Melbourne Uni Colleges (1 Viewer)

Pr0digy

Veritas Lux Mea
HSC
hsc=suicide said:
That's quite a high ENTER... it's odd they didn't offer you a place. Did you say something completely idiotic during the interview? lol :rofl:

hsc=suicide

HSC
i dont know. at the time the guy interviewing me on the phone was really responsive and was telling me to be really positive about it all as i was exactly the kind of person they were after sorta crap. i just hope i get into ANY college now. my dad has now said he doesnt want me living in a uni village, as i just got 2 offers >< simply because he did and he thinks that they are full of rich kids who just want to study. >< GODDAMNIT! this whole accomodation thing and moving is proving more stressful than the HSC.

Pr0digy

Veritas Lux Mea
HSC
That's so weird... did you get into the college of your 2nd preference? What's a uni village?

Don't worry mate, you'll figure it out. Just don't panic, whatever you do.

hsc=suicide

HSC
Pr0digy said:
That's so weird... did you get into the college of your 2nd preference? What's a uni village?

Don't worry mate, you'll figure it out. Just don't panic, whatever you do.
i only found out i wasnt in ormond on tuesday. and i have not heard anything from any other college since. but that was only 2 working days. a uni village is almost like a college except everyone lives in their own appartment. like an appartment building full of uni students. im not going to panic, lol my father is now interested in buying an investment appartment in melbourne for me to stay in. go figure.....

unimelbdental

HSC
N/A
pete shearman said:
hey, hey ok. im going to newman. im soooo excited. basically iv never heard of all these other colleges besides trinity, queens and st mary's so i have no idea which are the best. but i guess newman must rock because the dean tried to drill me in the interview.

''oh yes many people get these wondrous ENTER scores and then i sit them down at the end of sem 1 with report cards in hand inquiring as to why it is these genuises can only manage a bare pass in the 50s"

she wished she was royal english - but more importantly it seems to have pretty high expectations and awesome facilities - billiards, its own library, coffee lounge, etc. i know two of the people going this year scored 99.95 and are from xavier so im like, jeez, no scholarship chances for me then. i very adeptly dodged all catholic questions. i should be the guy from 'thank you for smoking'
Please Newman DOESNOT have its own library (the academic centre, or accy for short). You guys share it with us at Mary's, with both college halving the cost of running it (but I must say it is closer to Newman than Mary's).

PS everyone knows the food is better at Mary's. Wonder if John (the Chef) is still there this year? (+ we get takeaway containers for hot lunches :D)

PPS, the word that comes to mind when Trinity is mentioned is SNOBS (they are so up themselves, everyone on the crescent hate them)

Talitha31

HSC
No mention of Janet Clarke Hall, my 1st choice? [I'm doing arts in 2008]

The whole culture there attracted me, epitomised by what they do in O-week: NGV, Melb symphony orchestra and Yarra cruise, as well as a scaveger hunt and themed parties. No-one opting out is ostracised.
Obviously O-week only lasts a week, but I'd rather go to a college which does the above to help "orientate" freshers rather than "ponding" them. Or is that supposed to be preparation for the rigours of uni life?

IH will be my second choice as 50% of students are international

sarahn

HSC
unimelbdental said:
PPS, the word that comes to mind when Trinity is mentioned is SNOBS (they are so up themselves, everyone on the crescent hate them)
here, here.

oh and to talitha, sounds like you made a good choice applying to JCH and IH, probably more your thing rather than the culture you'd find at, say, Hildas or Newman (my god, i just managed to write a sentence with "Hildas" and "Newman" in it without there being a physical altercation involved...)

Pr0digy

Veritas Lux Mea
HSC
Sweet as! Glad to hear you got in somewhere! :) Have fun in Melbourne... I know I will ;)

hsc=suicide

HSC
Pr0digy said:
Sweet as! Glad to hear you got in somewhere! :) Have fun in Melbourne... I know I will ;)
i deffinitely will. on top of o week i have 3 british chicks i met when i went down to enrol who want to party. so ill at least be having fun in the first week for sure!

lol we should have a umelb meet during o week.

hsc=suicide

HSC
any BOSer going to umelb. however im not to good with organising such things, does anyone have any suggestions as to where and when?

Midas Touch

HSC
hsc=suicide said:
i deffinitely will. on top of o week i have 3 british chicks i met when i went down to enrol who want to party. so ill at least be having fun in the first week for sure!

lol we should have a umelb meet during o week.
Great idea, but since were all in completely different faculties, it'll be difficult to organise.

hsc=suicide

HSC
IM IN MELBOURNE!!! AT WHITLEY COLLEGE!! RIGHT NOW! TYPING THIS. that really didnt need capital letters but...meh. so im up for anything right now. lol.

jme650

HSC
Hey, I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on St Hildas and why, and also whats the social life like in all the colleges? I visited most of the ones on the crescent but liked st marys, newman and hildas the best. I didn't get to see Ormond, or the other ones further away, what are they like?

kidokkyo

HSC
Uni Grad
if you want humanities/social sciences tutorials, ormond is the place to go. i'm afraid i'm not much of an authority on st hilda's, st mary's or newman. as for social life, i assure you you'll have a great one at any college. do consider the size of each college.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)