Metal Gear Solid 4 coming to Xbox 360 in September 08? (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
http://theaccidentalgamer.blogspot.com/2007/08/metal-gear-solid-4-to-be-sold-on-xbox.html

you be the judge. personally, i doubt that HMV would be the first in the world to release this information. however, it is possible that they accidentally leaked the information provided to them by konami.

the only reason why i haven't discounted this as a data entry problem, is that they set a very believable release date for the 360 version - around 5 months after the PS3 release. if the same date was listed for the 360 version, they i would have discounted it as a staff error.

hmmm...very interesting. this could prove to be very devastating for sony

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Rumours are already abound that they've been thinking of going non-exclusive because of the apparent costs of developing such a massive game for a rather..small audience.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was true.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Agreed with asylum

Kojima's been rather persistent in saying it will be a PS3 exclusive but as of late other Konami reps have been stating over and over again that they have not ruled out the possibility of porting the game to other platforms.

Personally I think we will see a 360 version eventually

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Asylum, that is true, but we're still seeing some true exclusives, such as Final Fantasy develop. I don't understand why Hideo would be flat-out denying the existence of a 360 version though. Oh wells. Either way, I'm not that excited about this game. The 360 has enough fantastic titles on its own

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hideo is probably trying to show face, Sony and Konami are japanese companies after all and it may be somewhat treated with contempt if he were to flatly go back on his word of exclusivity.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hahah but in doing so he'll actually lose face. badly. if he said 'we are investigating the prospect of porting it to the xbox 360, but for the time being MGS4 remains exclusive' then people would accept a final decision to go multisystem.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Watch what PS3 gamers will get and suffer.

It's a new gameplay trailer showing four seriously creepy (and quite weird) bosses: Crying Wolf, Raging Raven, Laughing Octopus and Screaming Mantis (if you watch the video it's pretty obvious who is who). It was intially thought they were reanimated versions of the bosses from MGS1 (you should be able to see why going by their code-names going by their code-names), but they're a group called The Beauties and the Beasts; a group of soldiers who lost their humanity, so their only way to deal with the horror of war was to become it. Their humanity is still there somewhere, but it's the monster that you can see.

ChennyBoy

HSC
there havent been any news on releasing MGS4 on the 360, but it is not impossible for 360 to run MGS4, i think. personlly i think the game will be released on 360,itsjust the matter of time

stazi

Nightman
HSC
of course it could run MGS, the problem is with exclusivity. It is quite likely to come out, but in 2008 (similar to all the past MGS games)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lol... except not rly. xbox 360 file compression ftw

Supermodified

HSC
It would be sweet if MGS4 came to the 360, but like Stas said, there are enough awesome titles on the 360 to keep me happy if it didn't. I remember reading that at GC07, when asked by an audience member if MGS4 would be coming to 360, Kojima said "We'll see".

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
runtlocks said:
ps3 fanboy alert
Hey, take a look at the Halo 3 thread - I'm more than willing to switch systems purely for that one game.

Now I posted that image on another site and got a similar response. A response that I got from a Microsoft fanboy who didn't want to let go of the idea that his precious system might not be getting a title that's exclusive to the competition. I told him that if he wanted to play Guns of the Patiots that badly, he'd but a PS3 when the game came out regarless of the price.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
Hey, take a look at the Halo 3 thread - I'm more than willing to switch systems purely for that one game.

Now I posted that image on another site and got a similar response. A response that I got from a Microsoft fanboy who didn't want to let go of the idea that his precious system might not be getting a title that's exclusive to the competition. I told him that if he wanted to play Guns of the Patiots that badly, he'd but a PS3 when the game came out regarless of the price.
ObjectsInSpace said:
Watch what PS3 gamers will get and suffer
uhh, suffer? what the fuck:lol:
anyhow PS3 FANBOY ALERT!!!!!!!

Isn't it a bit unreasonable, getting an expensive console for the sake of playing one game? What, is money not a factor for you or something? I sure wouldn't get a thousand dollar machine just to play one game, seeing as pretty much nothing else on the PS3 interests me enough.

