Memorising Essays (1 Viewer)

hscgirl

HSC
@Pethmin honestly, my best piece of advice is to enjoy y10. now i look back at y10, i wish i put less pressure on myself and enjoyed it more bc it's the last year of peace before y11 (bc in y11 is much more significant than y10 obvs)

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
bro studying junior yr like the hsc. burn out gon be insane no cap
As someone who has a job, I can tell you that we laugh at people who put year 10 results on their resumes

I mean yeah you don’t have much better to put on it (and I’m not saying you shouldn’t try ofc), but it’s not really that important lol
Seeing students who are in Year 10 take it so serious on BOS is crazy to me 😭 Like i never put any effort and still got rlly good marks and it doesnt eveb matter today
@Pethmin honestly, my best piece of advice is to enjoy y10. now i look back at y10, i wish i put less pressure on myself and enjoyed it more bc it's the last year of peace before y11 (bc in y11 is much more significant than y10 obvs)
Quick question:
How much should I be studying for year 11? It's only week six but I'm not sure I've done enough.

carrotsss

HSC
Quick question:
How much should I be studying for year 11? It's only week six but I'm not sure I've done enough.
given ur aiming for 99+ you should be studying a fair bit, focus on stuff thats important for year 12

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
given ur aiming for 99+ you should be studying a fair bit, focus on stuff thats important for year 12
Ok. So I'm assuming for essay subjects that would be soft skills like writing and for math/sciences it would be stuff that applies to year 12.

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Ok. So I'm assuming for essay subjects that would be soft skills like writing and for math/sciences it would be stuff that applies to year 12.
Just ensure you are competent in applying the content, as well as understanding the content for whatever subject you do

Unless you want to go for early entry, you're allowed to make mistakes in year 11 ... as long as you learn from them

hscgirl

HSC
Quick question:
i get in a solid/productive 3-4 hours (but normally closer to the former lol) of study on weekdays, but when i'm in a full-on study mindset i can go for 4 hours straight

moonsuyoung

HSC
I recommend just rewriting it on paper or just rewriting it on your laptop and whenever you encounter something you've forgotten, highlight that specific part in your essay and write it down three times and say it three times. Then, do it again and again! U got this Pethmin!

Exeunn

HSC
Should I rewrite the essay multiple times or should I just actively recall by reading?
You should be memorising quotes and essay structures, memorising complete essays is a far inferior method compared to answering plenty of practice essay questions.

ADE22

HSC
Don't memorise essays. They limit your ability to tailor your knowledge to the question to ultimately produce something of value for your marker.

For English, it's common knowledge that any response, no matter how extensive in its analysis, can only recieve a C if it doesn't answer the question or the stimulus provided. Other writing subjects in the humanities follow the same principle, so for subjects like Commerce or History, I would recommend memorising concepts and researching how they relate to different real-world examples instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)