Minimum/Maximum Penalty for Child Rapists? (1 Viewer)

darek_arsenal

HSC
What do you think should be the minimum and/or the maximum for someone who rapes a child?

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
CRIMES ACT 1900 - SECT 66A
Sexual intercourse—child under 10
66A Sexual intercourse—child under 10

Any person who has sexual intercourse with another person who is under the age of 10 years shall be liable to imprisonment for 25 years.

darek_arsenal

HSC
wheredanton said:
CRIMES ACT 1900 - SECT 66A
Sexual intercourse—child under 10
66A Sexual intercourse—child under 10

Any person who has sexual intercourse with another person who is under the age of 10 years shall be liable to imprisonment for 25 years.
That's what the laws states; what do you think it should be?

Tbomb2k

T.K
HSC
well i just got this off google dictionary: definition is "The removal of the sex organs making the animal incapable of reproduction; the correct use of the word can be used to describe both male and female animals, but it is commonly used to describe only males."

darek_arsenal

HSC
Tbomb2k said:
well i just got this off google dictionary: definition is "The removal of the sex organs making the animal incapable of reproduction; the correct use of the word can be used to describe both male and female animals, but it is commonly used to describe only males."
Lol...thats sounds like a preety good law!

banco55

HSC
Mandatory life sentence for children under 12 not so much as punishment (though I personally hope some fellow inmate slits their throat) but more to get them out of circulation. If they are in jail they can't hurt any more kids.

Optophobia

HSC
The people who abuse children largely aren't going to respond to physical punishment as they come from abusive child hoods.

It's a tough one. What is meant by "rape"? *real* rape, or "statutory" rape.

Darren, off BB06, was arrested in 2002 (when he was 16 years old) for having intercourse with a girl who was 15. Technically this was rape.. but i don't think he should be incarcerated/castrated.

A labotomy perhaps for serious offenders?

*hopeful*

HSC
i dont see the darren case as being rape because it was consensual (sp ?) consenting whatever

but yeh castration sounds good~

*Minka*

HSC
Optophobia said:
The people who abuse children largely aren't going to respond to physical punishment as they come from abusive child hoods.

It's a tough one. What is meant by "rape"? *real* rape, or "statutory" rape.

Darren, off BB06, was arrested in 2002 (when he was 16 years old) for having intercourse with a girl who was 15. Technically this was rape.. but i don't think he should be incarcerated/castrated.

A labotomy perhaps for serious offenders?
Well no, but I think it is warrented for people who DO rape as in, *real* rape.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
It depends on the individual case, sometimes (especially in the states), a 12 year old could literally 'pass' for a 16-17 year old. (consenting age for sex). I think the law should be lenient when the 'offender' can prove he didn't know.

Otherwise, I would say 'mandatory life sentences', for any deviant sexual acts with children under 12, without chance for 'parole', and only be allowed into a 'secured environment' after 25 years imprisonment and proof of 'rehabilitation'.

Secured Environment - It's my idea of an 'after prison', where people are held in a Larger area, (mainly for criminals), they'd have access to everything in regular society,(Like a small town). Including internet access etc.

It would be locked though, no entry or exit from anyone, and perhaps a factory or two for people to work in. It would be like society, without the risk to innocent people. (Wouldn't cost that much to maintain, and the prisoners would be working aswell), they would have regular phones and stuff, like t.v's and whatever else.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
all i can say is i wouldnt support castration in ANY CASE WHATSOEVER

edit: nor do i think there should be mandatory minimum's etc. each case should be decided by a judge on the facts of the case

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
townie said:
all i can say is i wouldnt support castration in ANY CASE WHATSOEVER

edit: nor do i think there should be mandatory minimum's etc. each case should be decided by a judge on the facts of the case
Surely, you would accept where all the facts can be proven that;
a) He/She knew what they were doing.
b) They knew the childs age.
c) They had full intent of doing the acts.
d) -Aggravating Circumstance- They were entrusted with the child, they are apart of the childs 'family', the child was 'awake'.

I would say a minimum of 5-8 years for each of the conditions met.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
DEATH PENALTY.. - overpopulation... we need people to die preferably criminals should go first.

HSC
dark arsenal what are your thoughts of they should get?

...cant believe you didnt know what castration:eek:

its been so long...

darek_arsenal

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
dark arsenal what are your thoughts of they should get?

...cant believe you didnt know what castration:eek:

its been so long...
For a rape of a child....definite life sentence

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
A crime against the freedoms and liberty of a person is the most severe of crimes.
A crime against a child is even worse.

Rehabilitation is unlikely, re-integration is risky and retribution is probable.

Answer = Life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)