Michael Moore's Open Letter To George Bush (2 Viewers)

tempco

HSC
011 said:
the point being its still not propaganda.
no one said it was propaganda. closest thing was "propaganda-like". which i agree with.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
anti-mathmite said:
No its not; when the riots were on in Sydney with the apes misbehaving in redfern and maq. fields, what role did John Howard have?

When there were bush fires on etc, the federal government has nothing to do with it. The reason why they are suffering over there in New Orleans, is because the state was disorganised.
Thankyou for furthering my point by attempting to compare the severity of macquarie fields with thousands of people dying and being dislocated from their houses, not to mention the economic impact through loss of output and infrastructure. You sir, are a twat.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
tempco said:
no one said it was propaganda. closest thing was "propaganda-like". which i agree with.
Its bias level would be no more than say Fox news for the right wing brigade...

jellybeenz

HSC
The state may have been disorganised but the total devastation that has indeed occurred is far beyond that of the capabilities of a single state to remedy.

This cannot be compared at all the Redfern or Macquarie Fields riots at all (which involved at most a hundred people). Almost an entire city has been destroyed. A million people have been displaced. It will take over a month to de-flood the city, not to mention the rebuilding of the city. People don't have homes, people don't have food, people don't have water, people don't have medicine and people are dead and still dying. I think that calls for the President and federal government to step in, don't you?

It took days. Days, for the President to postpone his vacation. I don't give a shit if its a state issue, its a presidents responsibility to look after the people.

tempco

HSC
supercharged said:
Its bias level would be no more than say Fox news for the right wing brigade...
yes, fox news is propoganda-like too. i mean, everyone knows that.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I think Micheal Moore gets bad rap that is not necessarily deserved, a lot of what he says makes sense, particularly in this case.
Maybe because he manipulates and lies about facts/figures to attempt to get his point accross, then people say "but what he's saying is true".
If it is, give the facts, none of the bs.

Here's an open letter to Michael Moore:

Lose some weight.
- NTB.

jellybeenz

HSC
This morning I turned on CNN which was showing various shots of the destruction of Hurricane Katrina. I switched to FOX News and they were talking about how the community had banded together in New Orleans- then showed a shot of the Park commenting how green the grass was. Take it as you will.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
anti-mathmite said:
No its not; when the riots were on in Sydney with the apes misbehaving in redfern and maq. fields, what role did John Howard have?

When there were bush fires on etc, the federal government has nothing to do with it. The reason why they are suffering over there in New Orleans, is because the state was disorganised.
What the fuck is a president for if he doesn't lead his people?! All his deliberation was costing lives and you're comparing that to what? A few hoodlums causing riots to a natural disaster which devastated an entire city? You're an idiot.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
anti-mathmite said:
What has George Bush got to do with this? It is a state issue.
I suppose if a hurricane hit queensland,
John Howard wouldn't do anything,

it's Peter Beattie's problem I'm guessing, according your logic

walrusbear

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
i'd argue that you saw out-foxed and took it as the unbridled truth without doing your own independant research.
not only was that call stupid and incorrect, it came out of nowhere.

what did that personal attack (based on nothing) add to the thread?

nice work. calling moore fat was also a worthy addition.

anyways, are going to defend fox news now?

Last edited:

studynoob

HSC
N/A
gordo said:
that man is an absolute moron
how about he donates some of his fat to africa
that comment was hilarious indeed this guy states the obivious facts about america well thats ignorant white men with a lot of power and stupidity! :) whether you like it or not thats the way the world works nowdays! the thing that makes me laugh at those sadassed moore haters is that when you actually hate someone becuase of their politics/motives/position/persona or whatever they actually set an example and back their argument with appropriate evidences but for moore haters they make fun of his weight not that i dont care becuase they cant say something smart against him cos that man just tells the godamn obivious truth bout the way americans run the world whatever! after all everyone is entitled to their own opinons! if you are offended by my comment then you truly have no life!!!! moore for president!

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
anti-mathmite said:

LOL! Keep it up meng. <3

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
hiphophorray123 said:
And don't listen to those who, in the coming days, will reveal how you specifically reduced the Army Corps of Engineers' budget for New Orleans this summer for the third year in a row. You just tell them that even if you hadn't cut the money to fix those levees, there weren't going to be any Army engineers to fix them anyway because you had a much more important construction job for them -- BUILDING DEMOCRACY IN IRAQ
An increase in budget could've helped but it wouldn't have stopped the flooding, it might have made the repair job quicker but the specifications for the levees were for a category 3 storm (a once in 200 year event), Katrina was a category 4.

spell check

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
i'd argue that you saw out-foxed and took it as the unbridled truth without doing your own independant research.
yeah you're right, i don't even read textbooks without doing all the research first myself :rolleyes:

moore is just summarising the case for bush having fucked up here, he's not trying to influence the actual administration. that's why he put it on the internet and not just mailed to the white house.

and anyone who complains about fahrenheit 911 being shit and propaganda is a fucking moron. it's not as though he's a journalist or a news anchor, it was a film that won the palme d'or at cannes, next time you make a film that good you can say it was shit.

oh and just for the record

prop·a·gan·da ( P ) Pronunciation Key (prp-gnd)
n.
The systematic propagation of a doctrine or cause or of information reflecting the views and interests of those advocating such a doctrine or cause.
Material disseminated by the advocates or opponents of a doctrine or cause: wartime propaganda.

it's hardly criticism to say moore made F911 with the intention of advocating the 'anti-bush' cause.
whenever anyone says anything intended to influence people towards a particular way of thinking, that is propaganda.

tempco

HSC
Xayma said:
An increase in budget could've helped but it wouldn't have stopped the flooding, it might have made the repair job quicker but the specifications for the levees were for a category 3 storm (a once in 200 year event), Katrina was a category 4.
i'm sure it would have helped. but it wouldn't have prevented the disaster - nothing could've done that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)