The PS3 is shaping up to be a decent machine with PSN and the anticipation for a handful of games over the horizon, but the launch was abysmal, the 360 has a better library because it has had the head start, the price tag is too large, blu-ray isn't a necessity yet, developers are finding it hard to work with the hardware, any level-headed gamer not aligned to any company or machine would be able to tell you all of that. If and when (which I think it will) the Blu-Ray gains a lead in the format war I'll be glad to pick up a PS3 down the line.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
runtlocks said:
Isn't it a bit unreasonable, getting an expensive console for the sake of playing one game? What, is money not a factor for you or something? I sure wouldn't get a thousand dollar machine just to play one game, seeing as pretty much nothing else on the PS3 interests me enough.
If I were to buy a PS3 - and let's face it, I probably won't any time soon - I wouldn't just be getting it for Guns of the patriots. It would be a starting point, no less; likewise Halo 3 on the 360. My point was that a lot of 360 fanboys are hoping and praying for MGS on their system because it's MGS. If they really want to play it as badly as they claim they do, they'd shell out for a PS3. Just because Square-Enix announced they might consider a cross-platform conversion for Final Fantasy XIII because the PS3 is an expensive platform to develop for, the fanboys seem to think they can get any game they want on their platform. But make the slightest mention of Halo 3 appearing on the PS3 and they think you're mad; they don't seem to know the meaning of the word "exclusivity" unless it applies to their games.
runtlock said:
The PS3 is shaping up to be a decent machine with PSN and the anticipation for a handful of games over the horizon, but the launch was abysmal, the 360 has a better library because it has had the head start, the price tag is too large, blu-ray isn't a necessity yet, developers are finding it hard to work with the hardware, any level-headed gamer not aligned to any company or machine would be able to tell you all of that. If and when (which I think it will) the Blu-Ray gains a lead in the format war I'll be glad to pick up a PS3 down the line.
I will grant you that. The PS3 launch was nothing but a royal fuck-up on the part of Sony, especially the "limited release" gimmick (Microsoft did something similar, but Sony's was very small-scale in comparison). The problem is that they're being too forward-thinking; while blu-ray might be big, it's not needed, as you pointed out. I usually hate Maddox, but he's right in pointing out that even if you lost a million (or was it a billion?) dollars in the last financial year, you still made more money than Sony's gaming department.

But that's beside the point: I seriously doubt MGS4 will appear on the 360 any time soon. Kojima-san even took out a double-page advert in magazines reading "Dear Mr. Kojima ... Jump In", which was little more than a tongue-in-cheek stab at 360 gamers who had been clamouring for MGS on the 360.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:

wait a response saying that the 360 could fit the game on less that 20 dvds due to its superior compression methods? how is that a fanboyish response.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
But make the slightest mention of Halo 3 appearing on the PS3 and they think you're mad; they don't seem to know the meaning of the word "exclusivity" unless it applies to their games.
But everybody knows that Halo is without a doubt the flagship Microsoft franchise and it is very very stupid to even hope for any Halo game to appear on a non Microsoft system, but MGS has in the past gone to other platforms regardless of it's roots in the Playstation. Kojima keeps clinging to the fact that MGS was born on the PS, that's where he'd like to keep it, which is absolute balls. Especially when you realise that MGS2 Substance came out on the xbox, and 3 didn't make the move because the fanbase wasn't big enough, and MS cut support to the machine early in comparison to the PS2. The whole debate of MGS4 comming to the 360 is wide open, the PS3 just isn't selling well enough to capitalize on MGS's popularity.

Sony have had it very tough, losing exclusivity here there and everywhere. Exclusivity is something no gamer likes to see, unless they're complete and utter fucktards - go to the NWA forums to find a multitude of wankers whinging because Fallout 3 is not being developed exclusively for the PC.

ObjectsInSpace said:
But that's beside the point: I seriously doubt MGS4 will appear on the 360 any time soon. Kojima-san even took out a double-page advert in magazines reading "Dear Mr. Kojima ... Jump In", which was little more than a tongue-in-cheek stab at 360 gamers who had been clamouring for MGS on the 360.
Then perhaps he will lose out on millions for being so stubborn.

ObjectsInSpace said:
wait a response saying that the 360 could fit the game on less that 20 dvds due to its superior compression methods? how is that a fanboyish response.
Pretty sure he was talking to me, n00b

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
runtlocks said:
But everybody knows that Halo is without a doubt the flagship Microsoft franchise and it is very very stupid to even hope for any Halo game to appear on a non Microsoft system, but MGS has in the past gone to other platforms regardless of it's roots in the Playstation. Kojima keeps clinging to the fact that MGS was born on the PS, that's where he'd like to keep it, which is absolute balls. Especially when you realise that MGS2 Substance came out on the xbox, and 3 didn't make the move because the fanbase wasn't big enough, and MS cut support to the machine early in comparison to the PS2. The whole debate of MGS4 comming to the 360 is wide open, the PS3 just isn't selling well enough to capitalize on MGS's popularity.

Sony have had it very tough, losing exclusivity here there and everywhere. Exclusivity is something no gamer likes to see, unless they're complete and utter fucktards - go to the NWA forums to find a multitude of wankers
Halo may be a flagship title for the XBox, but MGS - along with Final Fantasy and Gran Turismo - is one of the "Big Three" on Sony's system. It's about as close as we get to having a proper flagship title. And while Kojima may have developed the game for other platforms - notably the Twin Snakes conversion to N64 and Substance for the XBox - they found the biggest fanbase was on Sony's system. It makes sense to stay that way. While the PS3 isn't selling well enough to capitalise on MGS's populartiy, that's the case right now. When the game is actually released, I'm willing to bet the PS3's popularity is going to begin rising; one of the reasons for the PS3's current abysmal performance is that the range of games available is nothing spectacular. But to convert MGS over to the 360 would take a lot of time, effort and money.

See, what I don't get is why it's such a big deal that 360 fans gets MGS on their system. Imagine what would happen if it was suggested that Halo were to be converted over to the PS3. A lot of 360 fanboys and Halo gamers would really kick of a stink. Why are you allowed to defend your favourite titles from being made for anotehr platform but we're not? It's hypocritical.

Also, the twenty-disc edition was a gag.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)