Medicine 😎 (1 Viewer)

Time&moretime

HSC
anyone know how long the WSU stations last? if each station was lets say 8 mins, are we getting 2 mins of that to read and the rest to answer the Qs?
8 mins interview time and 2 mins reading time. 10 mins in total. This year as you probably know one interview for places in both, WSU & CSU. Joint program so one UAC course code.

catha230

HSC
Hi everyone, do you know how the interview offers of UNSW and WSU are sent to students? Do you guys have to wait until your ATAR is out to be considered with the UCAT and only then will they offer the interview? Thanks so much?

edds7575

HSC
Hi everyone, do you know how the interview offers of UNSW and WSU are sent to students? Do you guys have to wait until your ATAR is out to be considered with the UCAT and only then will they offer the interview? Thanks so much?
WSU interviews finished last week already. UNSW invites will come out after ATARs are released.

Reactions: c8

Time&moretime

HSC
Most invited rural applicants have already done their interviews. But everyone has to wait on all three to be made an offer come 10th of January. (There are some applicants who might get their offer before then but they would come under different categories e.g. Indigenous etc.) UNSW invites normally come out after the ATARs are released as mentioned above.

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
Tm&t, I take it from your emoji that you got an offer to your liking?

vernburn

HSC
btw, unsw atar req's may have increased quite a bit according to mso data lol.
I believe UNSW stated the minimum ATAR that they offered was 99.60 and speed’o’sonic met that threshold so it’s not impossible that he got in.

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
The UNSW course is very well organised but for some people, one of the pros of studying at UoN or WSU might be that they are five year courses vs UNSW’s six year course. Financial background might be a factor for some.

Time&moretime

HSC
There was close to a riot on the MSO UNSW forum on Friday. Applicants with solid scores have been knocked back. An applicant with an ATAR of 99.55 and UCAT of 3210 is waiting for the next round. Apparently 99.60 is the lowest/selection rank. Imo, applicants with offers from UNSW have been coy to share details especially when a suggestion of taking legal advice to challenge the selection rank had been suggested on the MSO. I'm speechless!

vernburn

HSC
There was close to a riot on the MSO UNSW forum on Friday. Applicants with solid scores have been knocked back. An applicant with an ATAR of 99.55 and UCAT of 3210 is waiting for the next round. Apparently 99.60 is the lowest/selection rank. Imo, applicants with offers from UNSW have been coy to share details especially when a suggestion of taking legal advice to challenge the selection rank had been suggested on the MSO. I'm speechless!
Whilst ATAR + UCAT scores can indicate a shot of having a place there is also the interview which is just as important plus no one knows how they did in the interview only the university itself (which kinda safeguards them from any complaints or legal challenges).

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
uh what
I got 99.6 and shit ucat (not exaggerating) and got an offer in the first round
as if this person didn't get an offer already, but I'm pretty sure they will in the next round, maybe the earlier round was strict with atar and not ucat, it's probs just the way UNSW is filtering everyone

idkkdi

HSC
I believe UNSW stated the minimum ATAR that they offered was 99.60 and speed’o’sonic met that threshold so it’s not impossible that he got in.
unsw it is then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)