Metal Gear Solid 4 coming to Xbox 360 in September 08? (1 Viewer)

Supermodified

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
See, what I don't get is why it's such a big deal that 360 fans gets MGS on their system. Imagine what would happen if it was suggested that Halo were to be converted over to the PS3. A lot of 360 fanboys and Halo gamers would really kick of a stink. Why are you allowed to defend your favourite titles from being made for anotehr platform but we're not? It's hypocritical.
You seem to be missing the point. Bungie is wholly owned by Microsoft, making it impossible for them to develop for any other system. Kojima Studios, however, is not owned by Sony, so the only thing stopping them from developing for the 360 is the contract they signed with Sony.

Anyway, I don't consider myself a fanboy. I already have a 360 and a Wii, and I'll definitely be getting a PS3 when I get the cash.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
But to convert MGS over to the 360 would take a lot of time, effort and money.
I don't understand why? Porting to the Xbox 360 has often been said to be very easy. In fact many games are even developed for the 360, and then ported to the ps3 some time later (as the ps3 is far more difficult to develop for). Therefore, it wouldn't take much time, or money, compared to the payout.

I will eventually get a PS3 though, in order to play FF and MGS.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Supermodified said:
You seem to be missing the point. Bungie is wholly owned by Microsoft, making it impossible for them to develop for any other system. Kojima Studios, however, is not owned by Sony, so the only thing stopping them from developing for the 360 is the contract they signed with Sony.

Anyway, I don't consider myself a fanboy. I already have a 360 and a Wii, and I'll definitely be getting a PS3 when I get the cash.
Be that as it may, the principle still exists. Assume that Bungie was not wholly owned by Microsoft and is just like Kojima Productions: now, why are 360 fans allowed to jealously guard their major titles from being converted to another system, but they're allowed to call for another platform's titles to be carried over to their console? Shouldn't PlayStation fans be allowed the exact same right to guard their favourite titles from being carried over? And then, when we post things - like the twenty-disc gag image - to say that MGS shouldn't go over to the XBox, we get accused of fanboy-ism. If I were Kojima-san, I'd be inclined to stubbornly stay exclusively with Sony for that reason: because Microsoft fans are nothing but hypocrites. You're perfectly allowed to demand that a game get converted to your system, but as soon as someone demands that one of your games expands to another platform, you go crying blue murder.

So I'll do you a deal: give Sony Halo 3, and we'll give you Metal Gear Solid. Until that happens, either put up or shut the fuck up.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
Be that as it may, the principle still exists. Assume that Bungie was not wholly owned by Microsoft and is just like Kojima Productions: now, why are 360 fans allowed to jealously guard their major titles from being converted to another system, but they're allowed to call for another platform's titles to be carried over to their console? Shouldn't PlayStation fans be allowed the exact same right to guard their favourite titles from being carried over? And then, when we post things - like the twenty-disc gag image - to say that MGS shouldn't go over to the XBox, we get accused of fanboy-ism. If I were Kojima-san, I'd be inclined to stubbornly stay exclusively with Sony for that reason: because Microsoft fans are nothing but hypocrites. You're perfectly allowed to demand that a game get converted to your system, but as soon as someone demands that one of your games expands to another platform, you go crying blue murder.
So I'll do you a deal: give Sony Halo 3, and we'll give you Metal Gear Solid. Until that happens, either put up or shut the fuck up.
You can't just assume that Bungie is not wholly owned by MS. The point is that it is not. Kojima Productions is not owned by Sony. Therefore, calling the game over to the Xbox 360 makes logical sense, especially considering that many of the previous games have been ported over.

Basically, calling over Halo 3 to the PS3 is more like calling over God of War or Gran Turismo to the Xbox 360 (games owned by Sony). Do I hear Xbox 360 fans petitioning for it to be ported over? No. We know that it's an impossibility, just like Halo 3 being ported to the PS3 is an impossibility.

Therefore the link between Halo and MGS is invalid. One cannot come out to the PS3, whilst one can come to the Xbox 360 (and even the Wii). The hypothetical scenario of trading one title for the other is very silly. MGS is NOT a Sony franchise.

Marky24

HSC
take into consideration , its actually coming out !!!!!! I don't really care what console its on

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
stazi said:
You can't just assume that Bungie is not wholly owned by MS. The point is that it is not. Kojima Productions is not owned by Sony. Therefore, calling the game over to the Xbox 360 makes logical sense, especially considering that many of the previous games have been ported over.

Basically, calling over Halo 3 to the PS3 is more like calling over God of War or Gran Turismo to the Xbox 360 (games owned by Sony). Do I hear Xbox 360 fans petitioning for it to be ported over? No. We know that it's an impossibility, just like Halo 3 being ported to the PS3 is an impossibility.

Therefore the link between Halo and MGS is invalid. One cannot come out to the PS3, whilst one can come to the Xbox 360 (and even the Wii). The hypothetical scenario of trading one title for the other is very silly. MGS is NOT a Sony franchise.
I was simply using it as an example. I have, however, heard calls for GT to go over to the 360, but it wa sonly from a small demographic, and once Forza 2 came out, they shut up pretty quickly. But you (or runtlocks) said it yourself: they converted Substance to the 360 and it didn't work. Why should it do so now?

