Mobile Fone Water Damage (1 Viewer)

Cab31

HSC
Ok this seems to happen to me a lot. My mobile fone was in my bag, and my drink bottle spilt all over it now it wont turn on. I have let it dry out for 3 days. It still wont turn on. Is there anything i can do? Its still under warranty but i doubt they will fix it coz they always just cry water damage and make you buy a new one. Any ideas?

tennille

HSC
My phone had the same problem. I used a hair dryer to completely dry it. However, I can't guarantee you that it will work and the chances are even if it doesn't work, it won't last long.

I sent my phone to Nokia to try and fix it, but the water damage caused corrosion of part of the phone.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
There are ways to fix water damaged electronics, But you have to be very very careful, there are numerous steps and if you fuck any up, your phone is screwed....i dont remember where i read it, but just do a google search or something. Basically you have to remove the board from the phone and dry it with a hair dryer. At the least you should be able to fix it so it looks like it wasnt water damage, but faulty manufacturing[my dad does this with pc parts all the time]

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Not going to work with newer phone because all of them are coated with an ultravoilet layer on the mainboard which can be washed off easily to show water damage.
The last thing you should do after seeing your phone is wet is by turning it on, should always let it dry out completely before testing.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Cab31 said:
Ok this seems to happen to me a lot. My mobile fone was in my bag, and my drink bottle spilt all over it now it wont turn on. I have let it dry out for 3 days. It still wont turn on. Is there anything i can do? Its still under warranty but i doubt they will fix it coz they always just cry water damage and make you buy a new one. Any ideas?
You could start by spelling 'phone' correctly.

EDIT: And if the water's already shorted the electronics, which it probably has if you've been trying to turn it on several times, there's nothing you can do.

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
You will find many manufacturers also have a 'dot' on the battery that changes colour if it is wet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)