Misadventure/illness How does it work? (1 Viewer)

Melley-belley

HSC
What happens when you put in a illness and misadventure form

Does it go back to your class mark overall?
Or your trial mark?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
First of all the BOS will look at the paper work and decide whether or not you actually deserve the illness/misadventure.

Now assuming that they do they will do two things:

1. Treat your exam normally and work out what your result would have been including your exam and moderated school assessment mark.

2. Take your exam marks out of the moderation process - moderate you school's marks in that subject and then put you into the internal marks based on your school marks and ranks.

3. Then they determine which result is best for you - one including your actual exam or one based only on your rank within your school (the BOS don't get told your trial marks - by the way there is no requirement to actually do trial exams - although I don't know any school that doesn't). All the BOS get are the final school marks as whole numbers.

The BOS will always give you what is best for you when an illness/misadventure is approved.

yours

HSC
First of all the BOS will look at the paper work and decide whether or not you actually deserve the illness/misadventure.

Now assuming that they do they will do two things:

1. Treat your exam normally and work out what your result would have been including your exam and moderated school assessment mark.

2. Take your exam marks out of the moderation process - moderate you school's marks in that subject and then put you into the internal marks based on your school marks and ranks.

3. Then they determine which result is best for you - one including your actual exam or one based only on your rank within your school (the BOS don't get told your trial marks - by the way there is no requirement to actually do trial exams - although I don't know any school that doesn't). All the BOS get are the final school marks as whole numbers.

The BOS will always give you what is best for you when an illness/misadventure is approved.
what happens if you apply for illness/misadventure but do better in the exam than the moderated assessment mark?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Then obviously you don't need the illness/misadventure appeal and so they will use your exam mark.

They only use the internal marks only if they grant the appeal AND that is best for you.

Not using it simply means that they didn't need to to do the best for you.

They have to grant the appeal before they do the calculations - and only if they grant the appeal will they then work out which way is best for you but...if the exam is best for you it may appear that your weren't granted the appeal and that wouldn't necessarily be true. What would be true is that you didn't need the appeal.

WorryWartCob

HSC
Then obviously you don't need the illness/misadventure appeal and so they will use your exam mark.

They only use the internal marks only if they grant the appeal AND that is best for you.

Not using it simply means that they didn't need to to do the best for you.

They have to grant the appeal before they do the calculations - and only if they grant the appeal will they then work out which way is best for you but...if the exam is best for you it may appear that your weren't granted the appeal and that wouldn't necessarily be true. What would be true is that you didn't need the appeal.
repped bro + 1

uhm, i had kidney infection / sinusitis... do you think i would win my appeal?
i went to the doctors twice. one certificate..?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If all the paperwork is in order then probably but remember if your exam mark is best for you it won't show on your results that you were successful. They only indicate when they have used the school's assessments to award your marks. So if your results come back and don't have any indication that you were successful don't assume that your weren't.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)