Mazda Mx6 What do you think? (1 Viewer)

7th Sign

HSC
SlipStream said:
They're my preferences if I had $8k to play with, although I'd buy a Brumby and drop the EJ20 in on my own for that much, and have a weapon of car. A sleeper, too.

no thanks i want a car that looks alright i dont want some car thats form the mid 80s and will cause problems for sure...

7th Sign

HSC
waddle_828 said:
i'm probably being ignorant here,

but were the mx-6s the predecessor to the eunos?

no the 2G MX6 (93-97) which i want is the predecessor 1G MX6 (88-92)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
SlipStream said:
Get an R31 Series 3 Nissan Skyline Silhouette GTS, higher tuned RB30E (toughest)

Or, an AE86 Toyota Sprinter/Levin, with the 100kW 4AGE 1.6L (most cred)

Or, an 89 Subaru Brumby and drop an EJ20T from a WRX into it (fastest)

Or, an E30 BMW 323i coupe, with a tickled 2.3L I6 EFI to sound delicious (coolest)

Or, an AX Ford Telstar Ghia 5-speed 2.5L V6 (non AWS)

They're my preferences if I had $8k to play with, although I'd buy a Brumby and drop the EJ20 in on my own for that much, and have a weapon of car. A sleeper, too.
or a mini with full 'cage, rear mounted hayabusa engine from Z-cars, and trick suspension :uhhuh:

SlipStream

HSC
Ayyy and that. :)

The only good things to come out of the eighties were the cars.

7th Sign, people who buy newer Japanese cars to do up end up with

Older cars exhibit tones of nostalgia, there are too many new cars around to match that.

Germany is valued for other things than it's sausages and beer: E30 325i

Nissan Sky-rine Sirrowet! R31 Silhouette GTS2

EJ20T 11-second 89 Brumby

Hachi Roku AE86 Sprinter 4AGZE

Mmmmmm mmmmmm mmmmmmm!

7th Sign

HSC
ahh slip stream i am not into ricing up my car all i would want on it is some heavy tint , lowered around 2-3 inches, and get some respectable 17 light weight rims on their....i am not into slapping massive vynals on ride and putting 20 inch vaulk rims on them....

7th Sign

HSC

I will probly be looking at that one this weekend

next weend more probly

7th Sign

HSC
sif i want something that will look shit and probly not fit under the p plater restrictions

SlipStream

HSC
Did you get rorted under the 7/11 restrictions?

Ha ha!

Boys I think we should leave 7th Sign alone - there's no room for a conformist in the exclusive club of the genuine enthusiast, who value older cars for their nostaglic merit rather than seeing them as artefacts from a forgotten past. Granted, mate, each to their own - however there's nothing quite like a fully restored older car in my humble opinion, especially with a bit of shine and a bit of squit. ;)

7th Sign

HSC
man i still have love for the old cars.....I just would rather a reliable car as a daily driver.......

come on people my dad owns 2 totally restorated 1932/1933 hotrods.
and is importing a mustang from the usa soon...so I am driving these some times...its just alot of hassel with the new laws and the reliability of the cars and the high costs for parts....

SlipStream

HSC
Mate there's 'old' and then there's 'classic'.

Your dad's hotrods fall under the title of 'classic', as does the 'stang.

The AE86 Levins, E30 Bimmers, EA81 Subies, etc are 'old'. I guess the transition between 'old' and 'classic' is from about 1980 onwards, where said cars sit between classic and new styles. i.e. XY Falcon, classis -> XD Falcon, old -> BA Falcon, new. (The Brumby is more classic than old, though - just that Subaru extended the old looks of the Brumby because of the lucrative concept it was based upon.)

7th Sign

HSC
slip stream their is not determination between old and classic cars people have been having this argument for ages.....

SlipStream

HSC
7th Sign said:
slip stream their is not determination between old and classic cars people have been having this argument for ages.....
Huh? No they haven't. There is such a distinguishment in eras of cars.

Classic style. Old style. New style. Respectively, Ford Oz' evolution:

BMW's classic-old-new evolution:

The Skyline's evolution:

You get the idea...

SlipStream

HSC
Argonaut said:
Classic cars are those that have had some major impact on the motoring world - stuff like E-Type Jags. Old cars are just that - old. They haven't had the impact the others have had - would you call a Citroen 2CV a classic?
Actually, the 2CV pioneered much of the French car industry as we know it. Initially it wasn't as sensational as intended, but the 2CV has since become a classic. There are many fan sites out there, clubs etc that feature the 2CV in race format, rally format, original format, etc. Something like 5 million 2CVs were built up until it was discontinued in the late eighties, to the dissapointment of many. So yes, I would call the Citroen 2CV a classic, not for its nostalgic value but its value as a pioneer - in the same category as the Beetle, the Model T Ford, FJ Holden, etc.

And if you haven't noticed, my constant use of the word "classic" has been in the context you are referring to: definately, the E20 BMW, Datsun Skyline GT-R 2.0L PGC-10, and XY Falcon GT are classics. I use "classic", "old" and "new" as basic names for the eras I'm talking about - use of the words' connotations, not their denotations.

Like you said, old cars are just old. But they are valued for different reasons - not their contribution to the evolution of the automotive industry (if any, really). For example, the AE86 Sprinter really pioneered nothing, it was Keiicha Tsuchiya that exposed its strengths as a drift car. And that's what it is valued for, as an old car - not a classic.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
I think go for the MX6 if it's what you want. I really like the look of it, wouldn't mind having one myself

7th Sign

HSC
DaddyK said:
Your a dickhead 7th

wtf man?

I am just making my point you can not determine if a car is a classic or not throguht their year model, people are always having this fight....their was amassive fight a while back about what is a "hotrod" all different types of cars concidered their car to be "hotrods" get what i am saying....

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
7th Sign said:
wtf man?

I am just making my point you can not determine if a car is a classic or not throguht their year model, people are always having this fight....their was amassive fight a while back about what is a "hotrod" all different types of cars concidered their car to be "hotrods" get what i am saying....

ummm...no, i dont get it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)