Mock Interview (1 Viewer)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
just some random questions i threw together. taking various aspects from the newcastle, adelaide, unsw interviews. not so much monash anymore since they've completely changed their format

Why medicine and not another career like nursing, physiotherapy or dentistry? What is different about medicine?

How would your friends describe you?

Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?

What have you done in your life that you regret?

If you are not successful this time round, what is your back up?

How do you handle stress?

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

What is your main weakness?
You are the team leader working on a major science project. One of your members is obviously not pulling his/her weight. How would you approach this situation? (Don't know if these kind of questions are still asked but they can catch you off guard and tell the interviewers a lot about you)

What are the negative aspects of being a doctor?

Why have you chosen our university for medicine?

What do you know about our course?

Is there anything you would like to ask us?
Great, now I can't be a doctor because I'm too perfect

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Thinking u are perfect is an imperfection in itself.
lol k. But anyway (on a more serious note), this is probably the most difficult question for me out of the ones you listed. Mainly because I don't know which imperfection to point out in case it can be detrimental to my selection.

I'll probably have to say "my imperfection is sometimes I lose track of where I'm at because I'm so focussed with helping other people" that way my imperfection comes across as slightly good lol

polpe

HSC
Smoke half a joint before hand, it can give you mad inspiration and it keeps you calm

Zeroes

HSC
lol k. But anyway (on a more serious note), this is probably the most difficult question for me out of the ones you listed. Mainly because I don't know which imperfection to point out in case it can be detrimental to my selection.

I'll probably have to say "my imperfection is sometimes I lose track of where I'm at because I'm so focussed with helping other people" that way my imperfection comes across as slightly good lol
If I was the interviewer that would probably come across to me as bullshit. Then again, that's just me, I haven't even done the med interview and I don't exactly have a great interview history...

I see your problem though, most things sound either like a genuine problem-causing weakness or complete bullshit.

enoilgam

HSC
If I was the interviewer that would probably come across to me as bullshit. Then again, that's just me, I haven't even done the med interview and I don't exactly have a great interview history...

I see your problem though, most things sound either like a genuine problem-causing weakness or complete bullshit.
I agree. Just identify a genuine flaw and say, "its something I feel I need to work on". I doubt whether the interviewers are looking for "perfect" people - I think coming across as being honest and genuine will score you major points.

Last edited:

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
the most important thing in becoming a good doctor is identifying your weaknesses (history taking, physical examination, procedures etc) and improving on them. that is what the question is trying to ascertain rather than weeding people out based on their weaknesses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)