• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Merlin... again (1 Viewer)

lengstar

HSC
To Moderator Eviltama: could you please delete all unneccesary personal attacks. This is a political discussion, not a place to flame other people, Thanks.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
How do I know I'm wrong? I know I'm right, but I'm just giving up so you girls dont bitch any longer.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Enlightened_One said:
I heard that the cops were not the cause of the kid's death. A video camera tape came to light proving the whole thing to be wrong. But anyway, the kid was causing trouble, so it's his own fault.

Secondly, that cop that was hit with the brick suffered massage damamge, I sympathise with that poor bastard more because he wasn't breaking the law. He was doing his job and trying to protect the people of this country.

I seriously cannot see the appeal of being a cop if you villified and used as target practice for missiles.
I agree with you :)

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
thorrnydevil said:
Actually, the intention of the Australian Government was assimilate the aboriginal children into white society. Their intention wasn't to hurt the aboriginal children, they genuinely wanted to help them get a better future. In many Aboriginal tribes, if the parent disliked a child they would get a rock and whack them over the head till they died-hmmm...thats reallly humane isn't it homo. OK-the long term effects were bad, but the short term effects, such as death, where minimalised.

Egg 666: I think the OXFORD DICTIONARY would be a more reliable source than "dictionary.com"
you are right, the Intentions of the Australian Government was to help the aboriginal children, I don't understand why anyone thinks otherwise..
The children were helped not hurt

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
OZGIRL86 said:
you are right, the Intentions of the Australian Government was to help the aboriginal children, I don't understand why anyone thinks otherwise..
so....these people are asking for an apology for something which they believed benefitted themselves?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
OZGIRL86 said:
WHAT?! that is possibly one of the most ignorant statements i have ever read!
i agree - the australian government may have believed that they were helping the "halfies". this was because of an ignorant, prejudiced and xenophobic mindset that ran throughout society. it was NOT a positive point of view, and is not something that we in a supposedly more enlightened age should be emanating.

however, despite any justifications made at the time and since, the removal of children from their homes and families was about dislocating them from their culture, or "whitening" them up. they were not "helped" by losing their sense of cultural identity, and being taught that they were only worth anything if they were white. i honestly cannot believe you think that systematically stealing children away from their families against their and their families will can ever be construed as a positive thing.

Egg_666

ahaha.... yeh those aboriginals got it really good... too bad they couldnt follow the great example of the whites and succeed... they must be really dam stupid

ozgirl, do you beleive aboriginals are asking for an apology for something that was good for them in the end? (sorry pat but maybe if i put the question twice she might try to answer it)

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
I third that. TJ Hickey was breaking the law. It was his own fault.
so you believe in the death penalty for petty crime? or only when it's an aboriginal?

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
crazyhomo said:
so you believe in the death penalty for petty crime? or only when it's an aboriginal?
Geez your a tool, who in the heel said that? Yes, I believe in the death penalty, but not for a petty crime. I said that it was his own fault that he died. He should of surrendered himself to the police, then maybe the whole riot would never of happened. Also, who said I didn't like aboriginals? Who said I thought they should die? Nobody. Thats right homo, no one. If your gonna be an twist everything that people say do it on another thread.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
would you say that if someone commits a crime, and they go to prison, it's their own fault they are in prison?

and i'm curious, why do you believe in the death penalty?

Last edited:

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
crazyhomo said:
would you say that if someone commits a crime, and they go to prison, it's their own fault they are in prison?

and i'm curious, why do you believe in the death penalty?
Yeah, it is there own fault if they are in prison. They commited the crime and they should pay that penalty.

Why do I believe in the death penalty?
If someone is going to commit a horrific crime like murder or rape, they dont deserve to enjoy their life.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
Yeah, it is there own fault if they are in prison. They commited the crime and they should pay that penalty.

Why do I believe in the death penalty?
If someone is going to commit a horrific crime like murder or rape, they dont deserve to enjoy their life.
so do you believe that hickey's penalty was worthy of his crime?

what if they catch the wrong person?

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
crazyhomo said:
so do you believe that hickey's penalty was worthy of his crime?

what if they catch the wrong person?
Did I say his penalty was worthy of his crime? No. Death should be only a punishment for the most nefarious of criminals. BUT. It was TJ Hickeys fault that he died.

What if they carch the wrong person?
You just have to have faith in the Justice System.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
Did I say his penalty was worthy of his crime? No. Death should be only a punishment for the most nefarious of criminals. BUT. It was TJ Hickeys fault that he died.

What if they carch the wrong person?
You just have to have faith in the Justice System.
but people in prison deserve their penalties because it's their own fault, right?

and so you believe that there has never been a innocent convicted of a crime he did not commit, nor that if we did have the death penalty, that an innocent could be put to death?

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
crazyhomo said:
but people in prison deserve their penalties because it's their own fault, right?

and so you believe that there has never been a innocent convicted of a crime he did not commit, nor that if we did have the death penalty, that an innocent could be put to death?
People in prison do deserve what they get.

Yes, I'm sure there are people in prison that are innocent. However, this is impossible to avoid. If the death penalty was imposed, I would want a period in which the convicted had to wait, say 5-10 years, so the the crime could be investigated by the police with their forever changing technology.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
Yes, I'm sure there are people in prison that are innocent. However, this is impossible to avoid. If the death penalty was imposed, I would want a period in which the convicted had to wait, say 5-10 years, so the the crime could be investigated by the police with their forever changing technology.
who's to say that's long enough?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
Well I just did.
aren't you saying that by requiring a waiting period before they can be executed, that you don't trust the justice system with someone's life?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)