Memory techniques and memory foods :) !!!!!!!! (2 Viewers)

gemini

What i do is i repeat things over and over........and listening to a cassette when sleeping does NOT work, so don't bother. I've tried and it's totally stupid:
a) kept me awake though nothing stuck in my head, didn't learn a thing.
b) waste of time.......esp, reading in notes and recording ur voice
c) ur notes don't have a tune (unless u SING ur notes)...so it won't b able to stick in ur mind.

aNY one here have any tricks?

FOOD: My teacher says zinc will improve ur memory.....for eg. fish, but i hate fish but mum forces me n e way.
Do u kno n e other food/drink/drug?...............Last one for desperation only.....but as if i can obtain it *sigh*

chip

HSC
i do the tape record thing and play it when i go to bed and chemisty notes put me to sleep in about 2 minutes......... it seems to work for me cause i remember stuff but i do do other study as well

my chem teacher told me "dont take not in class but listen to everything that is said and when you get homw just try to write everything down you can remember and explainations of new terms and stuff, then if theres something you cant remember you go through that more with the help of text book and stuff.

and read read and re read your notes

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
chewing gum supposedly increases ur memory retention. i chew it bcoz it cleans my teeth :D

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
i haven't tried the playing cassette thing... but when i learn a piece for piano i listen to it when i sleep, and then i can memorise the piece next morning.
i'm not sure how it'd work with speech though, i can understand that it'd be distracting!

the other thing i heard is burning candles? and then when you smell the same scent you'll remember what you learnt.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
get ginko... its a vitamin that MAY be able to assist ya with memory... i've tried it and to be honest, i did alot worst with it than without it... :rolleyes:

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by YEAR12
Has anyone tried the ozone diet?
"While a necessary component of the upper atmosphere in order to prevent harmful damage by ultraviolet radiation, ozone is regarded as a pollutant in the lower level troposphere. Concentrations of 0.3 ppm can cause eye irritation and higher concentrations respiratory problems."
Chemistry Contexts 2, pg 254

Why would one want red-eyes and a bad cough just before exams?

bobo123

HSC
i drink a V before an exam
its more of a placebo than anything else

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
ginko biloba i think?........
ummm..........sleep and more sleep
not enough sleep makes ur mem die relli bad

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by bobo123
i drink a V before an exam
its more of a placebo than anything else
yeah thats what i do man... theres nothing else better than a can or bottle of V... but dont get the bottle coz u'll end up needing to pee in the exam

:rolleyes:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by Frigid

"While a necessary component of the upper atmosphere in order to prevent harmful damage by ultraviolet radiation, ozone is regarded as a pollutant in the lower level troposphere. Concentrations of 0.3 ppm can cause eye irritation and higher concentrations respiratory problems."
Chemistry Contexts 2, pg 254

Why would one want red-eyes and a bad cough just before exams?
Its a joke mate, the ozone diet involves eating nothing but air for two weeks. Great way to lose weight.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Yeah, V helps me, but I think it really is just a placebo...I mean, it has caffeine in it, but while that keeps you awake, I don't think it really helps you concentrate on stuff. But if you can convice yourself that it does...
Then again, you could try convincing yourself that almost anything does!

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Almonds are meant to increase your memory. My maths techer once told us that we shouldn't drink milk before an exam, but drink plenty of water.

Last year at school some people came to teach us about "study skills". They said you remeber a lot more in class if you are hold a stress ball. I dunno if it works. I haven't ever tried it. :p

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by YEAR12
Its a joke mate, the ozone diet involves eating nothing but air for two weeks. Great way to lose weight.
I know... i was just playin' :D
doing ozone in chem, that's why.

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
apparently on the morning day of an exam your breakfast should either be really really healthy (cereal, juice, milk etc) or really really fatty (bacon and eggs).. i don't know why but it's supposed to make ur iq go up??

oh, and right b4 an exam, ur sposed to take 40 min exercise (if ur fit... if ur unfit u can take 20 mins) and it's supposed to boost ur iq as well.. i don't know if it works..

lol.. doesn't answer the question...

i used to actually sing my notes though ^.^
i'd have actions to all the details... (so farni in PE... imagine learning a song with actions on what happens when u take lsd... )
u forget it less and it's a bit more fun.. but it takes a while

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
i wouldn't want a big breakfast on the day of my exam... what if i felt sick?? exercise might be good but i wouldn't want to waste time doing exercises~ stretches maybe.

i sound so negative :confused:

i agree actions help u to remember. another thing is to make up a story or acronyms

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
The best thing to get you in the mood for studying is definitely going for a run/walk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)