Mock Interview (1 Viewer)

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
just some random questions i threw together. taking various aspects from the newcastle, adelaide, unsw interviews. not so much monash anymore since they've completely changed their format

Why medicine and not another career like nursing, physiotherapy or dentistry? What is different about medicine?

How would your friends describe you?

Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?

What have you done in your life that you regret?

If you are not successful this time round, what is your back up?

How do you handle stress?

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

What is your main weakness?

You are the team leader working on a major science project. One of your members is obviously not pulling his/her weight. How would you approach this situation? (Don't know if these kind of questions are still asked but they can catch you off guard and tell the interviewers a lot about you)

What are the negative aspects of being a doctor?

Why have you chosen our university for medicine?

What do you know about our course?

Is there anything you would like to ask us?

enoilgam

HSC
A mate of my did the interviews a couple of years ago and failed. He goes to me that the interviewers ask wierd questions and do wierd shit like turn lights on and off whilst the interview is going on, cough while your talking etc. Is this true, because going off what you have said and what I've heard from others, the stuff they ask sounds like what you would be asked in a regular job interview.

michaeljennings

HSC
the interviewers ask wierd questions and do wierd shit like turn lights on and off whilst the interview is going on, cough while your talking etc.
Is it bad if you start laughing when they turn the lights on and off?

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
A mate of my did the interviews a couple of years ago and failed. He goes to me that the interviewers ask wierd questions and do wierd shit like turn lights on and off whilst the interview is going on, cough while your talking etc. Is this true, because going off what you have said and what I've heard from others, the stuff they ask sounds like what you would be asked in a regular job interview.
they do like to play tricks to see how u react and catch people out. e.g. in mine, they did the good cop bad cop thing. one interviewer was really interested in what i had to see, the other guy was yawning, looking at the ceiling and fiddling with a piece of paper. the turning the light on and off thing is a bit strange i must say.

but the interview should be no different from a job interview. they want to know about you, your personal qualities, why u chose their uni and how much you actually know about medicine (i.e. if you've actually researched anything on ur own to see if you are genuinely interested).

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
How did you respond to this
you continue with the interview as normal and try your best to involve the uninterested interviewer by trying to make eye contact and using positive body language. some people are put off by the whole act and perform poorly OR they just go on to completely ignore the uninterested interviewer and direct all their attention to the one they believe is nicer (big mistake as you are basically showing favourtism).

michaeljennings

HSC
you continue with the interview as normal and try your best to involve the uninterested interviewer by trying to make eye contact and using positive body language. some people are put off by the whole act and perform poorly OR they just go on to completely ignore the uninterested interviewer and direct all their attention to the one they believe is nicer (big mistake as you are basically showing favourtism).
can you wink suggestively at the uninterested one to see how they react? like try to mindfuck them back?

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
can you wink suggestively at the uninterested one to see how they react? like try to mindfuck them back?
that wouldnt go down too well. i know people who get angry or start laughing etc. it basically shows a lack of professionalism which is one of the top things they want in their candidates.

Alkanes

HSC
How long can you have a mind blank for before the the interviewers deduct points?

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
How long can you have a mind blank for before the the interviewers deduct points?
theres really no set rule about deducting points for blanking. but usually i would say a 5 second pause between the question and you answering is appropriate.

michaeljennings

HSC
that wouldnt go down too well. i know people who get angry or start laughing etc. it basically shows a lack of professionalism which is one of the top things they want in their candidates.
awww what...Stupid people expect you to be all professional when they are switching the lights on and off like a child! Whatever I dont wanna be a doctor anyway

michaeljennings

HSC
just gotta keep a cool head
hahah i think im too immature to keep a cool head. I rkn if one of the interviewers started to put on an accent i would probably laugh my head off. The first time I went to tutoring, my tutor had a really strong asian accent and I had to like stab my leg with a pen for the whole hour to stop myself from laughing.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
hahah i think im too immature to keep a cool head. I rkn if one of the interviewers started to put on an accent i would probably laugh my head off. The first time I went to tutoring, my tutor had a really strong asian accent and I had to like stab my leg with a pen for the whole hour to stop myself from laughing.
most of the times they wont do any of the weird stuff. its just stories you hear. for all we know, my guy was probably just sick of listening to 17 yr olds rambling on all day.

michaeljennings

HSC
most of the times they wont do any of the weird stuff. its just stories you hear. for all we know, my guy was probably just sick of listening to 17 yr olds rambling on all day.
ohhh lol. I like the idea though that they try to put you off and stuff it would make for pretty interesting interviews

Alkanes

HSC
What about the common expressions of "ummmms"?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Don't use 'like' too much though. Makes you sound like a blonde bimbo.

Hmmm, at my UNSW interview, I don't remember -anything- that was done to throw me off. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
As you walk into the room, grab your balls. Works like a boss.

Sorry for the bad trolling. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)