metal fans your suggestions are needed (1 Viewer)

vacant

HSC
I'll try not to repeat whats already been said but Im not reading through 6 pages so here goes:
At The Gates
Dark Tranquility
Insomnium
Soilwork
Dawn Of Azazel
Necrophagist
Nile
Demoniac (for a laugh)
Stratovarious
8 Foot Sativa
Bal Sagoth

and so on and so forth, best thing for you to do is go through all of the metal 'sub-genres' and see which of it you like and which you dont. Make sure you listen to a couple of bands atleast from each category though.

neafoo

HSC
i just remembered another melodic death metal band like in flames you might like, theyre called 'amon amarth'... theyve probably been mentioned earlier. they do alot of viking themed stuff tho ;P

Retrovertigo

HSC
N/A
Amon Amarth
Arcturus
Between the Buried and Me
Isis
Mastodon
Opeth
Rhapsody of Fire
Running Wild

Kmara2nv

HSC
parkway drive
carpathian
i killed the prom queen
lamb of god
isis
OPETH

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Kmara2nv said:
parkway drive
carpathian
i killed the prom queen
lamb of god
isis
OPETH
i wouldnt reallllllly call carpathian or parkway metal .... although i cant argue that they have heavy influences and even elements... maybe post hardcore... hmm

Kmara2nv

HSC
DrownTheCrow said:
i wouldnt reallllllly call carpathian or parkway metal .... although i cant argue that they have heavy influences and even elements... maybe post hardcore... hmm
yea kinda true...but parkway drive all dey do is kiinda screaaam..and their lyrics are kinda realte to death aswell...i can see where ur comming from for carpathian they are post hardcore....

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
haha so true. 90% of winston mcalls lyrics are about killing someone he hates, or making them do it themselves

itll be real REAL interesting to hear their new album next year. i bet they do what prom queen did and start going down the metal core road. i wont complain

HSC
DrownTheCrow said:
haha so true. 90% of winston mcalls lyrics are about killing someone he hates, or making them do it themselves

itll be real REAL interesting to hear their new album next year. i bet they do what prom queen did and start going down the metal core road. i wont complain
Your options are pretty limited when you're a pack of one-dimensional shitbags ;)

Also, you probably should have called this thread "Metal fans, please impress me with the biggest list of bands you can manage! I don't want anything remotely helpful, just to be awestruck by how many bands you can name", cept I guess that's sort of long for a thread title.

Kmara2nv

HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Your options are pretty limited when you're a pack of one-dimensional shitbags ;)

Also, you probably should have called this thread "Metal fans, please impress me with the biggest list of bands you can manage! I don't want anything remotely helpful, just to be awestruck by how many bands you can name", cept I guess that's sort of long for a thread title.
iight here i go dude jus metal bands( this is who i think are metal)

As I Lay Dying
between the buried and me, Grain
i killed the prom queen, voivod
Opeth , motorhead
parkway drive , cannibal corpse
trivium
unearth
carpathian
the getaway plan
hatebreed
lamb of god
isis
into eternity
strapping young lad
dragonforce(power metal)
disturbed
slipknot
slayer
satyricon
my dying bride
atreyu
mastodan
darkest hour
36 crazyfists
Deftones

thats bout the list of bands i got on ma comp but got dvd of metal bands havnt named but hope u lilke the list and are awestruck

HSC
Kmara2nv said:
iight here i go dude jus metal bands( this is who i think are metal)

As I Lay Dying
between the buried and me, Grain
i killed the prom queen, voivod
Opeth , motorhead
parkway drive , cannibal corpse
trivium
unearth
carpathian
the getaway plan
hatebreed
lamb of god
isis
into eternity
strapping young lad
dragonforce(power metal)
disturbed
slipknot
slayer
satyricon
my dying bride
atreyu
mastodan
darkest hour
36 crazyfists
Deftones

thats bout the list of bands i got on ma comp but got dvd of metal bands havnt named but hope u lilke the list and are awestruck
Psst, I was putting shit on people who somehow turn "hey anyone know any cool bands?" into a competition. It wasn't actually a request for more bands.

Kmara2nv

HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Psst, I was putting shit on people who somehow turn "hey anyone know any cool bands?" into a competition. It wasn't actually a request for more bands.
this thread is called meatal fans your suggestoins are needded....obviously u gotta list metal bands to give them suggestions on wat to listn to...ur not gonna just write random shit howz that gonna help him....thik about it.....and plus i dont give a fuck if i put that list up someone gonna have alistn to one of those bands.....:headbang: .......so if u dont like it then stop commin in this thread or stop fkn writing back to ma comments:burn:

HSC
Kmara2nv said:
this thread is called meatal fans your suggestoins are needded....obviously u gotta list metal bands to give them suggestions on wat to listn to...ur not gonna just write random shit howz that gonna help him....thik about it.....and plus i dont give a fuck if i put that list up someone gonna have alistn to one of those bands.....:headbang: .......so if u dont like it then stop commin in this thread or stop fkn writing back to ma comments:burn:
Good sir, I apologise for any offence I may have caused. Please do not hurt me.

Kmara2nv

HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Good sir, I apologise for any offence I may have caused. Please do not hurt me.
LMAO.....dats sarcastic lol..........me hurt neone is funnnnnyyyy...it was just that i luv ma rock/metal:):santa:

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
ogmzergrush said:

oh yes ogmzergrush you saw right through me straight to my hidden agenda! i cant believe people were dumb enough to believe that i was actually keen to get some decent suggestions for a genre of music im only relatively new to
/ ends sarcasm

neck up you parrot ;)

fofanny

HSC
Deicide - The Stench of Redemption!!!!!

That album has some of the most mindblowing guitarwork you will ever hear.....truly inspirational.
I saw them the other night at the Gaelic Club, they were freaking awesome.

tranquility

HSC
Here are some of the bands I like:

Kalmah
Enternal Tears of Sorrow
In Flames
Ensiferum
Wintersun
Fejd
Tyr
Therion
Children of Bodom
Sonata Arctica
Edge of Sanity
Imperanon
Amon Amarth
Nightwish
Enslavement of Beauty
Mors Princium Est
Norther
Apocalyptica
X Japan
Manegarm
For my pain
Charon
Haggard
Sorrow of Tranquility

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)