messy handwriting-what if a teacher penalise/ refuses to mark? (1 Viewer)

QWE-RTY

HSC
Hello everybody, I am currently in year 9 and I need advice for the following scenario:

Almost every assignment/exam involves a written/long answer section. Usually, I completely disregard my handwriting in order to maximise my speed. It is readable however. What should should I do if a teacher penalised me or even refuse to mark it purely based on handwriting? (provided that handwriting is not mentioned in any way on the marking criteria)

This will probably be an issue for the next few years.

Thanks

si2136

HSC
N/A
It happens.

Source: Lost a mark in Business Studies

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
BOSTES states teachers CANNOT mark you down for hand writing - if they can't read something, they just ignore it. So they didn't mark you down for hand writing even if they say that - they marked you down because they couldn't find a reason to give you the marks in the first place.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Hello everybody, I am currently in year 9 and I need advice for the following scenario:
Since you are now in year 9, you still have time to improve your handwriting, if you could be bothered to do so. But I have found that improving one's handwriting is not easy. Still, I believe it can be done if you have the right guidance and the will to make the required effort.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
As a HSC marker -- If I can't read it, I can't mark it.
Students with poor handwriting can read their own handwriting but fail to realise that others may find it illegible. I would say from my observation 2 in 3 have poor handwriting and at least 4 in 5 do not know how to hold their pen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)