Michael Moore's Open Letter To George Bush (3 Viewers)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I think the American press have redeemed themselves somewhat with covering Katrina. It was hard hitting and mostly critical.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Maybe another way to see it would be,
American Press > Chinese Press.
*yawn* that's irrelevant to the topic, and American press except for maybe CNN International are a bunch of biased yank flag waving shits 80% of the time.
BBC World Service > any other press.

tempco

HSC
supercharged said:
LOL you're the one that's pwned, you haven't proven anything yourself.

You can't prove the community response in New Orleans has happened in other hurricane and flood hit countries such as the ones I posted, because it simply hasn't (so no, finding a American do gooder doesn't disprove anything because it has nothing to do with it)

Whether or not the demographic profile of New Orleans make it good example of most American cities is another matter alltogether and NOT what I'm saying. End of story. :rolleyes:
what are you trying to prove anyway?

yes, the behaviour of the people in new orleans was terrible.

and?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
supercharged said:
*yawn* that's irrelevant to the topic, and American press except for maybe CNN International are a bunch of biased yank flag waving shits 80% of the time.
BBC World Service > any other press.
please.

stop.

you're really embarassing me.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
tempco said:

and?
therefore america is crap and china is better is what he's trying to say.

a logical person would polish it and say something like

judging on the amount of time it took, as well as differences in gun laws, China evacuated their people faster than the American people from the result of a natural disaster.

how you passed the hsc, supercharged, is beyond me.

jennylim

HSC
supercharged said:
LOL you're the one that's pwned, you haven't proven anything yourself.
this time, for real, i rest my case. we actually don't need to prove how dumb supercharged is because he does it so well for himself. :)

really. END OF DISCUSSION.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
tempco said:

and?
And it has set a new and unprecedented low water mark for hurricane/flood survivor behaviour across the globe. That is all.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
supercharged said:
And it has set a new and unprecedented low water mark for hurricane/flood survivor behaviour across the globe. That is all.
ssssssssuuureeeee

thats why you pinned the china vs america thing didnt you

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Check back ALL the pages, I have used and posted examples ranging from the SEA Boxing day tsunami especially Bangladesh, Hurricane Talim and Nabi across Taiwan, China, Japan, Korea. Basically all the places recently hit by hurricanes or floods. China is just one of them.

The behaviour of the WORLD'S hurricane/flood survivors should be an example to the depraved New Orleans.

tempco

HSC
jennylim, did supercharged offend you in the past? i mean, you've been pretty zealous in your previous posts.

and captain_pi, the mods will decide when this thread should be closed. not you.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
That's because she likes to point to non-existant examples and use it as an arguement. How frustrating that must be! :p

jellybeenz

HSC
If I admit that the Americans handled the response to Hurricane Katrina badly and worse than other Asian countries have in the past, is that what you want? Coz its true. Everybody knows it. If that is your only point, you are stating the obvious.

Acknowledging this does not, however, prove in any way shape or form that the American people are anymore evil than people elsewhere.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Response to the the hurricane was bad? Yeah it was, but the bad press from the Sierra Leone style shoot, loot and rape behaviour of Katrina surviviors is what really sets this apart from other 'normal' hurricane/flood disasters around the world.

Anyways this is seriously boring and old news now so I don't care. zzzzzzzzzz..... The End.

jennylim

HSC
...and there was much rejoicing :)

haha and tempco, no he hasn't...but generalisations and lack of logic seriously annoy me. as supercharged continued to ignore this very patent fact, my tolerance level dropped. these are just a couple of my pet peeves (bad fallacious arguments and someone who persists at them. they give me the feeling of banging my head on a brick wall, which i hate very much). the zeal came from a desire to end the debate and for supercharged to concede.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)