Microsoft Office 2010 (1 Viewer)

Aeriff

HSC
it reached RTM over a month ago in april. due for release this month according to wiki.

xMaNx

HSC
2010 is 3 more than 2007

now you tell me

DevotioN

HSC
its being released in aus sometime by the end of the month
and there's a beta out already which is worth trying
=)

taylorj

HSC
If you are a TAFE or University student you will be able to download the Ultimate edition of Office 2010 for $75 when it comes out from www.itsnotcheating.com.au

Even if you download Office 2007 from the Its Not Cheating website now, you're then able to download 2010 for no extra cost when it comes out.

_be

HSC
Office 2010 has been released (All I can confirm is that it's available via Its Not Cheating)
However, instead of getting 2010 Ultimate for $75, you can get 2010 Professional Academic for $99. :(

aussie-boy

HSC
Office 2010 has been released (All I can confirm is that it's available via Its Not Cheating)
However, instead of getting 2010 Ultimate for $75, you can get 2010 Professional Academic for $99. :(
I think they've just gone over the piracy threshold
$99 is too much for poor students

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Truth be told though, any particular reason why you want the new Office?

A lot of the newer Office features are really only useful for collaboration with other people who have already got the latest Office. For me, 2007 hit the spot with the ribbon and easy to use features which make your documents look pro (i.e. templates for table colour schemes, powerpoint presentations, etc) as well as the technical features (i.e. larger spreadsheets). But really, if you don't have a "need" for it, it's difficult to justify the upgrade.

ps. I only just moved to 2007 from 2003. I still predominantly use 2003 unless I have a gigantic spreadsheet or I need to make my document look pretty before sending it to a design house to make it perfect.

1titanic

HSC
I think it is more convenient
There's this thing called "OneNote" it's really useful you type anything anywhere and it is easier to organise things and you can insert files into this thing
You could also draw too
When I got it from my sister, I drew random pictures and colour them etc...
I was thinking to use it for uni but then I'll think again since there's the side where you forget to write and so on
Oh you could also save files from 2003-2007 or word document or some other format

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
There's this thing called "OneNote" it's really useful you type anything anywhere and it is easier to organise things and you can insert files into this thing
You could also draw too
I was thinking to use it for uni but then I'll think again since there's the side where you forget to write and so on
Oh you could also save files from 2003-2007 or word document or some other format
That's the worst ad for a software package I think I've ever seen

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
You could also draw too
See how long you last with OneNote :) I got sick of it within a week and it caused way too much drain of resources on my netbook. That being said, it's a really good concept especially for those with tablet PC's.

ps. I still prefer pen & paper or Notepad.exe (faster to load up) but I'm a luddite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)