• memoir

Votes: 177 33.3%
  • speech

Votes: 56 10.5%
  • story

Votes: 298 56.1%

• Total voters
HSC
Memoir. Fitted mine fairly well, though I removed most of the second-person references I had since it didn't seem entirely appropriate.

Also mine was more like a diary thing, split into three or four sections with a date at the top of each. I introduced them with something like "It was on this day that..." so it was more memoir-ish...

cxlxoxk

HSC
...has anyone watched memoirs of a geisha?

hehe then u woulda known, sorta...

anyhow i did the speech.

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
I did a memoir, suited my planned story best, just needed to change the beginning and end to suit the memoir theme

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I picked story. However, the definition of curious comes into play. In my story, he isn't inquisitive, rather he's different. Hence, curious.

Cob-was-here

HSC
Lol the only difference i had to make was writing curious traveller a couple times. Planned imaginative journey story fitted in PERFECT

HSC
Yeah story fitted best with my story. I basically wrote my prepared story word for word and added a few lines, I got quite lucky with that one

wLym

HSC
a memoir is like a story right? what if i wrote it in present tense? how badly will i get penalised?

cxlxoxk

HSC
Lol if someone did the speech about "a perfect circle's (a band) song, cover of the John Lennon hit - Imagine"

and related the song to journeys somehow.

xD

not that i did. i just think it would be funny.

Kalashnikov47

HSC
my prepared one could fit the memoir. But since I panic too much and couldnt think in normal human logic, I acrossed out the whole thing and restarted.

so I ended up getting some bizarre little story~~~

I was thinking, if we are asked to write a memoir, then it can't be some bizarre questions. If it is just another creative but in first-person pronoun, why do they separate it?

I just couldnt understand this crap~~~I gave up creative and went on correcting my grammar in the essay (I did the creative last)

nrs1990

HSC
I did a memoir, though I'm not really sure what a memoir is. (I'm hoping that a first person short story based on a real experience counts.) None of my ideas fitted the story, while a couple fitted the memoir. I never even considered the speech -- I'm too obsessed with fiction.

andynhan

HSC
For those who wrote a speech.. im just curious how did u interpret the question?

cxlxoxk

HSC
life = neverending loops of journeys, loop is like a circle...therefore life of journeys = a circle. the circle is a perfect opportunity to grow, learn and change...mine...

edit: not neverending, just ends when you die.

Alvik

HSC
Memoir.

Fitted perfectly with one of creative pieces.

A.Chair

HSC
story- was able to integrate my story really easily into the curious traveller

spango0

HSC
Story seemed a bit to 'common' for me.

I went with memoir, as the conventions worked easily as well for it. Although the text type is a bit harder than a story (for me) I think it'll work out well in the end because I don't think many people did it.

Elsewhere worked well also, perhaps as the journeys catalyst? part of its destination?
All good.

o0-Prodigy-0o

HSC
I should've done the memoir, but i barely had time left and didn't think so i just took a gut reaction and did the story about a lady who thinks she got cancer and her and her daughter are going to the doctor and her daughter is like the brave one pushing her mum and her mum is super pessimistic only to realise that the cancer is benign (non-cancerous tumour) TANANA! but i have no idea how that has anything to do with a curious traveller lol

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
i did memoir, but i accidently did it as a story LOL
but its okay because i think it may pass as a memoir.
it describes his childhood etc

wLym

HSC
gloworm14 said:
i did memoir, but i accidently did it as a story LOL
but its okay because i think it may pass as a memoir.
it describes his childhood etc
i did this exactly - didnt read it was a memoir -_-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)