Models (1 Viewer)

lolrofllol

HSC
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using models in biology? E.g. for natural selection and meiosis.

I couldn't find much on the net, and all I can think of is that models are simple representations of complex processes, however they may be too simple?

Thanks

samthebear

HSC
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using models in biology? E.g. for natural selection and meiosis.

I couldn't find much on the net, and all I can think of is that models are simple representations of complex processes, however they may be too simple?

Thanks
Advantage: models allow you to simulate the process which will lead to a better understanding of how the process works (eg: in natural selection and in meiosis)

Disadvantage: Models are not exact replicas of the process and may be somewhat erroneous in the representation of the process.

those are the two i can think off the top of my head - there're more, but if you cant find any more check with your teacher *

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Advantage: models allow you to simulate the process which will lead to a better understanding of how the process works (eg: in natural selection and in meiosis)

Disadvantage: Models are not exact replicas of the process and may be somewhat erroneous in the representation of the process.

those are the two i can think off the top of my head - there're more, but if you cant find any more check with your teacher *
thats basically it, except u can sorta elaborate on those points

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)