Memorsing Large Amounts for Notes (1 Viewer)

Drone23

HSC
Hey guys,
just curious; what is the best way to remember large amount of notes (for yearly exams) in the quickest amount of time?

Any feedback will help! :D
Please help!

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
That's my problem now. I have half a textbook to memorise for Studies of Religion. The exam is in a few days :(

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
The best way would be to continually write them up until they stick into your head.

One of my former teachers told me another way. You read your notes out and you record them on your MP3. Then all you have to do is listen to your MP3 everyday.

daryl-d

HSC
read them out, write them out (thats what you'll be doing in the exam) and say them out

Jaylee42003

HSC
Repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition (is gold :))

Jasmiineee

HSC
By re-reading and rewritting everything you've studied. Who know's how long it'll take, start at the places you think you need to work on, maybe even ask the teacher where they think you need to improve and work from there.

It's different for everyone.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
You could use calculus to find the minimum amount of workload/time to maximise study efficiency? haha. That would be cool.

louy

HSC
N/A
I believ it is really easy to improve your memory. There are simple changes to the way you capture information and process it that can dramatically imrpove your memory. You can easily double your memory very quickly with some small simple exercises.
Passing exams is easy once you know how. I am not smart, but never had any problems passing exams

HSC
palm cards?
yess palm cards! i found this way works best for me. they're little and convenient so you can read them over and over where ever you are. but read them out loud also when your revising. cause i usually can picture in my head what each card looks like and also colour coding works well. not sure if any of those would help you. good luck! :)

saberbladexx

HSC
I use a 'box' method, firstly get out your notes, separate them into each module.
Then quick sum up the key points into a page or so(the prelim modules for say bio were 1 page each).

Then you break up the content of that module into specific sections and get a blank A4 paper and make a big red box or any other colour you like, and start putting in each section and making a box around it in the box. Then put the key points into the corresponding box.

E.G

Life on Earth (sorry for my poor drawing typing skills LOL)
--------------------------------------------------------
| Origins-evidence| Evolution of organis- ...|
|............................|................. -ms.............|
|-----------------------------------------------------|
| Prokaryotes.........................|Kingdom/Cla|
|.............................................|ssification...|
|-------------------------------------------------------

Then another whole A4 page for the next module etc.

Something like that but a little bit more boxes, i find it helped me group the whole Bio course together neatly and concisely instead of just having all that knowledge just jumbled.

It works for me for huge content theory based courses.

Last edited:

blackforest

HSC
just write notes that are brief but cover the main ideas. as long as you understand it, you can probably just write out random stuff and still get marks.
be more organised next time?

oh, since you're doing religion, most of the stuff in it are irrelevant to what you actually need to know for an exam. read your class notes. i think they work best.

wrecking

derp.
HSC
i re-write what i read/memorise. i write it till i memorise it. i think reading them aloud also helps, too. concept maps are extremely helpful if you're a visual learner. works for me!

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
I have economics, ancient history and maths exam next.

got heaps to memorise for economics and ancient history. This is the main reason why I like Maths!

A good way to memorise is to try and understand the material and then recall it using logic. e.g. in Economics, the processes of Domestic Market Operations do not have to be memorised. try to understand what happens when the RBA sells and buys government second hand gov securities and then recall it with logic in the exam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)