Michael Moore's Open Letter To George Bush (4 Viewers)

HSC
Friday, September 2nd, 2005

Dear Mr. Bush:

Any idea where all our helicopters are? It's Day 5 of Hurricane Katrina and thousands remain stranded in New Orleans and need to be airlifted. Where on earth could you have misplaced all our military choppers? Do you need help finding them? I once lost my car in a Sears parking lot. Man, was that a drag.

Also, any idea where all our national guard soldiers are? We could really use them right now for the type of thing they signed up to do like helping with national disasters. How come they weren't there to begin with?

Last Thursday I was in south Florida and sat outside while the eye of Hurricane Katrina passed over my head. It was only a Category 1 then but it was pretty nasty. Eleven people died and, as of today, there were still homes without power. That night the weatherman said this storm was on its way to New Orleans. That was Thursday! Did anybody tell you? I know you didn't want to interrupt your vacation and I know how you don't like to get bad news. Plus, you had fundraisers to go to and mothers of dead soldiers to ignore and smear. You sure showed her!

I especially like how, the day after the hurricane, instead of flying to Louisiana, you flew to San Diego to party with your business peeps. Don't let people criticize you for this -- after all, the hurricane was over and what the heck could you do, put your finger in the dike?

And don't listen to those who, in the coming days, will reveal how you specifically reduced the Army Corps of Engineers' budget for New Orleans this summer for the third year in a row. You just tell them that even if you hadn't cut the money to fix those levees, there weren't going to be any Army engineers to fix them anyway because you had a much more important construction job for them -- BUILDING DEMOCRACY IN IRAQ!

On Day 3, when you finally left your vacation home, I have to say I was moved by how you had your Air Force One pilot descend from the clouds as you flew over New Orleans so you could catch a quick look of the disaster. Hey, I know you couldn't stop and grab a bullhorn and stand on some rubble and act like a commander in chief. Been there done that.

There will be those who will try to politicize this tragedy and try to use it against you. Just have your people keep pointing that out. Respond to nothing. Even those pesky scientists who predicted this would happen because the water in the Gulf of Mexico is getting hotter and hotter making a storm like this inevitable. Ignore them and all their global warming Chicken Littles. There is nothing unusual about a hurricane that was so wide it would be like having one F-4 tornado that stretched from New York to Cleveland.

No, Mr. Bush, you just stay the course. It's not your fault that 30 percent of New Orleans lives in poverty or that tens of thousands had no transportation to get out of town. C'mon, they're black! I mean, it's not like this happened to Kennebunkport. Can you imagine leaving white people on their roofs for five days? Don't make me laugh! Race has nothing -- NOTHING -- to do with this!

You hang in there, Mr. Bush. Just try to find a few of our Army helicopters and send them there. Pretend the people of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast are near Tikrit.

Yours,

Michael Moore

i got it off another forum pretty sure its real but the poster didnt give any source

http://bushlobster.ytmnd.com/

but i think bush has signed a 12 billion dollar bill NOW

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,16477285-2,00.html

no bush supporters can deny that the reaction to this disaster by the government has been terribly slow, he even admits it himself in that link i gave.

Last edited:

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
that man is an absolute moron
how about he donates some of his fat to africa

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I hope bush gets shot.

tempco

HSC
gordo said:
that doesn't negate the fact that most of what he said in that letter is true.

fallacy: ad hominem. (thanks moonlight ;))

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
gordo said:
Whilst i agree with the sentiment attached to your second statement, I think Micheal Moore gets bad rap that is not necessarily deserved, a lot of what he says makes sense, particularly in this case.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Well maybe if there weren't a bunch of anarchists shooting at the helicopters airlifting would be possible.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
withoutaface said:
Well maybe if there weren't a bunch of anarchists shooting at the helicopters airlifting would be possible.
Thats not the point. There have been studies carried out for decades now showing scientifically that something needed to be done to stop this from happening in the first place. Donating $12 billion now is a complete cop out on the part of the Bush Admin and is more an exercise in saving face than an act of humanity or compassion.

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
The US government's response to this disaster was an absolute shocker. I reckon at least ten times as many ppl will die coz of this than Sept 11. What a waste of human life!

tempco

HSC
nwatts said:
Sure, he's right. But think of how effective his bloated rant will be in changing the disposition of Bush's administration. They'll read it and laugh.
changing the bush admin's disposition directly would be the last thing on moore's mind.

nwatts

HSC
Sure, he's right. But think of how effective his bloated rant will be in changing the disposition of Bush's administration. They'll read it and laugh.

nwatts

HSC
tempco said:
changing the bush admin's disposition directly would be the last thing on moore's mind.
What does he want to do then? Let everyone know what a moron he is? Make sure he's seen as "doing something" in an American crisis like this? Yes, and yes.

But he wouldn't be writing a letter like this unless he wanted Bush to change (in one aspect or another).

"No, Mr. Bush, you just stay the course. It's not your fault that 30 percent of New Orleans lives in poverty or that tens of thousands had no transportation to get out of town. C'mon, they're black!"

Shit like this is just fucking stupid.

(btw, what the hell is going on with the times of posts here on BOS?)

jennylim

HSC
supercharged said:
Michael Moore for president! :D
you were kidding, right?

that fucker annoys the hell out of me no end. yes, he makes some pertinent points. i just get so annoyed by his narcissism and propaganda-like productions...f911 simply made me furious.

sorry...off topic...

tempco

HSC
how the bush administration receives the letter is of no consequence. it's public opinion that matters - that's what moore has been trying to do all these years... sway public opinion. i guess the way he conveys his messages were effective initially, but his rep isn't quite what it used to be these days.

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
jennylim said:
you were kidding, right?

that fucker annoys the hell out of me no end. yes, he makes some pertinent points. i just get so annoyed by his narcissism and propaganda-like productions...f911 simply made me furious.

sorry...off topic...
f911 wasnt propaganda, it was facts presented in a convincing fashion.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Michael Moore is such a dickhead. Why doesn't he just shut up and move to Canada for fucks sake.

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
the point being its still not propaganda.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)