• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Memory techniques and memory foods :) !!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Juliet

HSC
I just read and take notes, then read again, and take study notes. The thing is not to memorise but to understand and learn it. :)

Last edited:

redhat

I never have breakfast before test + I always drink about 5 cans of jolt cola before it.

I prefer it over energy-drinks really..
I also suggest listening to hard-metal rock for the whole night to psych you up for the tests.

I have tried this, and I have gotten a whole bunch of 90's

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by Frigid

"While a necessary component of the upper atmosphere in order to prevent harmful damage by ultraviolet radiation, ozone is regarded as a pollutant in the lower level troposphere. Concentrations of 0.3 ppm can cause eye irritation and higher concentrations respiratory problems."
Chemistry Contexts 2, pg 254

lol.
yeah and concentrations greater than 20 ppm can prove lethal if exposed for approx 20 mins.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by chip
i do the tape record thing and play it when i go to bed and chemisty notes put me to sleep in about 2 minutes......... it seems to work for me cause i remember stuff but i do do other study as well

my chem teacher told me "dont take not in class but listen to everything that is said and when you get homw just try to write everything down you can remember and explainations of new terms and stuff, then if theres something you cant remember you go through that more with the help of text book and stuff.

and read read and re read your notes
hehe, my notes sometimes put me to sleep too. but they are pretty good in helping me to sleep when i can't :rolleyes:

You know what? Sleep, sufficient amount of sleep can enhance memory and performance (just don't overslept!)

Seriously, the day I went in for my French exams, i only got an hour of sleep (blame it on last minute rush of Physics assignment!). And on that day, I couldn't hear a thing they play on the casette. I am sure I can do much better if I can concentrate

so Sleep!

Last edited:

sally_33

HSC
so any 05ers using any vitamins/minerals aimed at increasing memory/concentration? and what do you eat the morning of exams?? or do you think its all bullshit

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
i drink ginseng tea before exams.. i think it helps you concentrate. my mum tells me it does

but it tastes like crap

richz

sally_33 said:
so any 05ers using any vitamins/minerals aimed at increasing memory/concentration? and what do you eat the morning of exams?? or do you think its all bullshit
all bulshit :p

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
sally_33 said:
My mum attempted to get me to take this multivitamins to help you learn or some crap. Only problem is I have issues with swallowing tablets/pills of any kind. So yeah she stopped after trying to choke me 5 times.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
My mum is the cutest muffin on the planet, she maked me have some sort of nuts (I'm not sure what they are called) every morning to help my brain.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
jebbie said:
My mum attempted to get me to take this multivitamins to help you learn or some crap. Only problem is I have issues with swallowing tablets/pills of any kind. So yeah she stopped after trying to choke me 5 times.
multivitamins are good for general health anyway.

s0k0y0e0

HSC
I got told by a doctor that the best thing to eat when doing study for exams and stuff is apple juice and vitamin B!
They help with concentration and and stress and help the body do other stuff... :uhhuh:

Sorry not very useful; but I have a Berocca every day and drink apple juice when studying -> seems to help me stay motivated and I seem to be able to think clearer! Blah blah, I'm probably just shitting on, but yeah...go apple juice! :p

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Pah, you're all on the street-shit.

If you wanna go hardcore you need the mass-produced solid gold, Hollywood shit: Gingko Billoba. Sure, it gets you depressed but you could both rediscover Einstein's entire catalogue of discoveries and rewrite all of Bach's stuff in one night...ooooooh, the benefits of the green bottle.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
velox said:
multivitamins are good for general health anyway.
Not really. Normal people shouldn't take vitamins.

They are only for people with deficiencies.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Go to a really noisy place, and take your notes with you. Plug your fingers in your ears and concentrate on your notes so damn hard until you can't actually hear what's going on (you may haer the noise but you should never be able to articulate what anyone else is saying). Recite in your head fifty billion times and mouth them if yuo haev to (just not when anyone's looking--they might think you a little kooky).

If they don't stay in your head, don't worry. Chant to yourself (inside your head): I will do this, I will do this, because I have to, beacuse I have to. *change the words if you want to--yeah, like a mantra. If it doesn't work first time, don't worry. Come back and keep repeating this until you actually muster enogh concentration to study (and retain) information inside your head. Soon, you'll find you can study and retain information that has been studied, in any sort of circumstance.

This is what helped me in my frees, because there was always at least 25 people in the general study area I was in. An added benefit is that, come exam time, you won't be so distracted or panicky by the sound of flicking papers and scrawling pens in a large exam hall, stuck with 100 (or more) other people [this was what really threw me off when exam time came--the pressure of sitting there with heaps of other people, and feeling their stress, coupled with my own, and not ignoring that tense atmosphere, which screwed up my concentration and my exams].

Hope that's some good.

-Swifty-

B.Sc B.A usyd
HSC
haha i do the hypnopedia thingo with english essays.... seems to work i suppose. Doesnt keep me awake and it takes abotu 10 mins if that to record so theres no harm in doing so :D

NightShadow

HSC
whoa dudes..i had 2 exams in one day..i drank half a bottle in the morning..and one...in the afternoon test...andgeez..coupled with lack of space...i spaced out...and my legs felt weak and..geez..did i mention space OUT!

heybraham

HSC
boasboy said:
i drink ginseng tea before exams.. i think it helps you concentrate. my mum tells me it does

but it tastes like crap
weird, i love it. tastes really good once you get used to it. and makes your head clear, not quick like coffee, but clear. i duno how to explain it. my mom suggests biting a piece of ginseng during the exam, but i think that measure is too extreme

tempco

HSC
rice and fish... works like a charm.

note: the two must have beene eaten since childhood to have any effect on memory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)