While you might not get Guns of the Patriots, it may be possible that Metal Gear Solid: Online could be developed as a simultaneous cross-platform masive multiplayer online game. In other words, PS3, 360 and possibly even PC users could square off in an online MGS world. If anyone can do it, Kojima can and it would at least give all parties an opportunity to put their money where their mouth is. I'd settle for that.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Why does anyone give a shit if their console's games get ported? You're all fucking 5 year olds.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
withoutaface said:
Why does anyone give a shit if their console's games get ported? You're all fucking 5 year olds.
...because it's good for us gamers. I would love to play MGS and Final Fantasy. Others would love to play Bioshock, for instance. We're not talking about console wars, we're talking about the opportunity of playing a wider selection of games. Unfortunately console wars have to come into the equation.

Argonaut - i'm sure a few people would have called for Gran Turismo to cum out on xbox, but those are the people who don't realise that it's a Sony-made game. If you don't know it's a Sony-made game then it's quite rational to want a game to go cross-platform.

Also, why didn't substance work? I seem to recall it getting quite decent reviews and sales.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I don't know why Substance didn't work on the 360, I'm simply repeating what someone said in this discussion previously.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
I don't know why Substance didn't work on the 360, I'm simply repeating what someone said in this discussion previously.
ObjectsInSpace said:
But you (or runtlocks) said it yourself: they converted Substance to the 360 and it didn't work.
huh:confused:

Metal Gear Solid 3 (or Subsistence) didn't come out on the xbox probably because at that time the xbox was getting pushed out of the way for the 360, I didn't say anything about Substance and the 360

Anyone silly enough to petition a port of any GT game to the 360 is clearly a fanboy dimwit or has a poor knowledge of games. Besides, I think the 360 is superior to the PS3 for driving sims. The 360 already has two very solid franchises - PGR and Forza, compared to only the one - GT for the PS3 with both machines getting Colin McRae and whatever NFS stuff EA can churn out

Supermodified

HSC
runtlocks said:
Besides, I think the 360 is superior to the PS3 for driving sims. The 360 already has two very solid franchises - PGR and Forza, compared to only the one - GT for the PS3 with both machines getting Colin McRae and whatever NFS stuff EA can churn out
PGR isn't a racing sim, it's far from it. Still a great game though. And the next installment of GT will be far better than Forza Motorsports 2.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Supermodified said:
PGR isn't a racing sim, it's far from it. Still a great game though. And the next installment of GT will be far better than Forza Motorsports 2.
Well err you know in PGR games you do drive a car and race around roads and stuff...

As for the next GT being better than Forza 2, alright I'll keep an eye on it but Forza 2 is really really solid as is anyway.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
runtlocks said:
Well err you know in PGR games you do drive a car and race around roads and stuff...

As for the next GT being better than Forza 2, alright I'll keep an eye on it but Forza 2 is really really solid as is anyway.
...?? yes, driving a car around rounds doesn't make it a racing sim. PGR is an arcade title. One of the main goals is to score style points.

Forza and Gran Turismo are racing sims - i.e. they are realistic and designed to emulate real life racing.

I also agree that GT will likely be better than Forza 2. Although, Forza is a fantastic game (particularly because of the liveries editor)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
runtlocks said:
huh:confused:

Metal Gear Solid 3 (or Subsistence) didn't come out on the xbox probably because at that time the xbox was getting pushed out of the way for the 360, I didn't say anything about Substance and the 360

Anyone silly enough to petition a port of any GT game to the 360 is clearly a fanboy dimwit or has a poor knowledge of games. Besides, I think the 360 is superior to the PS3 for driving sims. The 360 already has two very solid franchises - PGR and Forza, compared to only the one - GT for the PS3 with both machines getting Colin McRae and whatever NFS stuff EA can churn out
oh, sorry, i though MGS2 was subsistence :p MGS 2 was substance, then? That came out on the xbox

Supermodified

HSC
Will do at 12 tonight.

Also, have you planned your demo party for the street team yet? And what about that Mystery Shopper thing?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yep, I'll be doing the demo party this coming Thursgay. Wanna cum? Mystery shopping: will do tomorrow.

Supermodified

HSC
Yeah, I'm planning on doing the Mystery Shopper tomorrow, too. And I'm having my demo party next Friday. I managed to convince a friend (Tiedgen, don't know if you remember him from High) to let me use his place, seeing as my AV setup is crap. He's got his own 360, and two big LCD TVs, so it should be good. As for your party, I wouldn't mind dropping in.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh that is so hawt! and yeah, i remember him. you ask me that every time you mention his name :p

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
stazi said:
...because it's good for us gamers. I would love to play MGS and Final Fantasy. Others would love to play Bioshock, for instance. We're not talking about console wars, we're talking about the opportunity of playing a wider selection of games. Unfortunately console wars have to come into the equation.

Argonaut - i'm sure a few people would have called for Gran Turismo to cum out on xbox, but those are the people who don't realise that it's a Sony-made game. If you don't know it's a Sony-made game then it's quite rational to want a game to go cross-platform.

Also, why didn't substance work? I seem to recall it getting quite decent reviews and sales.
I was actually ripping on Argonaut for being full protective of Sony's exclusivity, but ok...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)