may you help me in this problem???? (1 Viewer)

bernard888

HSC
According to my chemistry teacher ...Antoine Lavoiser is a scientist in modern times...and i havent know him yet...i want to know his biography...or maybe his life....wat did he brings to our modern science???wat did he invent for us???by the way wat is his nationality???for those who know..even little bit is ok...plsss I want to learn this one...because this is our report...plss...help....thanks for those who will help...and i will never forget you if you help...because this is very important...plzz post...any of Antoine Lavoiser relatoin in science...plzzz..bored of studies...plsss...help me...im only a 3rd yr. student...and that is our first major lesson...would you help me in this ...i have research...but the languge taht they using is not the languge that ived use...so plsss...i want you to know that this is imporatant.....

bernard888

HSC
write some explanation(reply) bored of studies...plssss....:)....thanks again...but theres limited time.......plsss...sorry for this problem...i have to submit this on sat.-sun....so plsss...I am asking for your kind and consideration...bernard....3rd yr.....okay thanks!!!!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Have you tried wikipedia? Googled it?

And what do you mean that you're a 3rd year student? :confused:

Wikipedia said:
Antoine-Laurent de Lavoisier (August 26, 1743 – May 8, 1794) the "father of modern chemistry," was a French nobleman prominent in the histories of chemistry, finance, biology, and economics. He stated the first version of the law of conservation of mass, co-discovered, recognized and named oxygen (1778), as well as hydrogen, disproved the phlogiston theory, introduced the metric system, wrote the first extensive list of elements, and helped to reform chemical nomenclature. He was also an investor and administrator of the "Ferme Générale," a private tax collection company; chairman of the board of the Discount Bank (later the Banque de France); and a powerful member of a number of other aristocratic administrative councils. Because of his prominence in the pre-revolutionary government in France, he was beheaded at the height of the French Revolution.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoine_Lavoisier

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
what ive got for this dude.... French Chemist... Performed experiments to show that the atmosphere contained oxygen.... reasoned that acids consist of 2 substances one of which is oxygen..... All acids contain oxygen (NOTE: he performed experiments on CH3COOH and other oxygen based Acids .... dats y he got dose results)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)