Maths extension independent paper hard? (1 Viewer)

mike12345678

HSC
did anyone else do the maths extension inderpendent paper?

my exam was so crazy?

thoughts on your exam and how hard yours are

maths lover

HSC
i might have done the independent exam. but my teacher changes most of the easy questions with crazier questions. i thought it was alright. tell me some questions to see if i done it.

anchor72

HSC
I might have, too. It wasn't too hard, pretty reasonable for an ext. 1 paper. There were some hard trig questions, the rest was pretty good

maths lover

HSC
tbh trg is pretty easy
the only hard question was some show question, idk if u had that.

mike12345678

HSC
yh I think my school changed up some of the trig
then i think we might have done a way different paper to you guys. we only had one trig question and it was so simple.

the circle geo and some of the parametrics was hard

ps i dont think it was the independent paper, i think it mite be the catholic one soz

asianhairboy

HSC
then i think we might have done a way different paper to you guys. we only had one trig question and it was so simple.

the circle geo and some of the parametrics was hard

ps i dont think it was the independent paper, i think it mite be the catholic one soz
not sure if i had the independent one or the catholic one cause i go to a catholic school but they tend to use the independent one.

what were some of the questions, i find its easier to remember the harder ones :p LOL

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
not sure if i had the independent one or the catholic one cause i go to a catholic school but they tend to use the independent one.

what were some of the questions, i find its easier to remember the harder ones :p LOL
I think it's of rarity now days for Preliminary students to receive CSSA papers from their school. However many school's do use Independent papers. Here's a good way to tell.

big_bang344

HSC
I think it's of rarity now days for Preliminary students to receive CSSA papers from their school. However many school's do use Independent papers. Here's a good way to tell.

Huh? I just had my science yearly today and it is in the same format as the one in your picture. The independent paper. Are there such independent papers for year 10 then?

jason2kool

HSC
i did it today; did you guys have like almost 12 marks just for parametrics.. like WTF??
the 1 topic that i hate, had to be in it....

and did you guys have some question about the angle of inclination, i didnt realise it was asking for the angle between the curve. FUCK

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Was there any probability and permutations and combinations? I don't think our school does Independent.

jason2kool

HSC
my class hasnt done probability; however perms and combs their was around 8 marks..
1 question was about how many different ways you can get from a to b if you can only go North and East.
and another one was about the number of vowels or someshit in the word HEXAGON.

mike12345678

HSC
my class hasnt done probability; however perms and combs their was around 8 marks..
1 question was about how many different ways you can get from a to b if you can only go North and East.
and another one was about the number of vowels or someshit in the word HEXAGON.
yea i had the same one as you

wasnt it hard how bout the last circle geo question

maths lover

HSC
ok that means i did the same paper as you. i didn't get the how many ways question. tbh circle geo was definately the hardest in my opinion. i lost 7 out of the 10 circle geometry questions in the test. also did you guys have the proove question using the factorial crap right at the end, cause that was also hard.

asianhairboy

HSC
i think i did the same one as you guys. but which factorial crap question are you talking about? do you remember it? cause i had some trouble with some factorial ones :/ then went home and realised how to work it out..did you work out the solution?

maths lover

HSC
the second last question. it was a show question which involved factorials. polynomials was the last question, it was also a show question, i got part A but not B.

jason2kool

HSC
yea that proof permutation question was hard.. went something like prove n(n-1)(n-2)....= .....cant remember ..
and also one of the trig proofs was hard.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Did we do the same paper? I thought it was easy today...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)