MedEntry UMAT Trial Exam 2009 - Indicator of UMAT score? (1 Viewer)

chingyloke

Ex-Prince of Manchester.
HSC
Finshed MedEntry yesterday. I thought it was a great course, boyapati was great. I'd recommend it to anyone.

I ended up with

S1 29/44
S2 28/36
S3 12/30

Yeah, S3 killed me. But just practice away for the next 8 weeks i guess.

H

hanhee

Medentry percentiles for the online practice exams are so disheartening. I swear after doing each exam, I feel like cutting myself (No, I'm not emo) and the percentiles fluctuate so irregularly that it creates false anticipations. *SIGH*. And does anyone actually improve (marks wise). Cos' I'm stagnant and I feel as though I've wasted $295 on the course

Resident

HSC
Finished medentry this afternoon with:

S1 - 36/44
S2 - 30/36
S3 - 14/30

Apparently 100 percentile for sections one and two, with three being around average. I think its all pretty dubious personally, but I guess some indication is better then none.

Hanhee - remember that the percentile fluctuates as more people complete the practice exams so take everything with a grain of salt.

almar

HSC
N/A
i screwed up big time. My scores are as follows:
S1 - 25/44
S2 - 24/36
S3 - 24/30 <it was so easy!

where abouts does that put me in terms of percentiles?

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
s1: 60
s2: 60
s3: 100 (unless it was actually very easy)

but medentry do have quite difficult s3 questions. perhaps they changed it this year. what percentiles were those for medentry? they wouldve sent u an email with ur prediction etc.

Last edited:

almar

HSC
N/A
s1: 60
s2: 60
s3: 100 (unless it was actually very easy)

but medentry do have quite difficult s3 questions. perhaps they changed it this year. what percentiles were those for medentry? they wouldve sent u an email with ur prediction etc.
nah im not actually enrolled in medentry. just got the test off a friend. but im reli good at section 3. just section 1 and 2 i find hard :(

island refuge

HSC
Does anyone know where i can get the medentry practice elsewhere?

On Acer's i got:
S1: 30/44
S2: 28/36
S3: 22/30

Are these good marks?? Im rural, and the only person in town doing the umat :(
:bomb:<-- That's me!!

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
ur s1 is alright. s2 is pretty solid. s3 alright again. but considering you are rural and can maintain those scores, you're on track to get interviews at a lot of places.

Revacious

o-o
HSC
N/A
1: 30/44
2. 29/36
3. 24/30

pick the middle can go die seriously

how do those marks fare, percentile wise? And after scaling, are those marks sufficient to get 180+?

Last edited:

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
based on last year
s1: slightly above average
s2: pretty solid
s3: last year, they made it so hard that getting 20+ meant u were near the very top. but this year it seems to be a lot easier with lots getting in the high 20s. so i would say this section is also above average, but can definitely be improved since s3 is the easiest to improve.

lizajane91

HSC
Does anyone know where i can get the medentry practice elsewhere?

On Acer's i got:
S1: 30/44
S2: 28/36
S3: 22/30

Are these good marks?? Im rural, and the only person in town doing the umat :(
:bomb:<-- That's me!!
Haha thats me too!!! it kinda sucks not having much support at school etc...like no ppl to study with etc...but thats why bored of studies is soo good !!

emmcyclopedia

HSC
Hey guys =)

I'm preparing with Medentry as well - only doing the distance package though.
Today I decided to do my ACER practise exam, and I was wondering if these marks are comparable to the medentry marks - like, I think I did alright, but wasn't sure if it was only because it was written by ACER and not by medentry
S1 = 31/44
S2 = 32/36
S3 = 23/30

(total = 236)

I was actually a little disappointed and wanted to know if I should be happy with these marks. I am wanting to get into med @ Newcastle uni - what kind of marks do i need to get in?

Thanks heaps!! :wave:
All the best for wednesday!!

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
those look pretty solid. medentry exams are harder than the ACER exams. but as long as you can grasp the basic principles and apply the rules you should do well. i didnt do the ACER exams personally, but i found them not as easy as people said. they may be slightly easier, but not by that much. ur section1 is about average, however, ur section 2 looks very good. section 3 is also pretty decent.

its probably a bit late to have second thoughts about ur prep at this point in time. just go and do ur best because thats all you can do. good luck for wednesday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)