• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Merlin... again (1 Viewer)

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Lundy said:
I'm not missing the point. I know you well enough to know you often think your way of thinking is fantastic when really it isn't. And that you think the reason no one "gets" how amazing you are is because you're highly superior to everyone else in terms of reason & intellect, not that you just make no sense and have a flawed argument.
if i make no sense and have a flawed argument, go ahead and prove me wrong

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I'm talking about in general. In this specific instance, as I've already said, you're just weak and you inflate petty things to make them seem more important than they really are. And like I already said I can't be bothered arguing with you because you're so fucking arrogant and stubborn. So no I'm not going to "prove you wrong," so there's an ego boost if ever there was one: you under the impression you've "won" because of your amazing debating skills. Yeah whatever.

Last edited:

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
crazyhomo said:
so you admit mistakes can be made? and you're ok with mistakes being made with a human life?
Yes, I said in any system mistakes can be made. Do I need to clarify that again for you? Also again, I said there would be a 10 year buffer so that kind of hypothetical situation wouldn't occur. The loss of a human life (one who hasn't commited a treacherous crime) is very sadening but as I said, hopefully that buffer would prevent it from occuring.

Also, you seem OK with innocent people in Iraq being killed by a tyranical dictator. So whats the difference?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
Yes, I said in any system mistakes can be made. Do I need to clarify that again for you? Also again, I said there would be a 10 year buffer so that kind of hypothetical situation wouldn't occur. The loss of a human life (one who hasn't commited a treacherous crime) is very sadening but as I said, hopefully that buffer would prevent it from occuring.

Also, you seem OK with innocent people in Iraq being killed by a tyranical dictator. So whats the difference?
http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/08/20/wrongful.conviction.ap/index.html

and are you talking about saddam hussein or george bush? but really, when did i ever say that? or are you just assuming because i'm a radical leftwing hippy?

Last edited:

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
crazyhomo said:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/08/20/wrongful.conviction.ap/index.html

and are you talking about saddam hussein or george bush? but really, when did i ever say that? or are you just assuming because i'm a radical leftwing hippy?
What does that have to do with the death sentence? Absolutely nothing, thats what. Also, in the end, the system prevailed and a man who was found guilty of a crime in the days when they couldn't test for DNA or any other scientific evidence has been set free.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
crazyhomo said:
would you say that if someone commits a crime, and they go to prison, it's their own fault they are in prison?

and i'm curious, why do you believe in the death penalty?
well naturally if someone commits a crime and they go to prison it is their own fault they are in prison... who else's fault would it be?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
What does that have to do with the death sentence? Absolutely nothing, thats what. Also, in the end, the system prevailed and a man who was found guilty of a crime in the days when they couldn't test for DNA or any other scientific evidence has been set free.
i'm just wondering what makes you so sure that 10 years is long enough for technology to catch up and prove someone innocent

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
OZGIRL86 said:
well naturally if someone commits a crime and they go to prison it is their own fault they are in prison... who else's fault would it be?
we've moved this argument forward already. i'm not backtracking just because you can't keep up

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
crazyhomo said:
i'm just wondering what makes you so sure that 10 years is long enough for technology to catch up and prove someone innocent
Its there so hippys like you dont complain as much.

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
get fingered.
you're all wrong.... mostly you, crazyhomo.... i am sick to death of you. i'll allow you to kill youself, just go and do it bro.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
Its there so hippys like you dont complain as much.
ouch. it must suck to so often be proven wrong, but being too stupid to change your views

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
tWiStEdD said:
get fingered.
you're all wrong.... mostly you, crazyhomo.... i am sick to death of you. i'll allow you to kill youself, just go and do it bro.
btw, i'm sorry i made fun of your crush on glyc. that was mean of me. no hard feelings?

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
crazyhomo said:
ouch. it must suck to so often be proven wrong, but being too stupid to change your views
You havent proven me wrong homo. I think that having a 10 year buffer would be way better than having none at all. Dont you agree? Or do you think we should execute them straight away? Why dont you believe in the death penalty homo?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
You havent proven me wrong homo. I think that having a 10 year buffer would be way better than having none at all. Dont you agree? Or do you think we should execute them straight away? Why dont you believe in the death penalty homo?
so you're ok with settling for good enough when someone's life is involved? i don't believe in the death penalty for two reasons:

1) it is a punishment that cannot be undone if it turns out the guy was innocent. there have been cases of rape victims identifying the wrong person, only to have them released years later. so i'm just glad that some of those cases have occurred in countries where rape is not a capital offense

2) the whole idea of capital punishment is based on the outdated concept of 'an eye for an eye'. you're saying that if someone commits murder, then we should kill them. do you also believe that if someone commits assault, then we should beat them up? or if they commits rape then we should rape them? because if you're going to use the eye for an eye concept for one type of crime, the why not all of them? our legal system has moved on past this form of punishment

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
crazyhomo said:
our legal system has moved on past this form of punishment
And look how many thieves, murderers, rapists and other criminals we have roaming the streets. Its nice isn't it. But then you probably believe that all these people wont do it again anyway.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
crazyhomo said:
we've moved this argument forward already. i'm not backtracking just because you can't keep up
You're not "in charge" of this argument. Maybe she can't keep up because he hasn't been online? Answer her question.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
And look how many thieves, murderers, rapists and other criminals we have roaming the streets. Its nice isn't it. But then you probably believe that all these people wont do it again anyway.
huh? are you saying we should kill them all?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Lundy said:
You're not "in charge" of this argument. Maybe she can't keep up because he hasn't been online? Answer her question.
read ahead and i have

Lundy

Banned
HSC
No, you were addressing someone else's question after you dismissed her for not keeping up with you.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Lundy said:
No, you were addressing someone else's question after you dismissed her for not keeping up with you.
because i had already answered her question in posts after the one she quoted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)