gets me too. the end was really rushed. if i had more time i probly would have seen the probability
oh well
no more maths!!!!
it was soooo much easier than ext 2 which i failed lol
i disagree, that was just as hard as in ext 2, especially cause i always run out of time aand this was loooong. i think i answered about 70% of that test being gererous but my mark would be lucky to be over 60%. skipped the induction question and only did about 1 or 2 marks from q6 an about 4 or 5 marks from 7. i think this was harder than any of the past papers ive done so yeah.

HSC
Seriously, I found Questions 6 and 7 really easy, and the Induction was easy as well.

However, I couldn't get question 1(e) or 5(c) at all, I really had no idea how to do them.

Overall, I reckon I got about 82%

ggarfag

HSC
tommymac123 said:
i thought it was impossible
even qu 1 e stumped me haha

Don't worry .. a lot of people walked out not having finished question 1 because it was too difficult (well just the last part)

Overall i felt it was a lot harder than previous years. Some questions were straight forward and i thought question 7 was among the 'easier' questions.

2 years ago my friend's brother got between 50% and 60% and it was scaled up to 98% .. our exam was much harder, so hopefully scaling will work in our favour. :)

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
how did u get the induction but not 1e
i found it a bit tricky, the last part of the parametri was tricky, the projectile was like nothing ive ever seen
however, Q7 was alright and the circle geo was a breeze
all in all, a fair exam

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
ggarfag said:
2 years ago my friend's brother got between 50% and 60% and it was scaled up to 98% .. our exam was much harder, so hopefully scaling will work in our favour. :)
are you sure?

P

pLuvia

It was alright, but didn't do the easiest questions, and didn't do the projectile questions which I should have done the second part of it, because you just needed to use the previous result :(

Q7 was easier than Q6 I reckoned

Expecting 85-89% raw, hoping for 90%+ raw :(

campersdemise

HSC
Some people dont think they passed? OMG N0000000BBBBBS.lmao easiest paper ever? I thought the CSSA maths 3u was easy but this was a walk in the park!!band 6 ftw. Had you people done 12 hours a day preparation like i did, then maybe you n00blets would of stood a chance. Now you people have failed your future, and possibly your life. How do you people live with yourself?I hope you are happy with yourself and the people you let down.

Sgs2006

HSC
N/A
ggarfag said:
Don't worry .. a lot of people walked out not having finished question 1 because it was too difficult (well just the last part)

Overall i felt it was a lot harder than previous years. Some questions were straight forward and i thought question 7 was among the 'easier' questions.

Lol the day 50% - 60% scaled to 98 will when the average is like 20%

to get 98% scaled in this youd probly need 77+

roosterssuck

HSC
that test was a bitch compared to the past papers, the timing is fucked

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
I was walking into the exam hall, thinking, here we go Math again, I am just going to do what I can providing my lack of preparation. Well, I was quite surprise that I was cruising up to induction question (5d). Of course miss few questions like 1e, but overall it is relatively easy if you know your stuff. (what the heck with 2 marks binomial questions, it's a free gift)

Sgs2006

HSC
N/A
campersdemise said:
Some people dont think they passed? OMG N0000000BBBBBS.lmao easiest paper ever? I thought the CSSA maths 3u was easy but this was a walk in the park!!band 6 ftw. Had you people done 12 hours a day preparation like i did, then maybe you n00blets would of stood a chance. Now you people have failed your future, and possibly your life. How do you people live with yourself?I hope you are happy with yourself and the people you let down.
you suck

jon0_o

HSC
i thought it was fairly hard, definitely compared to previous yrs .. but a good test, I quite liked it .. altho I droppd marks all the way through .. there were questions early on which I couldn't do .. but I got most of q 6 n 7, I could do them but made a few careless errors along the way so I'll drop a few from those .. but q1e i had no idea how to do .. n that parabola didn't read that q=-p and q6 i didn't see one part of the projectile .... but i thought the projectile was easier that other years because it was just hard algebra .. but not really as much thinking once you had pt i cos usually I couldn't get the hard projectiles in other yrs

jared_88

HSC
campersdemise said:
Wow thanks for rubbing the salt in my fresh wounds for me... Then again if uv bin doing like 12 hrs a day u probably deserve to ace it.

That was one FARKED up exam! I only attempted 61/84 marks (73%), and wasn't very confident with alot of the stuff I did do.

arkanisw

HSC
objectively speaking, it was a very hard test compared to other years.. esp

the end of projectile
end of probability
induction
and particularly
differentiation for 7

but i finished it with 30 mins to spare, looking for 84/84

but really, it was hard

Chrispy

vote for dtp = <3
HSC
It was pretty hard. A lot of guys in my 4U class were heartbroken. That projectile motion question felt like 4U mechanics!

Hoping: 91%

Likely: ~85%

**lana**

HSC
that exam was v.hard... 7 questions in 2 hours is a joke....so ran out of time.. q6 and q7 were a tad to difficult for my liking and there were way too many prove and shows in there... hated it...oh well i can forget everything i ever learnt in maths now and hope they scale this exam up to the max

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)