Missionaries of Hate - a documentary on Uganda's anti-gay movement (1 Viewer)

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
no one cares about boring gay rights and gay activism
No one cares about your DP.
Oh wait, I do.

The country of Uganda has determined that homosexual activity is not beneficial to society as a whole. Seeing as homosexual men have the highest rates of HIV, it's not that illogical for a country battling HIV infection to outlaw something that seems to encourage the spread of HIV. That said I don't agree with laws against homosexuals at all.
The country of Uganda also, under Idi Amin, decided to kick out whites and Asians, as well as murder millions of their own. That isn't logical either.

Unscientific bullshit spread by the catholic church.
Yup yup :D

My uncles gay and hes had 3 partners his whole life time you incompetent fuck.
My uncle's a bit of a slut :pirate:

Sure. If you feel as though your rudimentary insults and complete and utter lack of understanding of the point I was making, taking issues on face value and blatant use of logical fallacy translates into 'addressing' a statement, then you sure showed me.
+1 :D

8 in 5 homosexuals have HIV. See, i can make up statistics too :)
+100 :D

Yes your single uncle is an accurate and valid sample, representing the complete of the black/gay community.

The guy quoted proper stats from the CDC. Props to him.
1. Please, Mr. Christian Missionary BOS Guy, we are GAYS. Homosexual is such a clinical term.

2. Debatable, all stats can be misused.

scorch is a moron
I thought you said Mormon for a sec

Neg on both counts

If you don't think HIV has a higher rate of incidence in the homosexual community you're deluding yourself. In Australia 85% of HIV transmissions are through anal intercourse between two men [1], and it's clear to see why: anal sex has a much higher chance of passing on STIs, and when there's no fear of pregnancy you're likely to be a lot more lax with condom use. The whole thing creates a multiplier effect, same deal with intravenous drug users.
Probably the only reason why, tbh.

bazrah

HSC
No one cares about your DP.
Oh wait, I do.

The country of Uganda also, under Idi Amin, decided to kick out whites and Asians, as well as murder millions of their own. That isn't logical either.

Yup yup :D

My uncle's a bit of a slut :pirate:

+1 :D

+100 :D

1. Please, Mr. Christian Missionary BOS Guy, we are GAYS. Homosexual is such a clinical term.

2. Debatable, all stats can be misused.

I thought you said Mormon for a sec

Neg on both counts

Probably the only reason why, tbh.
Hahaha this is probably why HIV continues to be on the rise in homosexuals. They just hope that if they keep on telling themselves that all the non-religious scientific statistics and figures are lies, then hopefully they won't catch it.

Tangent

HSC
Hahaha this is probably why HIV continues to be on the rise in homosexuals. They just hope that if they keep on telling themselves that all the non-religious scientific statistics and figures are lies, then hopefully they won't catch it.
And you're the lone cause of global warming

85% of people with HIV are homosexual males in Aust~ ACON (Aids council of NSW)

ACON has a specific focus on those living with AIDS, spreading awareness of AIDS, and as running programs about safe sex, drug education and specific programs aimed at the LGBTQI community. EG Fun and Esteem in Syd for young gays.

Don't be a troll. If homosexual intercourse was better covered in the PDHPE syllabus in NSW, then it would also help. Who's sweeping what under the carpet now?

EDIT: Citation, and also 'Almost 17,000 people are living with HIV in Australia with about 1000 people becoming newly infected each year. Over the last 25 years, about 6700 Australians have died from AIDS. In Australia, about 85% of HIV transmissions occur through sex between gay and other homosexually active men, about 13% occur through heterosexual sex and about 2% occur through injecting drug use. In NSW, about 10,000 people are living with HIV. On average, at least one new HIV infection is diagnosed in NSW every day.'

Last edited:

bazrah

HSC
And you're the lone cause of global warming

85% of people with HIV are homosexual males in Aust~ ACON (Aids council of NSW)

ACON has a specific focus on those living with AIDS, spreading awareness of AIDS, and as running programs about safe sex, drug education and specific programs aimed at the LGBTQI community. EG Fun and Esteem in Syd for young gays.

Don't be a troll. If homosexual intercourse was better covered in the PDHPE syllabus in NSW, then it would also help. Who's sweeping what under the carpet now?

EDIT: Citation, and also 'Almost 17,000 people are living with HIV in Australia with about 1000 people becoming newly infected each year. Over the last 25 years, about 6700 Australians have died from AIDS. In Australia, about 85% of HIV transmissions occur through sex between gay and other homosexually active men, about 13% occur through heterosexual sex and about 2% occur through injecting drug use. In NSW, about 10,000 people are living with HIV. On average, at least one new HIV infection is diagnosed in NSW every day.'
Mmmmmm k I think you are misinterpreting my post. I was being sarcastic because calamari was trying to say the figures were just Catholic propaganda, and that the statistics are wrong, when obviously they are not.

Tangent

HSC
Mmmmmm k I think you are misinterpreting my post. I was being sarcastic because calamari was trying to say the figures were just Catholic propaganda, and that the statistics are wrong, when obviously they are not.
You were generalising, I had a problem with that.
Facts backed up with citation would be useful as well, another reason for my post.

^^

0bs3n3

HSC
Again, statistics ought not to be taken at face value at any point, for they may be manipulated or misunderstood. Homosexuality is no more dangerous in the spread of HIV than regular intercourse or exchange of fluids, biologically. What you are doing is falling into the trap of reading into misleading statistics that do not accurately account for other factors.
Yes, believe it or not, there are such a thing as facts, regardless of what your BA education will have you believe.

Kim Il-Sung

HSC
Yes, believe it or not, there are such a thing as facts, regardless of what your BA education will have you believe.
You have some nerve you upstart cunt

scorch's BA education whoops your pathetic HSC education into last century

go back to your IPT you stupid pathetic shit

Scorch

HSC
I have an awareness of the facts that makes you look like an embarrassing, pathetic child, and it shows.

That is all.

HSC
The issue in this post isn't whether HIV/AIDS is higher in gay community, it's the fact that Uganda may introduce a bill which would have disastrous consequences not only for its LGBT community, but for the community as a whole.

Some of the measures imposed would include:

• Any person alleged to be homosexual would be at risk of life
imprisonment or in some circumstances the death penalty;

• Any parent who does not denounce their lesbian daughter or gay son to
the authorities would face fines of $ 2,650.00 or three years in prison;

• Any teacher who does not report a lesbian or gay pupil to the
authorities within 24 hours would face the same penalties;

• And any landlord or landlady who happens to give housing to a suspected
homosexual would risk 7 years of imprisonment.

• Similarly, the Bill threatens to punish or ruin the reputation of anyone
who works with the gay or lesbian population, such as medical doctors
working on HIV/AIDS, civil society leaders active in the fields of sexual
and reproductive health, hence further undermining public health efforts
to combat the spread of HIV; the bill forbids the "promotion of homosexuality," which in effect bans organizations working in HIV and AIDS prevention;

• People who test positive for HIV may be executed;

• All of the offences covered by the Bill as drafted can be applied to a
Ugandan citizen who allegedly commits them - even outside Uganda!

Lentern

HSC
You are a douche most spectacular. Explain for us how on earth the science of such a claim could work? Not the statistics but how the gay sex actually causes a different reaction to the straight sex in regards to the STD's. You may uses pictures if you so desire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)