Mining (1 Viewer)

lilkatie

DoAsInfinity said:
YAY! free drinks =.= ... as you might deduce, I got a co-op for mining as well! =D
Curry, IIRC from the Open Day lecture, they said ~7.
Oh really you are on a coop for mining too yewl!
I'm getting keen for it...staying at New College too should be fun
but i kinda got put off cos mining eng had a low UAI and i felt unspecial doing it with my UAI - if that makes sense, so that'd be awesome if it went to 90, but as if it would hey

lilkatie

you doing mining eng r u? haha if you r def see you, as there's not very many ppl doing it

ioniser

HSC
yeah wollongong was offering me an interview if i still want to do it,changed my mind im going to do mining after i finish my first engineering degree which will be like an extra 2.5 years including becoming a miner for 1 whole year

lilkatie

Don't go to the Gong gay gay gay
huh i'm confused? why don't you just go do an engineering (mining) degree, instead of doing an extra 2.5 years

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Numero Uno said:
Well guys i got into my course B comm / b eng (mining)

so ill see u guys next year !!
man mining this year has no vacancies !! crazy stuff

What do you mean "no vacancies"?

Numero Uno

HSC
Curry said:
What do you mean "no vacancies"?
Well according to uac mining eng has no hecs vacancies, in other words the course, may not be accepting new students in the late round offers.

Btw

Do any of u guys also have problem with enrolling ?
in semester 1 i cant see to enrol to
mine1010
http://www.timetable.unsw.edu.au/2006/MINE1010.html
apparently the times havent been established ..
same problem with semester 2 in
MINE1300 Engineering Mechanics
http://www.timetable.unsw.edu.au/2006/MINE1300.html

pretty shifty ...

Last edited:

Numero Uno

HSC
yeh guys i talked to paul hagan about it
apparenty only people who are doing the single mining degree were allowed in, so ppl in other eng courses werent allowed to mining elective,
though yeh, thus us ppl that r doing double degrees with a different program code from then mining eng course werent able to enrol..

apparently he'll fix the problem tomorrow ..

ioniser

HSC
*Katie* said:
Don't go to the Gong gay gay gay
huh i'm confused? why don't you just go do an engineering (mining) degree, instead of doing an extra 2.5 years

well personally i do want to do mining but the thing is i dont want to be stuck in the outback for the rest of my life,so getting 2 engineering degrees allows me to get two totally different ebg degrees and not restricting myself to mining

(planning to do mining engineering for like 10-15 years,then use my other degree to work somewhere not as remote, you know to be closer to friends etc...........)

Tuna

HSC
N/A
Miners earn a lot of money because they are in shortage. Last year, graduates were in total of 15 at UNSW. Don't you guys have second thoughts about the high pay? If they pay really high, I mean, it does include funeral fees too doesn't it?

Numero Uno

HSC
Tuna said:
Miners earn a lot of money because they are in shortage. Last year, graduates were in total of 15 at UNSW. Don't you guys have second thoughts about the high pay? If they pay really high, I mean, it does include funeral fees too doesn't it?
yeh it does , how awesome is that ? u wanna die with us ?
retard

ioniser said:
well personally i do want to do mining but the thing is i dont want to be stuck in the outback for the rest of my life,so getting 2 engineering degrees allows me to get two totally different ebg degrees and not restricting myself to mining

(planning to do mining engineering for like 10-15 years,then use my other degree to work somewhere not as remote, you know to be closer to friends etc...........)
Yeh thats wut im also planning to do , getting a double degree , and spend a few years in the mine then come back to City, with some experience under my belt.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Mate, if you plan to do mining engineering for 10 - 15 years, you will be experienced enough to get hired to work from the city. Not trying to dissuade you from the double degree, but I wouldn't spend that long on mining and then go on to something else when you could be getting VERY good money with the exp. you've gained.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Tuna, do you know how many procedures go into place in a mine to work it safe to work? There isn't that high a chance you will get hurt. Miners and Mining Engineers and anyone associated with mining are some of the most safety concious people you will ever meet. Again, if you don't to do it, that's fine, but please at least make judgements based on some facts.

ioniser

HSC
yeah well after 15 years of mining engineering and managing the whole mine,you 'd be a millionaire and have alot of experience in management.The money should be enough to start me own mechatronics engineering business or even own mine......................

do you get where im going ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)